Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:47:56 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 294: Steve Bannon Ruined Your Sex Robot Conference  (Read 20759 times)

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
I'm just morally offended that the question DO WE REALLY WANT A MALE SEXBOT WITH A BIONIC PENIS? is presented as not self-evidently answerable.
Puppy Time Salubrious Rex

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
I personally feel like, if someone wants an AI fuckslave, they should probably have one and keep them away from humans.

Like, unless we get a weird scifi situation of Suddenly Computar Become Humanlike, it's most likely just a reasonable facsimile of human interaction and not a being capable of suffering.  I'm AOK with someone being a major creep as long as the only victim is themself.
Puppy Time, September 07, 2020, 01:58:50 pm
From a story in Stanislaw Lem's brilliant Cyberiad, where a robot creator-god (trurl) has designed a world of simulacrae for a tyrant to torture, and his homie Klapaucius is pissed off at Trurl:
"If an imperfect imitator, wishing to inflict pain, were to build himself a crude idol of wood or wax, and further give it some makeshift semblance of a sentient being, his torture of the thing would be a paltry mockery indeed! But consider a succession of improvements on this practice! Consider the next sculptor, who builds a doll with a recording in its belly, that it may groan beneath his blows; consider a doll which, when beaten, begs for mercy, no longer a crude idol, but a homeostat; consider a doll that sheds tears, a doll that bleeds, a doll that fears death, though it also longs for the peace that only death can bring! Don't you see, when the imitator is perfect, so must be the imitation, and the semblance becomes the truth, the pretense a reality!
[...]
You say there's no way of knowing whether Excelsius's subjects groan, when beaten, purely because of the electrons hopping about inside - like wheels grinding out the mimicry of a voice - or whether they really groan, that is, because they honestly experience the pain? A pretty distinction, this! No, Trurl, a sufferer is not one who hands you his suffering, that you may touch it, weigh it, bite it like a coin; a sufferer is one who behaves like a sufferer! Prove to me here and now, once and for all, that they do not feel, that they do not think, that they do not in any way exist as being conscious of their enclosure between the two abysses of oblivion-the abyss before birth and the abyss that follows death-prove this to me, Trurl, and I'll leave you be! Prove that you only imitated suffering, and did not create it!
Phantom Creep

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
also, I will be attending the VR sex robot conference.
Dr. Buttplug Puppy Time Frank West KingKalamari

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
  • AND THEN THEY'LL HAVE A DONKEY HEAD!
I personally feel like, if someone wants an AI fuckslave, they should probably have one and keep them away from humans.

Like, unless we get a weird scifi situation of Suddenly Computar Become Humanlike, it's most likely just a reasonable facsimile of human interaction and not a being capable of suffering.  I'm AOK with someone being a major creep as long as the only victim is themself.
Puppy Time, September 07, 2020, 01:58:50 pm
From a story in Stanislaw Lem's brilliant Cyberiad, where a robot creator-god (trurl) has designed a world of simulacrae for a tyrant to torture, and his homie Klapaucius is pissed off at Trurl:
"If an imperfect imitator, wishing to inflict pain, were to build himself a crude idol of wood or wax, and further give it some makeshift semblance of a sentient being, his torture of the thing would be a paltry mockery indeed! But consider a succession of improvements on this practice! Consider the next sculptor, who builds a doll with a recording in its belly, that it may groan beneath his blows; consider a doll which, when beaten, begs for mercy, no longer a crude idol, but a homeostat; consider a doll that sheds tears, a doll that bleeds, a doll that fears death, though it also longs for the peace that only death can bring! Don't you see, when the imitator is perfect, so must be the imitation, and the semblance becomes the truth, the pretense a reality!
[...]
You say there's no way of knowing whether Excelsius's subjects groan, when beaten, purely because of the electrons hopping about inside - like wheels grinding out the mimicry of a voice - or whether they really groan, that is, because they honestly experience the pain? A pretty distinction, this! No, Trurl, a sufferer is not one who hands you his suffering, that you may touch it, weigh it, bite it like a coin; a sufferer is one who behaves like a sufferer! Prove to me here and now, once and for all, that they do not feel, that they do not think, that they do not in any way exist as being conscious of their enclosure between the two abysses of oblivion-the abyss before birth and the abyss that follows death-prove this to me, Trurl, and I'll leave you be! Prove that you only imitated suffering, and did not create it!
chai tea latte, September 07, 2020, 02:59:01 pm

I feel like this sort of argument is in the same vein as, like, "If you shoot doodz in a video game, it is the same as shooting actual people, because they react like people."  There's more to suffering and sentience than just responding to input in a preprogrammed way. 

