Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:36:48 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

What's your favorite F Plus topic?

Crazy and physically impossible fetishes
45 (12%)
Creepy and gross fetishes
24 (6.4%)
Weirdo subcultures and broken people in general
47 (12.6%)
Stupid people
39 (10.4%)
People with terrible views (including PUAs)
23 (6.1%)
Support groups
5 (1.3%)
Pseudoscience and hippie bullshit
33 (8.8%)
Teenagers being teenagers
18 (4.8%)
Nerds
16 (4.3%)
"Social justice"
14 (3.7%)
Poetry and literature
20 (5.3%)
People who are legitimately crazy (including conspiracy theorists)
40 (10.7%)
Food
26 (7%)
Dating websites for the poorly socialized
15 (4%)
Drugs, maaaaan
9 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Topic: What's your favorite type of episode?  (Read 26697 times)

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
What's your favorite type of episode? #30
I've got to agree that while PUAs are funny, MRAs are exhausting unless you meticulously mine for the most absurd and least infuriating stuff.  MRA at its core is a topic about terrible people, while PUA at its core is about idiotic people.  They both think women are garbage, and there's some terrible idiots out there who are into both, but PUAs are in a category alongside hypnosis people and people who think they can summon chi energy.
EYE OF ZA, February 27, 2015, 01:57:01 pm

See, I have the opposite view.  To me, PUAs are scum.  At least MRAs think they are helping others.  PUAs are just in it for themselves, and their tactics of mentally breaking down women are disgusting.

Cat Planet

• Autosexual Lithromantic
  • Paid
What's your favorite type of episode? #31
I've got to agree that while PUAs are funny, MRAs are exhausting unless you meticulously mine for the most absurd and least infuriating stuff.  MRA at its core is a topic about terrible people, while PUA at its core is about idiotic people.  They both think women are garbage, and there's some terrible idiots out there who are into both, but PUAs are in a category alongside hypnosis people and people who think they can summon chi energy.

See, I have the opposite view.  To me, PUAs are scum.  At least MRAs think they are helping others.  PUAs are just in it for themselves, and their tactics of mentally breaking down women are disgusting.
Smoking Crow, February 27, 2015, 02:10:37 pm

I don't want to really derail, but who is worse - a person who does shitty things and everyone knows it, or a person who covers up their shitty deeds with a supposedly noble cause? Same reason I hate Christian fundamentalists more than Neo-Nazis - everyone knows that the Nazis are shitheads.

Oh, and they do think they are helping people, they are helping AFCs and beta schlubs get out of that friendzone, throw off the shackles of our feminizing society and full close that 9 after breaking her bitch shield and last minute resistance. It's all marketed as "dating advice for men". And I disagree with the claim that it doesn't work like hypnosis - it does, there are plenty of women with issues and low self esteem.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:27:34 pm by Cat Planet »

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
What's your favorite type of episode? #32

Smoking Crow, February 27, 2015, 02:10:37 pm

I don't want to really derail, but who is worse - a person who does shitty things and everyone knows it, or a person who covers up their shitty deeds with a supposedly noble cause? Same reason I hate Christian fundamentalists more than Neo-Nazis - everyone knows that the Nazis are shitheads.

Oh, and they do think they are helping people, they are helping AFCs and beta schlubs get out of that friendzone, throw off the shackles of our feminizing society and full close that 9 after breaking her bitch shield and last minute resistance. It's all marketed as "dating advice for men". And I disagree with the claim that it doesn't work like hypnosis - it does, there are plenty of women with issues and low self esteem.
Cat Planet, February 27, 2015, 02:19:04 pm

Tbh, it probably has to do with my own personal history

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
What's your favorite type of episode? #33
I'm lucky enough to be male and not have to deal with either too much, but every time I hear PUAs, I can't help but imagine how shitty it would be to have to deal with dudes negging you, comparing notes and treating you like some fucking raid boss. It's shitty to treat anyone like they're not an actual person, and whether the subject is a terrible person or a stupid one, they're still hounding people and trying to make them feel somehow lesser. It's worse if you're conscious of the idea that you're hurting people and doing it any way, but whatever the intention, the end result is the same.

Even distilled down to a doc and then an hour of terrible things read with enthusiasm, I felt like neither the PUAs nor the MRAs had enough absurdity within them to counteract the level to which the material itself just made me angry. The readers do a pretty good job either way, but if I'm getting pissed off and listening to other people getting pissed off, it makes for a less fun experience. I much prefer when the terrible describes spelling, storytelling or the reasoning abilities of someone who thinks it's a good idea to put tacos in a bag.
Nifty Nif

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
What's your favorite type of episode? #34
My favorite is definitely the Teenager episodes because so much of the stuff from those websites is stuff that I could have seen myself saying even like... two years ago. The School Survival and TV Tropes episodes in particular, because I was a giant baby AND a giant nerd. If I ever made an F Plus doc that's definitely the kind of shit I'd put in it. It's important to make fun of Teenagers. For growth. For progress. For the Teens.

