Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:49:53 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Best introductory episode?  (Read 10922 times)

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
Best introductory episode?
I have a friend who is starting to catch the atrocity tourist bug, and I want to introduce her to the podcast. What episode would you suggest?

Digital Walnut

• The Carl Icahn of nuzzling
  • Paid
  • Source(s): meee~ nyaa~ :3
Best introductory episode? #1
Wikihow and question/answer site episodes seem like a good entry point for a new listener. They're based on something that your friend has probably stumbled across at one point or another and they usually cover a variety of themes that The F Plus routinely explores.

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
Best introductory episode? #2
I think episodes that have a focus on one crazy person are really good intros, because we get into what makes that one person really crazy, and it doesn't require a larger "knowledge of internet crazy". It also lets a new listener get deep into the crazy without being overwhelmed, since it's a focus on just one person.

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
Best introductory episode? #3
I have a friend who is starting to catch the atrocity tourist bug, and I want to introduce her to the podcast. What episode would you suggest?
FattyBoBatty, February 20, 2016, 09:50:11 pm

What atrocities does she particularly enjoy touring?

Like, if she really, really hates MRAs I'd start with the Roosh V episode.
Is she into making fun of woo and hippie alternative medical bullshit? Pyradyne or Joan Ocean.
Weird fetishes? The breast inflation and watch fetish episodes are weird without being gutwrenching.
Internet nonsense in general? [orbison] + [clingfilm].

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
Best introductory episode? #4
If she's already aware of weird internet fetish stuff, The F List might be a fun one. To me, it's so over the top that it's just as funny as it is gross, and besides it's a great episode in general!
Yavuz

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
Best introductory episode? #5
I'd say depending on what level of insanity/grossness she's okay with, pick something tangentially related to her interests. For example, I got a friend of mine into the podcast by showing her the MRA episode. She was so delighted by how those idiots got ripped apart that she actually paused the episode and texted one of her other friends to tell them to listen to it, which gave me the warm fuzzies.
Bodark

Dawnswalker

• Paid
Best introductory episode? #6
Wikihow episodes are my favourite episodes because they end up all over the Internet Spectrum, without lingering too long on the grossest bits (courtesy pee.) That can be important if your friend needs to start out gently.

If you just want to throw them into the deep end, lock them in a dark room with the Monster Girl Wiki episode.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Best introductory episode? #7
I was going to make a list but I realized like half of the episodes would be on it.

Just figure out what sorts of atrocity tourism your friend has liked so far and the F Plus has probably done something like that.  Or if you want, dump something all-around fun on them like any of the Q-and-A episodes, bad fanfic, or the water episode.

LINDA

• the 49th unbreakable gstring
  • Paid
Best introductory episode? #8
Dick bugs

Bodark

• Joan Ocean's #1 Fansquatch
  • Paid
  • I'm real and I tried to suck your dick.
Best introductory episode? #9
eudo actually started me on the adult baby episode, I think.

If you survive that one, you can keep going, because most of the others aren't nearly as horrible. It's a good litmus test.

Ashto

• Paid
  • I don't even know anymore
Best introductory episode? #10
If you think she can handle being thrown into the deep end, then go with either the body mod episode, or the one based on monster girl wiki. Otherwise, you can't really go wrong with the first Wikihow episode. I would even make an argument for going with the Juggalo episode from way back, but you may want her to acclimate to the new show format first.

LINDA

• the 49th unbreakable gstring
  • Paid
Best introductory episode? #11
eudo actually started me on the adult baby episode, I thinkBodark, February 21, 2016, 12:11:15 am

I've started 10+ people on adult babies

Something about juicy dickgirl sissies just brings people together
Ashto Bodark

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
Best introductory episode? #12
I usually say food or audiophiles, but I'm thinking Kadir-Buxton might be pretty good. It's not too disgusting, but it's got some weird sex, as well as some wikihow and a lot of good pure crazy.

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
Best introductory episode? #13
I'd actually recommend an episode based off of someone's interest if they're already ankle-deep into weird internet culture, but I always use the Wikihow and cooking episodes as introductions to people who aren't actively aware of weird shit on the Internet.

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
Best introductory episode? #14
Here's a partially related question: how does this even come up in conversation? Maybe I just don't have the sort of friends who might be interested in this, but I absolutely cannot imagine saying "hey, I think you'd like this podcast about dickbugs." I've recommended it once to someone who I was talking about audiophiles to, but if someone doesn't already have an interest in weird internet shit, I can't imagine bringing it up.