Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:43:38 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 125: This One's Mainly About SLEEEEEEEP.  (Read 21997 times)

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
I used to think Imari's fanart was the best thing in my collection.

Now I'm not so sure.

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
I don't remember, is this the first TMBG song to be in an intro?  They have a really wide range of goofy songs, and it seems weird if it was the first.
RedMinjo, January 27, 2014, 01:27:06 pm

I was really happy that this was the opening song for this episode, I remember being pissed off that it wasn't used for the other hypnotism episode.

I've always liked this song...I wonder what the people over at the They might Be Giants Wiki have to say about this song in their "Interpretations" section:

I think this song is about date rape. "Never had a pocket watch, never counted backwards" says to me that this is not "being hypnotized" in a traditional way, and not remembering says to me that the "lady" had something done to them to alter their minds. I kind of enjoy this song, its catchy and fun. You know, as long as you don't interpret it. heh.

Flans at his right on worst. The idea that the poor girls are blind to the fact that they are being hypnotised is rather patronising, and one senses some good old fashioned sexism from the hero of our song who is dying to save them. The How Soon is Now guitar riff (copyright J Marr) does not help things either. (mr Tuck)

Flans at his PC best, whining that other guys can pick up when he can't. Rather insulting, as the songs narrator assumes that the women are in some way being "hypnotised". Honestly!

A very sinister interpration here, but I can't help think the subject could (unintentionally) act as a metaphor for date-rape. "You won't remember why you liked him" etc.

...I'm sorry, what?

advancedclass

• Paid
I wonder what the people over at the They might Be Giants Wiki have to say about this song in their "Interpretations" section:
KingKalamari, January 28, 2014, 06:12:30 pm

No experienced listener of the F Plus should do this and expect to come out a wiser person. Or a happier person. You knew what you were getting into, sir.

usunoro

• Paid
There was way less PUA bleed over into the hypnosis community than i expected.  A lot of the PUA/seduction books seems to essentially recommend like super speedy hypnosis. 

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me

Lemon, January 28, 2014, 12:59:16 am

"Who made a Pokemon out of nem expired hoagies? THIS PERTOX."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 09:56:17 am by STOG »

Down10

• Square Pusher
  • Paid

The asymmetry of the ball cap is driving my designer OCD up the charts. MUST. FIX. IT.

cyclopeantrash

• Aspergers Unto Death
  • Paid
  • High velocity man-hatred fired at everything
Pertox draws clipart on mspaint with a trackpad exclusively.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Please, Pertox is an professional and as such only uses professional level art products such as Microsoft Word's drawing tools.

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man

Well now I just want to see an episode done in the style of Tiny Fuppets.

Pertox! Lay-man! Eyes-Fah-Hann! Walking Hot Dog Person!
TheCrawlingChaos

🍆

• Spongy Wood Witch
  • Paid
  • Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cunt
I marathoned the first 2 seasons of American Horror Story last week when I was recovering from wisdom teeth surgery, and am honestly shocked that boob hypnosis has yet to make an appearance. Since they have to throw in like twenty zany plot elements a season it's really only a matter of time.

I'm shocked Lemon didn't sing the chorus to Hypnotize by Notorious BIG for the ending segment, btw.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
I'm pretty sure that maid lady from the first one tried boob hypnosis while she was sexy.