Projects > The F Plus

Episodes you found hard to get through

(1/15) > >>

Cat Planet:
People often post things like "oh, I like the F Plus but I found this episode hard to listen to". What are your personal dislikes? This is in no way implying that this subject matter is bad or should not be made fun of in the future.

I, personally, like all the fetish episodes, even if it's about pushing your cock into someone else's eye. The only episode I wasn't able to get through is the Christian Domestic Discipline one - I expected funny spanking fetishists (nothing wrong with consensual BDSM) but got straight up domestic abuse. Also the Conservatives one, as I'm from Russia and the subject of homophobia is a little bit close to me, my friends have suffered from it. I found it hard to be repulsed by /r/mensrights people, as I think that dying alone and unloved will be punishment enough for them.

What about you?

Mister Smalls:
The thing that I have the most trouble dealing with while listening to the podcast, more so than gross fetishes or loathsome ideologies, is secondhand embarrassment.  I've only listened to the NaNoWriMo episode once because it's just so cringeworthy and embarrassing and awful, and I only recently gathered up the strength to power through the Epic Rap Battles of History segment of the Debate.org episode more than one time.

Cat Planet:
What about CodeCat's dating profile?

Mister Smalls:
CodeCat's dating profile is just hilarious because it seems more like he's trying way too hard to be nerdy and quirky and interesting, rather than actually being a fucking awful dork.  (He is a dork, but not one that I can't hear being talked about without cringing hardcore.)

Isfahan:
Dickbugs episode. I know it's the cool thing or whatever to say you got through it no sweat, but during the recording I actually felt my gag reflex mildly engage once or twice. The adult baby episode was also gross.

Regarding NaNoWriMo, I much enjoy that episode, both recording and listening back to it, because I love shitty writing, especially shitty writing from people under the delusion that it's good writing. I think the secondhand embarrassment kicks in for me when I can tell that someone is genuinely unaware that they're being horrible and cringe-inducing, but for people who try too hard, like CodeCat and that guy in the cosplay episode who lied about scaring a guy outside of an Albertson's, they know exactly what they're doing, so they get no sympathy from me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version