Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:15:12 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 98: Can't Say I Approve Of Your Methods, Mister Holmes  (Read 55004 times)

Delcat

• Paid
I watched the first episode and I like it a lot!  There's certainly a lot there for the slashers to work with, which I honestly think beats the alternative in a fandom--better to have some reason to what people are gonna do anyway than have them invent their own.  Moffat knows who he's pitching to.

transatlanticalien

• Paid
Semi-related but related to the relative batshit-ness of Sherlocks:

I follow the guy on tumblr who made this text post which ended up accumulating over 9000 notes:
why do people complain about a woman playing watson on elementary when a terrifying alien plays sherlock in sherlock

and the responses from angry fans, holy shit. Calling him a piece of shit, saying how much things like that could hurt Cumberbatch's poor feelings (I'm pretty sure he can dry his tears with wads of bills if he felt the need), but this
this was the absolute best response

I might be reading in a bit much, but the Sherlock in the BBC series is probably the most obviously autistic Sherlock in modern remakes, at least. By describing him as an alien, you are only serving to dehumanized autistics and stigmatize behaviors that are typically related.
So, um, shove it up your butt.

jesus christ, tumblr

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian
Semi-related but related to the relative batshit-ness of Sherlocks:

I follow the guy on tumblr who made this text post which ended up accumulating over 9000 notes:
why do people complain about a woman playing watson on elementary when a terrifying alien plays sherlock in sherlock

and the responses from angry fans, holy shit. Calling him a piece of shit, saying how much things like that could hurt Cumberbatch's poor feelings (I'm pretty sure he can dry his tears with wads of bills if he felt the need), but this
this was the absolute best response

I might be reading in a bit much, but the Sherlock in the BBC series is probably the most obviously autistic Sherlock in modern remakes, at least. By describing him as an alien, you are only serving to dehumanized autistics and stigmatize behaviors that are typically related.
So, um, shove it up your butt.

jesus christ, tumblr
transatlanticalien, April 18, 2013, 03:00:20 am

The funny thing about that response is I'm 99% sure they were referring to his appearance, not his behavior, and the offended commenter completely missed the point. But now I'm really tempted to make some silly comment about Cucumberpatch and watch people lose their shit.

transatlanticalien

• Paid
Yeah yeah it was a joke about his appearance which got more than enough crazy responses from people who actually got it
but then this bizarre accusation of YOU HATE AUTISTIC PEOPLE just came completely out of left field

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
Nothing say 'positive representation of an autistic' like the Queen Alien shooting up a wall in an apartment building because he's bored.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
Excuse me, he's not an alien. That is clearly someone fucking up the character generation for a High Elf in Oblivion.

Delcat

• Paid
If tumblr was a Pokémon, its defining attack move would be "Accuse of Ableism".
Al, April 18, 2013, 09:38:32 am

Be realistic.  If Tumblr was a Pokemon, it'd be a pair of Metapods Hardening at each other for all eternity.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
People, people. Isn't it obvious what Pokemon Tumblr is most like?

Magikarp used Rhetoric!

But nothing happened.
strifeheart

nilvoid

• FUCK COMPOSE FUCK MELODY
  • Paid
  • DEDICATED TO NO ONE THANKS TO NO ONE ART IS OVER
oh nooooo

oh noooooooo

transatlanticalien

• Paid

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
Welp, color me terrified.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
Man, the last time I rolled over and Benedict Cumberbatch was lying next to me, it turned out to be a nightmare.

Delcat

• Paid
Okay this has been bothering me for a while so I'll take this opportunity to ask WHO THE FUCK MAKES CUSTOM HUGPILLOWS

WHO

IS THERE A FUCKING ZAZZLE OPTION FOR THIS WHO THE FUCK IS PRINTING THESE

ETA: I want one printed with another pillow for maximum comfiness don't judge

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian

ETA: I want one printed with another pillow for maximum comfiness don't judge
Delcat, April 28, 2013, 10:39:06 pm

But will the pillow printed on the pillow be blushing, skimpily-dressed, looking at you with sultry eyes? That part is very important (apparently).

Delcat

• Paid
No, fully dressed in a pillowcase.  Naked pillows are all gross and sweaty.

...am...am I apillowsexual?