Snakes In The Ball Pit > Yay, I get to talk about me!

What's up with your username?

<< < (2/51) > >>

Boots Raingear:
I like telling this story.

When I was 17 I got my own phone line so I could internet without bothering my family. I called my friends to let them know what my new number was, and life was great. Several weeks later, I visited one of my friends and saw their dry erase board still had my phone number on it but my name had been erased. Next to it were the remaining two items on his mother's shopping list. It looked like this:

BootsRaingear      377-8642
Said friend is now an illustrator. I don't talk with him very often but I met up with him at a book signing in my town a few years ago and mentioned that I was using the Boots Raingear name online. The name apparently stuck with him too since he has a character named Boots Raingear that he likes to draw.

Geremy Tibbles:
I needed a name for a Cyberpunk 2020 character.

Last name is based off an Austrian guy's (Tibbits), and first name I just spelled with a G.

count_actuala:
I wanted to be UnlimitedJuice on Twitter as an Arrested Development reference, but that was taken by a ginger nut with a fivehead. Now I'm waiting for the owners of a small juice company in West Virginia to come calling about acquiring my account name.

Ansemaru:
Well I shortened my username to just Al, but originally Allechenko was just an amalgamation of my name, Allen, and —chenko, a common name ending for Ukrainian surnames. Seems terribly careless I know, but I don't have a social media footprint and Allen is not yet my legal name so I'm not worried. I just like having the opportunity to use my first name since I can't do so around most people who know me just yet.
Al, April 09, 2013, 11:50:01 am
--- End quote ---

...wait, you're named Allen, it's not yet your legal name, and you're Ukranian?

Are you my clone?

Yossarian:
I just really love Catch 22, and a few of the quotes rang with how I was feeling when I made my exodus from the chat room of evil.

"That crazy bastard."
"He's not so crazy," Dunbar said. "He swears he's not going to fly to Bologna."
"That's just what I mean," Dr. Stubbs answered. "That crazy bastard may be the only sane one left."
--- End quote ---

As far back as Yossarian could recall, he explained to Clevinger with a patient smile, somebody was always hatching a plot to kill him. There were people who cared for him and people who didn't, and those who didn't hated him and were out to get him. They hated him because he was Assyrian. But they couldn't touch him, he told Clevinger, because he was Tarzan, Mandrake, Flash Gordon. He was Bill Shakespeare. He was Cain, Ulysses, the Flying Dutchman; he was Lot in Sodom, Deirdre of the Sorrows, Sweeney in the nightingales among trees. He was miracle ingredient Z-247. He was –
"Crazy!" Clevinger interrupted, shrieking. "That's what you are! Crazy!"
--- End quote ---

I also used Clevinger briefly but that's not nearly as fun to have people mangle or scream in rage over voice chat when I play The Hidden

As always occurred when he quarreled over principles in which he believed passionately, he would end up gasping furiously for air and blinking back bitter tears of conviction. There were many principles in which Clevinger believed passionately. He was crazy.

--- End quote ---

Mainly because a lot of people in that group though I was crazy for not wanting to do all the stereotypical furry junk, so I decided that I must be crazy and my username should reflect it. Needless to say no one in that group caught the reference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version