Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:55:59 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3]  (Read 24809 times)

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #45

EDIT: NOBODY LOOK AT HER MEW AND MEWTWO 3D MODELS. Jesus Christ, those are gonna haunt my dreams.
Navigator, October 27, 2014, 12:55:30 pm

I've gotta say, my memory of Pokemon is fuzzy... but isn't Mew (and Mewtwo, by extention) supposed to be mouse-like? These look like cats.

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #46
I literally jumped up when someone said 'rollercoaster romance,' because I KNEW.

Muffinator

• Paid
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #47
Oh my god, the painting fucker. This is the best thing that's ever been on the FPlus. I can't stop listening to it.

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #48
I've gotta say, my memory of Pokemon is fuzzy... but isn't Mew (and Mewtwo, by extention) supposed to be mouse-like? These look like cats.
FattyBoVampireBatty, October 27, 2014, 03:33:04 pm

They're kind of ambiguously protoanimal, and Mew's meant to look like a fetus. So... yeah, she's gone quite off-model.

The weird thing is I can see some actual talent from her in those. She knows what she wants to do with them, and she does it fairly well. I'd go as far as to say, going by her fanart, her talents are being massively wasted on her own stuff.

Oh my god, the painting fucker. This is the best thing that's ever been on the FPlus. I can't stop listening to it.
Muffinator, October 28, 2014, 07:00:34 am

He's probably my favorite, because I choose to believe that the entire plot was just stemming from him trying to figure out a believable context for fucking the Mona Lisa.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #49
The weird thing about Miranda's work is that looking at the original illustrations she did for Twisted, they're pretty damn awful, but her abilities to render are now notably a whole lot better... but she's still obsessed with her terrible roller coaster story. Like, even ignoring how silly the "were-rollercoaster" thing is, it's still a fucking weird story that puts great detail in showcasing its main character as a violent murderous jackass and then passing it off as "but it's not his fault he can't control himself :( :( :( :( the world is out to get him  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(" and acting like you should ignore the fact that he's shitty and unlikeable and comes off like abusive spouse. Also there's a bunch of "high fantasy chosen one of the prophecy" shit in the story,  along with him getting every mary-sue power the author could think of, and overall it's just a really terrible story that she came up with as a teenager and then refused to let go of.

someone on the SA thread commented that her anthro roller coasters would be a lot more interesting if she entirely dropped the whole "roller coaster" part and instead made them multi-limbed lizard monsters, and I'm inclined to agree.

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #50
Also they're motherfucking anthropomorphic roller coasters.
chai tea latte

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #51
Someone also posted a argument for the other side, that if she'd embraced the idea of them being god damn anthropomorphic roller coasters and bothered to design a whole world and culture around anthropomorphic roller coasters then it would have been more fascinating in a ridiculous way.  As it is, though, it's mostly shitty fantasy that makes you giggle every time you read the word "roller coaster" because you keep forgetting each time and it's always funny when you're reminded of it.

Also, her art is technically a lot better, but there's new issues with it--like how in a lot of the pictures, she just does fucking nothing with the roller coaster tail, or at best, has it trailing weirdly off into the distance.  Her original artwork has a lot more of an amateurish vibe to it, but she bothered to draw a lot more detail into the scenes, and the rollercoasters actually looked more like rollercoasters instead of weird dragons.

But, hey.

There's a sequel coming out at some point, and I think I remember she's planning to make a trilogy of it.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #52
someone on the SA thread commented that her anthro roller coasters would be a lot more interesting if she entirely dropped the whole "roller coaster" part and instead made them multi-limbed lizard monsters, and I'm inclined to agree.Tony Danza, October 28, 2014, 09:23:00 am

Yeah, but who can relate to multi-limbed lizard monsters (aside from Portaxx and her "Things I Hug" list)? On the other hand, everyone knows what a roller coaster is! It's pure marketing savvy.

I found it weirdly difficult to hate the painting-fucker character. I think it's because, judging from the events of the story, it's quite apparent that the entire universe is willing to conspire to put him into situations where he can easily and effortlessly fuck paintings with no worries about negative consequences. Deus ex pictura, over and over again.

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #53

CONFESSION: I think her original, even more shittily drawn coaster designs are actually kind of cute. I mean in this picture it's just two cartoon coaster dragons, which in all honesty is the exact kind of thing I used to draw as a kid.

However, over time she became obsessed with making them more humanoid, with sad attempts at human torsos and arms. Railrunner gets big, weird-looking pecs, and Shadowtrack (as she's known post-transformation) naturally gets huge knockers. She also completely drops any notion that they're giant dragon-beasts and instead has them check in to regular human hospitals, wearing human clothes, and sleeping in human beds. How?! How do they do any of that??? You realize they're giant fucking coaster-dragons, right???? With long snake-like bodies, multiple limbs, and seats sticking out of their backs??? During this reboot in the art style, the coasters enter more human-like poses, but the rest of their coaster body is usually just awkwardly shoved into the background like the afterthought they are. To me it seems like she really wants to fuck someone, but she's projected so much onto her perfect fictional BF Railrunner that she just goes to her story for gratification.

At that point the story turns into a word-replace of either "vampire" or "werewolf" as the author sees fit. There's a lot of fighting for one's honor, caring for babies, and other generic paranormal romance shit. The idea of a bunch of weird-looking monsters living in a phantom amusement park could work, but the story would have to be anything other than the story this lady wants to write.

Adam Bozarth

• Your friend on the internet
  • Ridiculist
  • [File Photo]
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #54
Muffinator, October 28, 2014, 07:00:34 am
It's worth the read. It's pretty funny.

I think the guy just starts with a title and goes from there. I found myself laughing as I read it, and the sexual parts are so ridiculous that it can't possibly be erotic to anyone, even if you're an objectophile or whatever the fuck people call themselves.

It reads like a cynical cash-in, but the style is light and silly. There are so many other elements to the story that don't belong in a kindle erotica single that hint at a really wild creativity. Of all the authors we read during the show, of all the authors ever featured on F Plus, I feel safe in saying that this is the guy who deserves your 3 bux the most.

I also think he's just been playing a lot of Civilization V? Or maybe I have been playing too much myself. Either way, I think I need to come up with a nom de plume and start raking in the eBook cashola.

goombapolice

• a muscular, cum producing MONSTER
  • Paid
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #55
That was a great three hours. I wish like fuck I could have been there!

The absolute best part was the USA USA USA chant after the ranch dressing was mentioned.