Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:57:41 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Lady Thread 2: Girlectric Boogaloo  (Read 32283 times)

Avian

• An Birb
  • Paid
  • [distorted squawking]
Lady Thread 2: Girlectric Boogaloo #15
I want to get out more this summer and enjoy the public parks and do some building drawings. Is there any good way to get people to stop talking to me?

In the same vein, is there a good, high power sunscreen that isn't super greasy, or is it just a matter of washing your face once getting back home?
Sanguinary Novel, June 02, 2017, 01:20:16 pm

You've probably already thought of this, but headphones usually help. Even if you're not listening to anything. If people still talk to you, you can just pretend you don't hear them

Eider Duck

• Eats nothing but mussels
  • Paid
  • And has weird corkscrew genitals
Lady Thread 2: Girlectric Boogaloo #16
I'm in the market for a new exfoliating scrub type deal. What are y'all's favorites?

Also considering just making my own
Avian, June 02, 2017, 09:58:53 am

I like the Simple range. I have dry skin, so alot of products make my face feel like it's about to peel off when applied, but the Simple face wash is gentle enough on my face for me to use whenever I shower. Their moisturisers are also good

I want to get out more this summer and enjoy the public parks and do some building drawings. Is there any good way to get people to stop talking to me?

In the same vein, is there a good, high power sunscreen that isn't super greasy, or is it just a matter of washing your face once getting back home?
Sanguinary Novel, June 02, 2017, 01:20:16 pm

I think you'll do just fine wearing sunglasses and a hat. People don't usually approach total strangers unless there's a reason for doing so.

Also, how high power are we talking? I use factor 15, but then again, I like to cover up and and stay in the shade. Sunscreen can only do so much.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Lady Thread 2: Girlectric Boogaloo #17
Also asking what factor you need? If I'm not gonna be in direct sunlight for long I just use the daycream I already talked about, since it has a SPF of 15 and isn't oily.

https://www.amazon.com/Lumene-Bright-Vitamin-Moisturizer-Fluid/dp/B004GHBEDK/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_194_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3SHZ3SHFG86BMJ12F681

This one.

For facial scrubs and stuff I like Freeman cosmetics. They're not tested on animals and work pretty well in my opinion. I mostly use their masks (haven't really tried the scrubs) but I've got nothing to complain about those. What's your skin type? It would be easier to recommend a product with more details.

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Lady Thread 2: Girlectric Boogaloo #18
I'm probably overthinking it and should just wear a dang hat. This medication I'm on makes me redhead levels of sensitive to the sun, so now I'm all paranoid.

With a hat, sunglasses, headphones, and now blue hair, I'm hoping people instinctively avoid me.

Blandest

• Paid
  • Help! Cannot see! Can only smell!
Lady Thread 2: Girlectric Boogaloo #19
I'm probably overthinking it and should just wear a dang hat. This medication I'm on makes me redhead levels of sensitive to the sun, so now I'm all paranoid.

With a hat, sunglasses, headphones, and now blue hair, I'm hoping people instinctively avoid me.
Sanguinary Novel, June 04, 2017, 02:50:56 pm

If you are going to be in the sun for any period then use sunscreen. Not sure about where you are from but in Australia it is the leading cause of cancer and is not that hard to avoid. A hat and sunglasses really won't cut it in terms of preventing cancer.

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Lady Thread 2: Girlectric Boogaloo #20
I'm sorry I clogging up the girl thread, but dammit, I went to Target to get a PS4 and the dude asked me if it was my first PlayStation and what games I played. The game stop episodes and the internet probably have me oversensitive, but c'mon son.

Edit: yeah, I just being a touch oversensitive.  At least he didn't ask who I was buying it for.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 05:32:40 pm by Sanguinary Novel »

Eider Duck

• Eats nothing but mussels
  • Paid
  • And has weird corkscrew genitals
Lady Thread 2: Girlectric Boogaloo #21

Sanguinary Novel, June 04, 2017, 02:50:56 pm

Blue hair? Niiice! My hair was blue as well for a while, and I loved it, but it's hard to maintain without constantly redoing the roots. And the dye molecules never truly leave the hair, which I discovered the hard way when trying to dye my hair a different colour afterwards. 

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
Lady Thread 2: Girlectric Boogaloo #22
Hello, I'm whining about women's fashions!

Why doesn't anyone make fucking summer blouses/shirts with sleeves? All I want is a light fabric shirt with at least some sleeve in it. I've got vitiligo, which is especially prominent in my arms, which means I fucking need something between me and the sun to protect my "Absolutely will burn and not tan" skin. I guess I have to come to terms with being sweaty the whole summer, since I can't wear anything without at least a quarter sleeve.

Also today I saw a kickass Princess Leia T-shirt but they only had S sizes left, which made me very sad.

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Lady Thread 2: Girlectric Boogaloo #23
If you can fit China sizes, AliExpress has a lot of button up blouses with long sleeves. The clothing is a little thin and selection a touch strange, but cheap as hell.
chai tea latte

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
Lady Thread 2: Girlectric Boogaloo #24
If you can fit China sizes, AliExpress has a lot of button up blouses with long sleeves. The clothing is a little thin and selection a touch strange, but cheap as hell.
Sanguinary Novel, June 07, 2017, 10:43:04 am

I think the chances of me (an almost 6 ft, heavy-set Finnish woman with an F-cup bust) fitting China sizes are pretty close to zero, but thanks for the tip anyway.

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Lady Thread 2: Girlectric Boogaloo #25
Sanguinary Novel, June 07, 2017, 10:43:04 am

I think the chances of me (an almost 6 ft, heavy-set Finnish woman with an F-cup bust) fitting China sizes are pretty close to zero, but thanks for the tip anyway.
montrith, June 07, 2017, 05:32:18 pm

Montrith IRL

lazzer grardaion? Runic Eider Duck Shell Game

Peartee

• Paid
  • "Welp"
Lady Thread 2: Girlectric Boogaloo #26
Montrith, I've purchased my long sleeve summer flowy shirts from Helsinki's various Lindex and H&M mostly. I think Stockman and Sokos have a larger selection of the more classical shirts but I usually only buy from there on sales of something like 70%.
Also I've noticed many 2nd hand stores especially Fida's having a larger selection of long sleeved shirts even though they are usually very 80's-90's.
Edit: Spellcheck v2
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 05:43:59 pm by Peartee »

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
Lady Thread 2: Girlectric Boogaloo #27
Usually I avoid H&M because of a long series of purchases that were extremely crap, had buttons come off within days of purchase etc. Stockmann and Sokos might be a bit too expensive in my current financial situation, but if I can find a Lindex I'll take a look. I did manage to find one nice shirt from KappAhl, the last one in my size too!

Also while I'm flattered, I must inform everyone that Samus is actually much closer to my little sister in physique than me. Seriously, now that I think about it, she could pretty much play Samus in any movie without even needing much makeup or CGI.

bubbleuj

• Paid
Lady Thread 2: Girlectric Boogaloo #28
I got a job at like a department store and everyone I directly work with is a lady.

It's just the most time I've spent with just other women since like highschool. We talk about nail polish and periods. It's pretty cool.

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Lady Thread 2: Girlectric Boogaloo #29

Thanks for looking out for my vagina in more than one way, Meijer.
Ashto Eider Duck