Antivehicular

• she/her
  • Paid
  • ridin' high in my supervan
Female sex dolls: Beautiful women, fully articulated faces, eye movement
Male sex dolls: Gray headless torsos hanging on the wall like a meatpacking plant, will have "bionic penises" that will kill us

Awesome! Sex-positive!

Hoffgod

• Paid
More drama! If you go to the homepage for the upcoming International Love and Sex with Robots Conference and scroll down, you see this:

Looking on Archive.org, it appears this happened sometime between October 7th and November 8th. No "new web site" is linked and a few searches turned up nothing.

chai tea latte Puppy Time Lemon SHAMBA~1.SBB A Meat Phantom Creep

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
So, David Levy's name is conspicuously absent from that alphabetical list of names, leading me to assume this is a rift between Levy and Cheok.

Now I want to know more!

The only thing I do know is that this site is on the Mixed Reality Lab server, so while Cheok may have resigned from the conference, he's still hosting the website.
SHAMBA~1.SBB

Hoffgod

• Paid
Something made me remember this was a thing, so I decided to look back into it. They did eventually make a new website which was designed on Wix, as the top banner is eager to tell you. The next conference is set for August 18-20, 2021, over Zoom. The only recognizable name on the committee is David Levy. The history section says nothing of this falling out. Of the 2018 debacle, it only says "The fourth conference had been due to take place in 2018 in Montana, but had to be postponed."

Also, look at their list of keynote speakers. The shift between the first three speakers and the fourth one gave me whiplash.
SHAMBA~1.SBB

Antivehicular

• she/her
  • Paid
Also, look at their list of keynote speakers. The shift between the first three speakers and the fourth one gave me whiplash.
Hoffgod, April 21, 2021, 08:11:54 pm
A guy describing himself as "in a polyamorous relationship" with multiple sex dolls is the saddest, most hilarious thing. Does he pose them making out with each other? What am I saying? Of course he does.
Dr. Buttplug Lemon

Mix

• God's Personal Jester
  • Paid
  • ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
fun fact, that dude was on my strange addiction
Dr. Buttplug

Semantic Weeb

• Garbage Librarian
  • Paid
His realdolls have realdolls!

(the middle one tweets in Russian)

EDIT: made this to better understand their relationship:
chai tea latte Lemon
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 12:59:30 pm by Sin Bucket »

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
So I was going to make a post about Davecat's unfortunate choice in hairstyles...

...But after reading his bio I have decided that haircut is the perfect choice for someone with his life goals and general personality. It really tells you everything you need to know about him at first glance!

As a side note: I've been listening to a bunch of true crime podcasts lately and after delving into the likes of Jeffrey Dahmer and Dennis Nilsen I've sort of come to the conscious realization that, when you actually think about the logistics of someone fucking one of these things, there's not much functional difference between a RealDoll and the sort of idealized fantasy those dudes had of a dead body.
Lemon
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 03:27:11 pm by KingKalamari »

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
Gee if only someone had been sitting on a Davecat doc for quite some time...

hmmm.....

......HMMMMMMMMMMMM...........

^_^
Great Joe Semantic Weeb Salubrious Rex A Meat SHAMBA~1.SBB RoeCocoa

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
Oh shit, I know about Davecat! I remember both times I saw him on television, once on My Strange Addictions and the other time on the documentary The Mechanical Bride which you could actually buy or rent on steam for a while.
It's weird to have a realdoll fetishist that I recognise by name, not sure how I feel about that.

Antivehicular

• she/her
  • Paid
https://twitter.com/fakedyanne04/status/1382880910387912705

This one contains multitudes:
1) Another one of Davecat's doll accounts replies to this to keep trash-talking his tastes in movies. He replies to flirt with that account.
2) Multiple non-Davecat sex doll accounts reply.
3) This is the first Tweet on this account in six months.
Salubrious Rex Lemon chai tea latte SHAMBA~1.SBB RoeCocoa