Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:04:25 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread  (Read 1566651 times)

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Every day is a battle to resist making my tinder bio ‘online fucker idiot gets made into cool warlock’s sissy bitch’
GirlKisser420, July 17, 2019, 05:27:45 pm
one day you'll find your cool warlock, king
Shell Game Carbon GirlKisser420

krytton

• CRINGE BUT FREE
  • Paid
  • WORLD IS A FUCK
theres gonna be a huge wave of ironic rage comic nostalgia in the next couple of years and i for one am looking forward to it

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
An internet database of slurs to keep track of them for public awareness. Potential to be used for evil though, so maybe not.

ClaraTinSoldier

• Professional Cool Guy
  • Paid
You know what would be cool? A story with a beginning, a middle and an end.

I'm sick and tired of trying to stay invested in TV series that are just 20 hour films with cuts every 45 minutes regardless of the content and pacing and then they don't even resolve half of it because the need to produce another one next year. I'm bored of films that just do the twist and force me to come back in 2 years time to watch a couple more twists to set up the next 2 year wait. Give me a fucking ending so I can go away and have my own thoughts about it. If you're going to deliver a discrete 45 or 120 minute package, make sure it can at least kind of stand on it's own. please.
boooo566, July 17, 2019, 03:55:59 pm

If you don't like netflix or prestige drama, have you tried procedurals or sitcoms? that'll give you what you're after. I  hear NCIS  is still on because the tv in the rec room of everyone's parents' house is stuck on cbs and no one knows how to turn i t off.

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
My issue is that the early episodes of massively popular highly acclaimed series like Stranger Things and Game of Thrones (both of which I've tried recently) all seem to consist of a large number of things happening and literally zero attempts at telling me why they're happening, how they're connected and why I should give a shit. A season of a TV show actually takes quite a lot of free time and mental effort and I'm resentful of the idea that you should get a week of my free time before ever having to justify why.

The other part of that post is that I just watched spider man and it had a big old twist at the end and I realised at that point I dont want to have to think about a long running Marvel saga for another fucking decade.

I just want to experience something good without the expectation that I'll keep coming back or the spectre that any ideas I might have about it are null and vood because they're going to come back and just fuck it all up again.
GenesisAlwaysSucked Salubrious Rex

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Is 'nothing' sacred?

beelzeboob

• Risen from the tits of hell.
  • Paid
  • call that the boobonic plague
Nostalgia but, like, a negative kind? What’s that called

Victor Laszlo

• May my path be lit up by the bridges that I've burned
  • Ridiculist
  • Yay Victor!
My issue is that the early episodes of massively popular highly acclaimed series like Stranger Things and Game of Thrones (both of which I've tried recently) all seem to consist of a large number of things happening and literally zero attempts at telling me why they're happening, how they're connected and why I should give a shit. A season of a TV show actually takes quite a lot of free time and mental effort and I'm resentful of the idea that you should get a week of my free time before ever having to justify why.

The other part of that post is that I just watched spider man and it had a big old twist at the end and I realised at that point I dont want to have to think about a long running Marvel saga for another fucking decade.

I just want to experience something good without the expectation that I'll keep coming back or the spectre that any ideas I might have about it are null and vood because they're going to come back and just fuck it all up again.
boooo566, July 18, 2019, 06:01:31 am

Delayed gratification is a big issue for TV for me right now too.  I still haven't watched more than a few episodes of Breaking Bad because it's really, really boring at the beginning.  Mad Men took me a few tries.  I forced my way through the entire first season of Boardwalk Empire expecting a payoff and came out cussing HBO up and down.  Westworld deliberately messes with timelines and structure to confuse you instead of telling what would have an otherwise interesting story. 

Your two examples are both enjoyable to me because there are a handful of well-acted characters I find super entertaining to watch.  But as far as narratives go they're both huge messes.  These were poor choices as far as what you're looking for - Stranger Things is really more about a mood - it's a Spielberg pastiche and you're supposed to feel immersed in 1980s USA childhood - and clearly "half a dozen kids against a superdemon" isn't going to give you a reasonable plotline from start to finish, right?  Game of Thrones is an adaptation of a book series that is famous for getting so complex and convoluted that the author just quit writing.  What were you expecting the show to be?
chai tea latte

Shell Game

• Fearless: The Fiscal Year of Shadow
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
You ever just... wake up in the middle of the night and just have to move down to the floor next to your nice, cool, concrete wall and sleep there for a couple hours?
GenesisAlwaysSucked

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
An internet database of slurs to keep track of them for public awareness. Potential to be used for evil though, so maybe not.
Salubrious Rex, July 18, 2019, 02:20:20 am

Oh, you mean UrbanDictionary?

On-topic,

Me, 10 years ago: "It doesn't matter, it's ironic bigotry!"
Me, today: "It doesn't matter it's ironic bigotry!"
Salubrious Rex

Shell Game

• Fearless: The Fiscal Year of Shadow
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
[yay]Lovecraft said trans rights![yay]

also something about purity of bloodlines idk...
Wrought Macho Masc Sangy Savage GirlKisser420

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
They already have this, it's called "my old middle school's bathroom stalls"
Salubrious Rex GenesisAlwaysSucked

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
They already have this, it's called "my old middle school's bathroom stalls"
Wrought, July 18, 2019, 07:41:08 pm

While comprehensive, they're unfortunately not online. You have to go back and document them before they're lost to time.

GenesisAlwaysSucked

• She Blow That Dick Like a Cello
  • Paid
You ever just... wake up in the middle of the night and just have to move down to the floor next to your nice, cool, concrete wall and sleep there for a couple hours?
Shell Game, July 18, 2019, 09:05:11 am

I have absolutely done this.
Shell Game

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Patiently waiting for the latest health fad to be “squatting desks,” where you just put your computer on the floor and do the third-world-squat.
Darkly, July 19, 2019, 09:47:26 am

Open Concept Slav Offices
Wrought