Snakes In The Ball Pit > Announcements

ballp.it Changelog

<< < (2/31) > >>

montrith:
Can we rename this section of the forum "Lemon playing by himself"?

Lemon:
We're a lot closer to a cohesive look tonite. It should be no secret that I'm completely aping (or stealing, depending on how you define things) a number of aspects of Google's design scheme. Specifically the color palette. Going forward, the icons are supposed to be...

* Action
* Information
* Navigation
Or at least that's the idea. There's plenty of stuff left to do, but I think the left and right sides of the thread view are a lot less cluttered and hopefully are getting out of the way of post readin'

(Also I've renamed this thread.)

Emperor Jack Chick:
I feel this is more of a changeblog than a changelog. Thanks!

Lemon:
A smattering of small changes made. Nothing that's particularly attention grabbing, but just a little more consistency across the board.

I spent about 40 minutes today trying to figure out how to convey the command "Mark As Unread" graphically. Most efforts use an envelope, which is crap. So far my best solution is "Eye With Cataracts", which I think gets the point across. But, I don't have the whole set ready, so it's gonna wait.

Lemon:
Shit I did today

* Google monster cockytics
* New icons for Forum Stats, Users Online & Expand/Collapse (front page)
* Entire Quick Reply section removed.
* General background color of site changed from #fff (full white) to #f9f9f9 (what we call a "hussy white")
* New icon for recent posts
* Fixed indicator icon on top of polls page.
* ballp.it no longer will add the "Re:" prefix to every post reply you write. All posts written before their change will retain their "Re:" prefix, as a reminder to us all about what a stupid convention that is.
* Author block, (that is, that shit over to the left of what I'm writing) now contains a Steam icon for those people who've entered a Steam ID. Curiously, this was the most laborious change of the night, and also the most overlookable, so please pay a second's attention to those 16 pixels or I'll start thinking I wasted my time on that.
And now, for a secret: There's an emote that looks like a Paula Deen recipe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version