Snakes In The Ball Pit > Announcements

ballp.it Changelog

<< < (24/31) > >>

Lemon:
Boots just noticed that ballp.it had a Forum Profile field of "Gender", with two options.

That field has been removed.

Lemon:
If the text up there doesn't say "Reply #Whatever", it worked!

Edit:Yay! It worked! Alright, so, I've been changing around the layout of the thread view a bit, one of the things I wanted to touch was the duplicate content in just listing that thread title over and over again. So:

* If it's the first post, it will display the title of the thread.
* If it's a reply, but the subject was changed by the poster, it will display the subject they changed it to.
* Otherwise, it will show "Reply #XXX"
Regardless, the active link is still a direct link to the post itself.

Victor Laszlo:
If the text up there doesn't say "Reply #Whatever", it worked!

Edit:Yay! It worked! Alright, so, I've been changing around the layout of the thread view a bit, one of the things I wanted to touch was the duplicate content in just listing that thread title over and over again. So:

* If it's the first post, it will display the title of the thread.
* If it's a reply, but the subject was changed by the poster, it will display the subject they changed it to.
* Otherwise, it will show "Reply #XXX"
Regardless, the active link is still a direct link to the post itself.
Lemon, January 11, 2019, 01:40:20 pm
--- End quote ---

I might be completely alone on this, but I appreciated the repeating thread title.  When I come here I usually go to the new posts page and middle click all the ones I feel like reading, giving me several open tabs.  Without the thread titles it's sometimes quite difficult to tell which forum I'm in - is someone saying something goofy in a thread for complaining, or quoting someone goofy in internet.txt?  Now I have to look up to the tab bar to reorient myself each time, when before I didn't have to.  Thread title might be redundant information, but it's information that I use, whereas "reply #1107" doesn't help me at all.

Frank West:
I'm with victor here, actually.

Ambious:
I'm with victor here, actually.
Frank West, January 15, 2019, 04:19:44 pm
--- End quote ---

Same here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version