Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:23:24 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: How much does the music in an episode matter?  (Read 36390 times)

RedMinjo

• Paid
  • Which of these houses is the most blue?
Re: How much does the music in an episode matter?
Just remember, you could never be as bad as pewdiepie, Squint.  But yeah I certainly agree with not adding a theme song, especially so many episodes in.

(Also, retsupurae style videos couldn't work with as many people as there usually are in an episode of the podcast.)

nigeline

• Willy Dang Doodle
  • Paid
  • All you do is dump
Part of the fun of each new episode is finding out what music you guys picked to complement the theme. I love how random the songs are.

strifeheart

• a mixture of gravity and waggery
  • Paid
The podcast introduced me to that excellent 7/4 Shoreline/I'm a Flirt mashup, and for that I will always be grateful.

icarus

• orko in training
  • Paid
  • a very special episode
most of the music i hear for the first time on the fplus.

but the music is also a large part of why i enjoy the fplus. more than once it's caught me off guard and got me laughing. so to me, the music is important to the podcast.

ACS

I prefer the episode-specific tunes to having some sort of overarching theme tune. I can't say I've encountered any picks so far that made me put down an episode or annoyed me, they're pretty much always well-chosen by... whoever is the music-chooser-guy.
PurpleXVI, February 03, 2013, 11:46:55 am

This. It's always interesting to me to hear songs I've never heard before. Even if it's a stlye that I don't much care for, as long as it fits with the topic matter, it's all good.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
For the tit-expansion episode, I was like "I don't know of any tit-expansion songs out there, not even by David Allan Coe, and besides, if there actually are songs out there about growing tits, I don't want to give them publicity."

So I put in compositions for Spanish acoustic guitar backed by symphony.

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
How much does the music in an episode matter? #21
I love the music!  I like how it usually fits the theme of the episode, and it's introduced me to a few good musicians as well.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Dance of the Dream Man
Ave Maria
Another Lonely Day
Guys and Dolls
Cold Water
Pure Imagination
You Got It
Send in the Clowns
Notm, February 03, 2013, 06:37:54 pm

In a list of mainly show tunes, The Jesus Lizard really stands out as an odd favorite.

The podcast introduced me to that excellent 7/4 Shoreline/I'm a Flirt mashup, and for that I will always be grateful.
strifeheart, February 04, 2013, 12:36:47 am
That probably is my favorite mash up ever. Knock Out Eileen is #2.

Delcat

• Paid
How much does the music in an episode matter? #23
The music is a helpful tone-shifting break between parts, kind of like the host segments on MST3K.  It gives a sense of cadence to the podcast, and it breaks things into more palatable chunks mentally, kind of like an auditory bullet point.  I certainly wouldn't stop listening if the music was cut out, but it's an enjoyable part of it, and it helps with the professional quality feel.

That having been said, the episode that starts with Fat-Bottomed Girls comes up a lot on my iPod and I inevitably start listening before I realize it's not the song itself and I have to go looking for it manually and cuss and such.  But you introduced me to When You're Fat, so it evens out.

Lady Naga

• I died a little just now, it was wonderful.
  • Paid
  • Je M'amuse.
How much does the music in an episode matter? #24
I listen to the podcast with my boyfriend most of the time, and we end up dueting the music, so it's very important as a bonding experience.

Speaking of music though, does anyone know where I can get that Brittney The Pimp mashup?

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
How much does the music in an episode matter? #25
Speaking of music though, does anyone know where I can get that Brittney The Pimp mashup?
Lady Naga, February 11, 2013, 10:36:39 am

Glad you asked. Britney the Pimp is by DJ Lobsterdust, who is fantastic. I recommend browsing through the site.

Lady Naga

• I died a little just now, it was wonderful.
  • Paid
  • Je M'amuse.
How much does the music in an episode matter? #26
Lady Naga, February 11, 2013, 10:36:39 am

Glad you asked. Britney the Pimp is by DJ Lobsterdust, who is fantastic. I recommend browsing through the site.
Lemon, February 11, 2013, 10:46:33 am

Ah, much appriciated Mr.Lemon! Curiously enough, "Britney The Pimp" is a very hard search term for Google to parse apparently because nothing relevant pops up.

JT

• Paid
How much does the music in an episode matter? #27
I like the musical interludes, but they're not nearly important enough to warrant holding up the editing process, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind less clever song choices or a generic theme if it meant getting the episodes out sooner.

That said, I appreciate you guys introducing me to this. So damn catchy.
Lemon

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
How much does the music in an episode matter? #28
Musical selection doesn't hold up the editing process by any noticeable degree, trust me.

Sion

• Paid
F+ has introduced me to a lot of sweet music, like: The Hidden Cameras (I guess whoever edited that WikiHow episode really liked that band!), Rush And A Push And The Land Is Ours by The Smiths, Max Raabe, Book of the Month by Lovage, All I Have To Do Is Dream by the Everly Brothers (I really dig Oldies and I feel bad for not knowing about the song earlier), that Bitches Ain't Shit cover by Ben Folds (which is golden, especially the video), Popular by Nada Surf, and Carrie Anne by The Hollies.
I just listed stuff I liked enough to list on my Likes on YouTube, which is where I put my favorite music or videos I really enjoy and want to watch over and over.

And like everyone else here, I enjoyed that I'm A Flirt mashup too.

Onto the topic at hand, I enjoy the theme-fitting music, and it's kind of obvious whenever you guys can't find anything fitting, like the WikiHow episode I mentioned earlier. It's pretty rare, though.
I don't think I'd enjoy a F-Plus theme song that isn't The F-Plus Jingle.