Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:31:53 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: How often should I listen to the F Plus with my girlfriend?  (Read 6410 times)

Myrmeleo

• Paid
More seriously, what episode do you think makes the best introduction for new listeners? When you tell your friends about the podcast, what episodes do you recommend to them? I think the All Recipes or Fine Waters episodes tend to make a good first impression on people.

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
Roy Orbison in clingfilm is a definite high point, and an easy intro for newbies. Basically, you should get everyone you know to listen to Roy Orbison in clingfilm, and also stranger on the street like some sort of clingfilm bike Mormon.

Ansemaru

• we put our faith in
  • Paid
  • blast hardcheese
Seconding the Allrecipes and/or Fine Waters eps. They were among my first, and still among my favorites. I think the Wikihow episodes are also fairly friendly introductions, but that's just me.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
the multiples episode is the first one I listened to and it's probably the one I'd recommend as a first listen, because it was what clued me in that I'd really like the podcast. It's a good first episode if you're a fan of internet atrocity tourism.

nigeline

• Willy Dang Doodle
  • Paid
  • All you do is dump
the multiples episode is the first one I listened to and it's probably the one I'd recommend as a first listen, because it was what clued me in that I'd really like the podcast. It's a good first episode if you're a fan of internet atrocity tourism.
Tiny Prancer, June 04, 2014, 02:15:25 am
Anyone already into atrocity tourism will also love the waifu epsiode. Perfectly approachable to someone not intimately familiar with anime or tumblr culture - far more enjoyable/horrifying/depressing if one is!

Any of the dating episodes are also easy to relate to.

EDIT: It's probably relevant to point out that I myself got into the F Plus thanks to my boyfriend listening to it non-stop. Sometimes it's easier to give in :D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:33:52 am by nigeline »

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Depends on how Internet the person in question is, I guess. I'd not subject anyone to adult babies or multiples until I know they can handle it, probably safer to start them off with something easier on the palate like Wikihow or the recipe stuff. I usually also think about the person's interest before I recommend an episode, so that they don't really know anything about fandom shit I won't start them off with an episode they're not going to get from the go.

Cyberventurer

• Smoke-Free
  • Paid
A friend of mine is a history buff so I picked out the one with the French giants wiping their asses and the Roman poets shit-talking each other.  He actually refused to listen to the Roy Orbison one at first because he refused to believe there was nothing overtly sexual about any of it.

Navigator

• Currently Sitting Way Too Close to a Toaster
  • Paid
  • I live inside of a tree and I don't need anybody.
The Kickstarter episode was the first one I listened to, and it's joined by clingfilm and Paula Deen as my go-to Intro Episodes. Jeremy Fernandez never fails to make a good first impression.

🍆

• Spongy Wood Witch
  • Paid
  • Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cunt
Tiny Prancer, June 04, 2014, 02:15:25 am
It was mine too and I second it. Creepypasta is another good one.

If you wanna throw them in the deep end... dragon dildos.

nigeline

• Willy Dang Doodle
  • Paid
  • All you do is dump
The Kickstarter episode was the first one I listened to, and it's joined by clingfilm and Paula Deen as my go-to Intro Episodes. Jeremy Fernandez never fails to make a good first impression.
Navigator, June 04, 2014, 09:39:25 pm
JEREMY FERNANDEZ - A MAN ABOVE YOUR MOCKERY.

Sherlockian

• Library handwriting. Indexing. Abstracting. Alphabetizing. Filing.
  • Paid
  • File under Z695.95 S54
If you wanna throw them in the deep end... dragon dildos.
Garbage Dacey, June 04, 2014, 09:41:53 pm

Or if your friends are just really perverse. I used that one and the Clown episode to introduce the podcast to a good friend who enjoys making fun of weird sex stuff.

Old_Zircon

• The phased-out byzantine devil.
  • Paid
The ones I find myself going back to the most are probably
-Waifu episode (74)
-Pokegirls (57)
-Kickstarter (59)
-Daily Strength (40)
-Troper Tales (60)
-Asexuals (70)
-all of the Wikihow episodes (44, 52, 119)

Also the Bad Dragon and insect fetish episodes, but those are probably not a good introduction for most people.