Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:59:39 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 313: The Suicide Banquet  (Read 14642 times)

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
313: The Suicide Banquet #15
fun fact: spirulina is actually made out of a kind of cyanobacteria, not an algae, but it isn't made out of the cyanobacteria called spirulina, due to a naming fuckup from a hundred years ago that wasn't fixed until after they started selling it

Seth "Slimy" Rollins

• I Waterboard Clowns For A Living And I Fucked Up Real Bad
  • Paid
  • ratfucking ourselves into oblivion
313: The Suicide Banquet #16
holy shit the short cuts on frank west's segment were such a good detail. it worked so well, was hard to keep my compusure at work when i noticed what was happening
chai tea latte Lemon Wrought Dr. Buttplug

Neal

313: The Suicide Banquet #17
holy shit the short cuts on frank west's segment were such a good detail. it worked so well, was hard to keep my compusure at work when i noticed what was happening
Seth "Slimy" Rollins, November 07, 2019, 11:53:39 am

Fun fact: in the Podcast Addict app, there's a setting that will play every podcast like that.

Ugly In The Morning

• Paid
313: The Suicide Banquet #18
Seth "Slimy" Rollins, November 07, 2019, 11:53:39 am

Fun fact: in the Podcast Addict app, there's a setting that will play every podcast like that.
Neal, November 07, 2019, 12:45:10 pm

Is that for the people that listen to Jordan Peterson at double speed or is there an audience for that feature that isn't F Plus bait?

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
313: The Suicide Banquet #19

Is that for the people that listen to Jordan Peterson at double speed or is there an audience for that feature that isn't F Plus bait?
Ugly In The Morning, November 07, 2019, 01:27:53 pm
self-important "efficiency" "life hackers"
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Ugly In The Morning

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
313: The Suicide Banquet #20
chai tea latte, November 07, 2019, 01:30:44 pm

I have a friend that told me she listens to my podcast at double speed. I'd prefer that she doesn't listen to it at all. That's not how comedy works.
chai tea latte Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Ugly In The Morning Lemon Adam Bozarth Turtle

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
313: The Suicide Banquet #21
EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE FROM BUNNYBREAD'S DESCENT INTO HOG ADDICTION HE DOESN'T WANT YOU TO SEE!

John Toast

• The original Fat Voice™
  • Ridiculist
  • Cover me in syrup. I'm delicious.
313: The Suicide Banquet #22
This episode was an absolute delight. Thank you Neal for the doc and to Lemon for not only editing it, but also using my bread glop as the lead photo on this thread!
I made a Google doc of my experience making my dish that I shared with the room. Here is that article, freshly remade in non-doc form (with tiny pictures, because I couldn't figure out how to make them bigger):

So, for the most recent recording we did about making terrible food, I had three choices:

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Overnight-French-Toast
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-French-Toast-Martini
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Tofu-French-Toast

As tempting as all of those sound, I suspected that the overnight option would just lead to me discovering a pan of bread mush in the morning, and I didn’t want to buy a bunch of liqueurs I would never touch again for a joke martini. So, tofu it is!
For those of you who didn’t want to follow a Wikihow link (shame on you), here are the ingredients:

4 slices whole-wheat bread
1/2 pound soft tofu
1/4 cup (60 mL) soy milk or rice milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup (60 mL) water
1 tablespoon soy margarine

In true AllRecipes fashion I subbed in regular margarine for soy margarine because a) I already had it and b) fuck you if you think I’m hunting down soy margarine for this abomination.
So! I gathered all the ingredients in a bowl and dusted off my immersion blender and mixed them up! I will say “shame on me” now, because I didn’t get a picture of the ingredients in the bowl pre-blend, but here’s the slurry I ended up with:

Now let’s put it in a “pan” and soak a piece of bread!

Now to fry it! I did make another substitution and just used white bread because I already had it. Because I’m American. We have to have some. It’s the law!

Okay, in the actual pan! Doesn’t look amazing yet, but just wait until it browns!

I...hmm. I admit that I haven’t ever made ACTUAL French toast. So I’m not sure if it should look like this while cooking. But it’s turning all mushy...maybe I shouldn’t leave the next two slices in the “egg batter” mixture for so long.

One of the ones I left soaking for less time. Hmm. Seems about the same!

So there it is! I included a piece of margarine that accidentally fell into the tofu-goop and some of the crusty leavings in the pan that I scraped off!

How does it taste? Well, you’ll have to listen to the episode to find out! Because I don’t even know yet! I’m going to eat it then! God help me!

And now you know how it tasted to me! Or, you know, you haven't listened to the episode yet and you don't know. In which case, get to listenin'.

Epilogue: A week after the recording, I still had the "pan" of hate-smoothie that was the "egg batter" in my fridge, hoping that I may find some possible use for this "food". I eventually ended up putting it in a "trash bag" and "throwing it the fuck out".
One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes Wyst Dr. Buttplug Ugly In The Morning

Neal

313: The Suicide Banquet #23

I have a friend that told me she listens to my podcast at double speed. I'd prefer that she doesn't listen to it at all. That's not how comedy works.
Boots Raingear, November 07, 2019, 01:32:32 pm

I would suggest listening to a Kumquatxop reading sped up to double-time.

Ugly In The Morning

• Paid
313: The Suicide Banquet #24

Ugly In The Morning, November 07, 2019, 01:27:53 pm
Didn’t one of the people in the NEET episode listen to double time podcasts?

KendrickLobstar

• Paid
  • 69 year old father to a bunch of shit goth sons
313: The Suicide Banquet #25
There’s a reason podcasting  is not a visual medium

Spenny

• coolest guy
  • Paid
  • piss itself
313: The Suicide Banquet #26
I want to thank all involved in this episode for introducing me to Letterkenny. I've spent all Saturday watching it.
Ugly In The Morning chai tea latte

JamEngulfer

• Paid
313: The Suicide Banquet #27
This episode was amazing! I think everyone's reactions really made it.

Also I think Toast's segment might be the first instance of jam being consumed on the podcast...

Sauce

• Common-gender prole
  • Paid
  • Screw it, I'll go with they/them
313: The Suicide Banquet #28
Finally got around to listening to this and it's gold. Victor's segment reminds me of something that happened to my fiancée though.

She did a module on autism at the University of Puerto Rico, and apparently one lecturer was a believer in certain pseudoscience... to the extent that they handed out copies of the Wakefield "study" as course material, telling everyone to just ignore the fact that it had RETRACTED stamped across the whole thing in red block capitals.