Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:41:14 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: TV we've been watching lately  (Read 145984 times)

Ambious

TV we've been watching lately #360
Love, Death & Robots is just a lot of interesting and different animation techniques wasted on Reddit-level writing. Such a shame.
Ambious, March 23, 2019, 11:33:01 am

Some episodes are pretty good, but when it gets bad, it gets bad. "Three Robots" was painful.

"Suits" is my favorite so far.
Spenny, March 26, 2019, 12:03:12 am

Also apparently Netflix randomizes episode order for each person? I stopped watching after a few episodes, but maybe a different order would have paced it better for me?

ETA: Decided to give it another go. Watched "Good Hunting", the steampunk furry one, and actually really liked it? I also really liked the one with the sentient yogurt.
I didn't like "Suits". It felt like it was trying too hard - but I guess you could say that about all of them? I find it really hard to define what I like and don't like about this show. Some of it clicks really well, and some of it doesn't click at all.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 03:46:11 pm by Ambious »

Mr. Hunky Academia

• MUSCLE HEDONIST
  • Paid
  • The only thing I'm good at is go away
TV we've been watching lately #361
Love, Death & Robots is just a lot of interesting and different animation techniques wasted on Reddit-level writing. Such a shame.
Ambious, March 23, 2019, 11:33:01 am

I have now powered through it and have some thoughts. However, instead of writing them down I'd rather just re-watch the animatrix instead.

Spenny

• coolest guy
  • Paid
  • piss itself
TV we've been watching lately #362
Finished it today, too. I think very selectively watching 3, maybe 4 of these total might make an enjoyable viewing experience. Unfortunately, there's a really disgusting amount of sexual violence.

I started writing more here, but I suddenly realized Mr Hunky is right. There's definitely thoughts in my head, but it just doesn't seem worth writing any of them down. I just wish there was a bigger market for animated content "for adults" but not necessarily meaning it's about robots that say "fuck" and a redneck getting his dick slopped by a trash monster.
Mr. Hunky Academia

Mr. Hunky Academia

• MUSCLE HEDONIST
  • Paid
  • The only thing I'm good at is go away
TV we've been watching lately #363
Disappointed by the fact that the Barbapapa tv series didn't produce any fetish weirdos (other than me of course). Just look at this!

Lemon

Mix

• God's Personal Jester
  • Paid
  • ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
TV we've been watching lately #364
"spotify premium now comes with hulu access so you have that now"
oh cool
"this means you now have access to basically an entire back archive of all of those HGTV house flip/home renovation shows you can watch at will"
oh no
beelzeboob Lemon

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
TV we've been watching lately #365
I'm watching Riverdale. I don't think I've ever seen anything that is so conceptually ridiculous be even MORE ridiculous in practice

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
TV we've been watching lately #366
Got around to finishing Punisher Season 2 finally. It starts off real weak, completely lacking focus. Three or four plotlines intersect in an almost nonsensical manner and the action scenes are kind of dull at the midpoint. Fortunately they wrap everything up by the end and find a way to make it work. The last few episodes had some good shootouts. Ben Barnes made a stand out performance here and I hope this is a springboard for his career.

So if you want your Punisher fix and don't care about getting every little detail of plot maybe skip to episode 4 or 5.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 05:48:21 pm by Dr. Buttplug »

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
TV we've been watching lately #367
Don't know if there's a sci-fi show better than ds9 won't be taking constructive criticism about this post
chai tea latte sambair

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
TV we've been watching lately #368
Don't know if there's a sci-fi show better than ds9 won't be taking constructive criticism about this post
AgentCoop, April 30, 2019, 05:20:31 pm
this but Babylon 5
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #369
Tuca and Bertie is absolutely delightful, and everyone should watch it if only to encourage more female-written and female-focused shows like it. Apparently it's only the first or maybe second woman-helmed adult-focused cartoon that's actually gotten a full and well-publicized season, which is insane, but I can't think of a better standard-bearer if it manages to improve the genre.

Given that, though, it feels a little weird that the thing I'd most congratulate it for outside of that is how well they did the male lead. But I actually think that factors in a little more than first seems, because Speckle's role is very much what's typically a female role in other shows: The balanced, level-headed person that acts to tell the main characters that they're Wrong And Bad (basically, the wife character in... literally anything I can think of that has 'the wife character'). But they remember to make sure he's always got a pretty good point, and that he's a pretty fun character to have in a scene no matter what he's doing--mostly just by having the most fun they can with making him a really boring guy.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #370
Killing Eve is good as hell and I keep rubbing my grubby little gay hands all over it. Does it feel like it was made just for me? Can Sandra Oh do no wrong? Is it the best spy tv show I've seen in forever? Yes on all counts
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop RoeCocoa
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 01:15:37 pm by chai tea latte »

Carbon

• Paid
  • Can wink with both eyes at once
TV we've been watching lately #371
I'm finding what we do in the shadows extremely funny

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
TV we've been watching lately #372
Tuca and Bertie is absolutely delightful, and everyone should watch it if only to encourage more female-written and female-focused shows like it. Apparently it's only the first or maybe second woman-helmed adult-focused cartoon that's actually gotten a full and well-publicized season, which is insane, but I can't think of a better standard-bearer if it manages to improve the genre.

Given that, though, it feels a little weird that the thing I'd most congratulate it for outside of that is how well they did the male lead. But I actually think that factors in a little more than first seems, because Speckle's role is very much what's typically a female role in other shows: The balanced, level-headed person that acts to tell the main characters that they're Wrong And Bad (basically, the wife character in... literally anything I can think of that has 'the wife character'). But they remember to make sure he's always got a pretty good point, and that he's a pretty fun character to have in a scene no matter what he's doing--mostly just by having the most fun they can with making him a really boring guy.
Cleretic, May 12, 2019, 04:47:05 am

Did someone just mention Speckle?

Tuca and Bertie is an absolute delight and I want every single movement every character makes turned into a looping animated GIF.
Cleretic

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
TV we've been watching lately #373
So the new Ducktales reboot just did a huge tribute episode to Darkwing Duck and, as Darkwing was one of the first shows I ever gave a shit about, I am giddy as a five year old. Sadly they have not yet explored the white hot sexual tension between Darkwing and Negaduck that was apparently in the original.

chai tea latte

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #374
S2 killing eve

I can't decide if I want to be Villanelle or marry her