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
What's your favorite type of episode? #35
I'm lucky enough to be male and not have to deal with either too much, but every time I hear PUAs, I can't help but imagine how shitty it would be to have to deal with dudes negging you, comparing notes and treating you like some fucking raid boss. It's shitty to treat anyone like they're not an actual person, and whether the subject is a terrible person or a stupid one, they're still hounding people and trying to make them feel somehow lesser. It's worse if you're conscious of the idea that you're hurting people and doing it any way, but whatever the intention, the end result is the same.

Even distilled down to a doc and then an hour of terrible things read with enthusiasm, I felt like neither the PUAs nor the MRAs had enough absurdity within them to counteract the level to which the material itself just made me angry. The readers do a pretty good job either way, but if I'm getting pissed off and listening to other people getting pissed off, it makes for a less fun experience. I much prefer when the terrible describes spelling, storytelling or the reasoning abilities of someone who thinks it's a good idea to put tacos in a bag.
moooo566, February 27, 2015, 03:13:07 pm

Two things: I love when in the MRA episode everyone is silently fuming and Portax just goes "Is this how a toilet works?"  And, I have had taco in a bag.  It was a a high school football game in a coal mining town

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
  • AND THEN THEY'LL HAVE A DONKEY HEAD!
What's your favorite type of episode? #36

Yeah, in retrospect, I think the main thing I liked about the MRA eps was the thing I like about a lot of other eps: purestrain stupidity squeezed out into just baffling ideas.  The "Education makes women masculine" chart, "women are going to start using kitty litter," "urinals are some sort of male identity thing," these are all beautiful works of art and I am happier for having heard them, much as I am happy when I hear a new funny joke. 

Bobalay

• FORUMS MEMBER
  • Paid
  • is made of 50 unbreakable g-strings
What's your favorite type of episode? #37
I love any episode about something one of the ridiculists is invested in. There's a special kind of angrysad you only get when Portaxx has to read Pokemon fetishists or Jack Chick has to read the metal opinions of ICP fans.

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
What's your favorite type of episode? #38
Two things: I love when in the MRA episode everyone is silently fuming and Portax just goes "Is this how a toilet works?"  And, I have had taco in a bag.  It was a a high school football game in a coal mining town
Smoking Crow, February 27, 2015, 04:09:45 pm

The toilet thing is honestly the only thing which saves the episode from being almost entirely unlistenable. Every time it gets a little too frustrating, portaxx saves the day.

Please don't review taco in a bag, I wouldn't want the mental image shattered.

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
What's your favorite type of episode? #39
I love any episode about something one of the ridiculists is invested in. There's a special kind of angrysad you only get when Portaxx has to read Pokemon fetishists or Jack Chick has to read the metal opinions of ICP fans.
Bobalay, February 27, 2015, 05:12:03 pm
Victor's got the best reaction to this, where you don't even hear him get mad, he just gets really, really sad.

Navigator

• Currently Sitting Way Too Close to a Toaster
  • Paid
  • I live inside of a tree and I don't need anybody.
What's your favorite type of episode? #40
I love it when the subjects of the episode are so strange, the readers end up more confused than anything else. Like the car fuckers, or quantum jumping.

I also love the dudes who do the I'm Totally A Girl thing, because it's never anywhere near convincing.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
What's your favorite type of episode? #41
The episodes I seem to enjoy the most is when people who are obviously teenagers (or are in denial that they are no longer teenagers) create their own elaborate worlds of weird bullshit that outside of their blog or forum or whatever is utterly pointless and stupid, like the multiples and malatora episodes. I think part of that is because I know perfectly well that I was that kind of internet teen or absolutely would have been if I had stumbled onto that exact subject matter at the time. The new age bullshit and terrible fanfiction episodes are ones I like a lot for similar reasons.

Ambious

What's your favorite type of episode? #42
That's a tougher question to answer than I'd imagined.
On one hand, the stupid ones tend to infuriate me, but they also really infuriate Lemon which makes it comedy gold.

Old_Zircon

• The phased-out byzantine devil.
  • Paid
What's your favorite type of episode? #43
The ones that I always like that weren't specifically in the poll are the dating sites and conspiracy theorists. Dating sites because it's hilarious to see the blatant lack of self awareness on display and conspiracy theorists because I find the crazy shit they believe genuinely fascinating.
KingKalamari, February 25, 2015, 08:26:44 pm

I agree about the dating sites. I chose the "dating advice" one as the closest thing. I tend to like advice stuff in general and the weird fetish episodes almost equally.  The Love-shy and asexuals episodes were both pretty fantastic.  I think the common thread in my favorites is "oversharing and general lack of self awareness on public forums"

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
What's your favorite type of episode? #44
I'm surprised poetry and literature isn't higher, especially considering that's the category on that poll that fanfiction falls into.

I can never get bored of the Hans von Hozel/ShakespeareHemmingway episode.