Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:07:31 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: I Read Eye of Argon  (Read 21154 times)

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
I Read Eye of Argon
In case you missed it.

Squint (who is me) reads The Eye of Argon. I did this because a listener promised to donate $100 to the charity of my choice if I did. I chose Wounded Warrior Project.

cyclopeantrash

• Aspergers Unto Death
  • Paid
  • High velocity man-hatred fired at everything
Re: I Read Eye of Argon
Ech. I can't imagine reading that out loud for an hour. I commend you my friend, for accomplishing what I could not.

Side note: I hadn't realized you were Squint. Small world.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
It is a pretty small Internet! Just tonight I recorded commentary for Geop's Dark Souls LP and Vicas (I think it was Vicas) actually referenced the "that kid... is inhuman!" story as part of a larger conversation about shitthatdidnthappen.txt, which is the SA goon archive taken of TroperTales before TroperTales got shut down.

cyclopeantrash

• Aspergers Unto Death
  • Paid
So is it safe to assume that thefplus and somethingawful are tangentially interwoven at this point?

BlueDiablo

• Paid
Very

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
"tangential interwoven" is an unusual pairing of words, but I guess it's correct to say that we are more closely related to Something Awful than what the Portal of Evil community has become. It's just weird when we get referred to as a Goon-made podcast since only about 1/15 of us really frequent the SA forums.

cyclopeantrash

• Aspergers Unto Death
  • Paid
Not a goon run podcast per se, more of something whose goals and methods overlap with SA. That's what I had meant by tangentially interwoven.

Chaz

• is tuning the tiny timpanis
  • Paid
  • I'm being doppelgangstalked
It is a pretty small Internet! Just tonight I recorded commentary for Geop's Dark Souls LP and Vicas (I think it was Vicas) actually referenced the "that kid... is inhuman!" story as part of a larger conversation about shitthatdidnthappen.txt, which is the SA goon archive taken of TroperTales before TroperTales got shut down.
Isfahan, February 03, 2013, 02:03:00 am

Oh man, you're co-commentating with Geop and Vicas? Awesome! I've been catching up with that LP, I really like it so far! Geop is a super laid-back player, and it seems like his cool and calm attitude has kept him from getting into trouble in the early parts of the game (I'm honestly as surprised as the co-commentators were when he beat the Capra Demon in one go.)

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
I joined the LP commentary at Anor Londo. Vicas and Kuvo cover gameplay shit, I mostly color commentate and provide tidbits of plot insight because they're always way ahead of me in explaining game mechanics.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
So is it safe to assume that thefplus and somethingawful are tangentially interwoven at this point?MicroMissles, February 03, 2013, 02:56:37 am

So far as I know, Bunnybread and I are the only F+ readers with SA accounts, and I think I'm the only one of us who goes there regularly. The common thread all the readers have is our origins from Portal of Evil, where Lemon first started gathering folks up.

TurkeyPopulationGuessingMan

• Got an A in Chicken Nuggets
  • Paid
I Read Eye of Argon #10
Back in the earlier days of the internet I was into MST3K fan faction. I guess that would be the best way to describe it but it was more that they wrote up what either Mike, Joel or the bots would say. I read most of the Eye of Argon. The heaving mounts was a running joke as I recall.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
I Read Eye of Argon #11
I did this because a listener promised to donate $100 to the charity of my choice if I did. I chose Wounded Warrior Project.
Isfahan, February 03, 2013, 12:19:40 am
And I donated $100 to Wounded Warrior Project!

Nemo2342

• Depleted Uranium Beholder
  • Paid
I Read Eye of Argon #12
Back in the earlier days of the internet I was into MST3K fan faction. I guess that would be the best way to describe it but it was more that they wrote up what either Mike, Joel or the bots would say. I read most of the Eye of Argon. The heaving mounts was a running joke as I recall.
WhiteBoyShuffle, August 02, 2014, 09:07:13 pm

I used to read a lot of MiSTings/MSTings, back in the dark days of the internet. There was some really funny stuff there, especially Eye of Argon and anyone who took on David Gonterman's works.

This is the Eye of Argon one: http://www.keithpalmer.ca/mst3k/favourites/eye-of-argon.txt

Sion

• Paid
I Read Eye of Argon #13
This is extremely entertaining. Apparently, spellchecking is really, really  hard.

I'm also super jealous about getting to hang out with goons. I have a SA account myself but all I do is use it to look at premium stuff and lurk.

I've always felt that the ballp.it is like SomethingAwful Lite.

(Also: it's pretty much standard that I post on year-old threads at this point)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:37:26 am by Sion »

TurkeyPopulationGuessingMan

• Got an A in Chicken Nuggets
  • Paid
I Read Eye of Argon #14
WhiteBoyShuffle, August 02, 2014, 09:07:13 pm

I used to read a lot of MiSTings/MSTings, back in the dark days of the internet. There was some really funny stuff there, especially Eye of Argon and anyone who took on David Gonterman's works.

This is the Eye of Argon one: http://www.keithpalmer.ca/mst3k/favourites/eye-of-argon.txt
Nemo2342, August 03, 2014, 10:56:41 pm

I used to keep a word doc with my favorite riffs from ones I had read. At one point it was close to 30 pages long.