Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:55:41 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 115 - Grave New World  (Read 5027 times)

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
Episode 115 - Grave New World
Mix Immoral Filth Secret Gaygent 69 Salubrious Rex

Lumbermouth

• Paid
Episode 115 - Grave New World #1
I have listened to a lot of NaNoWriMo/worldbuilding episodes and god damn if that Mercyum bit wasn’t the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard.

EDIT: wait no Bunpunk is worse
Mix Immoral Filth Shell Game
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 05:48:00 pm by Lumbermouth »

sambair

• Paid
Episode 115 - Grave New World #2
Somehow Internet fiction/self-publishers/fanfic has the exact same problems that it had 20 years ago when I was a teenager and more unironically into this stuff. I'm not going to blame TVTropes, but they definitely aren't helping.

Cradicus

• Paid
Episode 115 - Grave New World #3
Really enjoyed this episode, there's something about people talking very seriously about novels they'll never write that is exceptionally funny to me.

I'm also interested to see the evolution of the -punk suffix here. Some use it as a short hand for "this story has themes of alienation and out of control corporate capitalism," which seems like the original use from Cyberpunk, but the majority use it as "all these thinks are linked by the proceeding word." Like, bunpunk is a broad umbrella of food based stories, whether or not they have any "punk" elements. In this essay I will...
Shell Game Macho Masc Sangy Savage chai tea latte xdaringdamselx adrenochrome dome Lemon

xdaringdamselx

• Paid
Episode 115 - Grave New World #4
Oh man I love bad writing/worldbuilding episodes, they're some of my favorites! Especially TVtropes episodes--one of the primary problems with people who spend a lot of time on there is that they don't understand writing or storytelling at all, they just understand TVtropes--so the story isn't the story, the story is how many tropes they can stick together into one thing, like a Voltron of dumb nerd shit without depth or context. Like they don't get why this character is compelling and interesting and deep, or what his story is about, what its themes are, etc, they just wanna see the Badass Longcoat having a Crowning Moment of Awesome Punching Cthulhu Out or something, and they're like, "obviously, that's what makes a good story! more explosions! more references! more tropes!"

It's also always struck me that these people who do spend time trying to worldbuild always have the absolute *weirdest* worlds they want to build, and it baffles me as to why they come up with these things at all... like the person who was talking about magical gestation processes, what was that all about, what did they want with that?
Cradicus Shell Game Mix Dr. Buttplug chai tea latte adrenochrome dome

adrenochrome dome

• YIMBY
  • Paid

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
Episode 115 - Grave New World #6
Found the bunpunk wiki.
https://twitter.com/SilverSober/status/1365806870875766788?s=20
adrenochrome dome, March 01, 2021, 12:47:12 pm
Excellent... Now find this fabled "Breadtube" they speak of in legends.
Macho Masc Sangy Savage adrenochrome dome

Lumbermouth

• Paid
Episode 115 - Grave New World #7
Really enjoyed this episode, there's something about people talking very seriously about novels they'll never write that is exceptionally funny to me.

I'm also interested to see the evolution of the -punk suffix here. Some use it as a short hand for "this story has themes of alienation and out of control corporate capitalism," which seems like the original use from Cyberpunk, but the majority use it as "all these thinks are linked by the proceeding word." Like, bunpunk is a broad umbrella of food based stories, whether or not they have any "punk" elements. In this essay I will...
Cradicus, February 28, 2021, 11:05:48 am

-punk means “involves a thing” now. That’s why the Fast & Furious series is Carpunk.

xdaringdamselx

• Paid
Episode 115 - Grave New World #8

Cradicus, February 28, 2021, 11:05:48 am

-punk means “involves a thing” now. That’s why the Fast & Furious series is Carpunk.
Lumbermouth, March 01, 2021, 06:44:33 pm
join me as I chart out the Jockpunk universe, where I explain how all sports are part of a shared cinematic universe
adrenochrome dome

adrenochrome dome

• YIMBY
  • Paid
Episode 115 - Grave New World #9
join me as I chart out the Jockpunk universe, where I explain how all sports are part of a shared cinematic universe
xdaringdamselx, March 01, 2021, 07:35:05 pm

Only if there is a squad of crime fighting Gronk bros.

xdaringdamselx

• Paid
Episode 115 - Grave New World #10
xdaringdamselx, March 01, 2021, 07:35:05 pm

Only if there is a squad of crime fighting Gronk bros.
adrenochrome dome, March 01, 2021, 08:05:52 pm
the secret connective tissue here is WWE, because we got all kinds of sports folks showing up there for whatever reason, and that means that MMA, football, and baseball all exist in the cinematic universe hosted by WWE, which, by the very nature of pro wrestling as a storytelling art, is a liminal place, half in and half out of reality. therefore this is all a shared aesthetic, or JOCKPUNK

and also the muppets exist there too
adrenochrome dome