Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 09:31:44 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Languages Thread: I like words.  (Read 24112 times)

Fanzay

• Failson Prime
  • Paid
  • Turned on is the wrong word
Languages Thread: I like words. #30
I have to learn Greek because I want to study the Balkans in modern history for grad school.  Is Modern Greek hard?  How does it compare to Ancient Greek?  My other option is to become a Byzantinist and that required two years of hard Ancient Greek and Latin study, which would take up most of my time over the next two years.  Do any of you have any experience with Greek?
Smoking Crow, February 16, 2014, 08:57:08 pm

"Malakas" (mah-lahk-ahs) means "wanker", and that's all you need. No, really.
That's all the Greek I know at this point, I have forgotten almost everything I know. Not that I was ever any skilled in Greek beyond tourist-level.

Languages I know in descending order of competence: Norwegian, English, Swedish, Danish, French, German, Glorious Nipponese, Russian (I can't read it at all, Cyrillic is too far out). Note that my level of competence with German, Japanese and Russian is limited to stock phrases.

Edit: Wow, these are some shitty sentences! Don't write while you're tired, self.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:32:34 pm by Fanzay »

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
Languages Thread: I like words. #31
I think you remembered the important part of Greek.