Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:26:04 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: This Thread is Sketchy as Fuck - Post Your Sketches  (Read 58633 times)

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
We have one Trump-supporting cousin in the family. I made this to give to him at the Christmas party tonight.

Moose Amelia Blank Macho Masc Sangy Savage Liatai Bodark Zekka chai tea latte cashmir sweaters Gyro znarf Ragnarok Boobies Eider Duck bigfangirl Lemon Sherman Tank

Adam Bozarth

• Your friend on the internet
  • Ridiculist
  • [File Photo]

I made this today
Standplaats Kraków Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes Bodark chai tea latte Goose Goose Honk At Me Now Amelia Blank Gyro Achilles' Heelies Frank West A Meat nuffkins, of all people, JonRG Ragnarok Boobies Lemon Sherman Tank

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR

I made this today
Adam Bozarth, January 03, 2017, 06:34:48 pm

Bozarth, I had no idea you were into photo-realism!
Bodark Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Goose Goose Honk At Me Now Amelia Blank Achilles' Heelies Frank West Sherman Tank Nikaer Drekin

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Dumb things I drew from twitter using a rad brush pen:

Including this amazing/absurd thing

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now Liatai Saoirse-Lilith Ragnarok Boobies Corn Syrup Bodark I Liked That Joke Gyro Lemon

Liatai

• Made of tea, science, art, and dragons.
  • Paid
  • Warning: uses far too many smileys.
Slightly off-topic, but what does it feel like to use brush pens? Is it more like a pencil, or more like a paintbrush? I've always hated inking because I feel like I can never get the line quality I want with Microns without swapping between pens constantly, but I have trouble with paintbrushes because -- maybe my technique just sucks (or the brushes I've used :B), but I can never get a fine line with them. It's either "oh look three bristles maybe contacted the paper" or "WHOOPS THE LINE BLED EVERYWHERE AND NOW IT'S A SPLOTCH," no in-between. x3;

On-topic, have a fluffy dragon merchant.

Ragnarok Boobies Goose Goose Honk At Me Now Gyro I Liked That Joke

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
I really love using brushes to ink, but carrying acrylic ink, brushes, cleaner, water and all that jazz doesn't make sense for just sketches. The first pen brush I used was the Micron brush pen, and it really sucked. The brush started out stiff, and after a few uses the point split and wouldn't draw smooth or thin lines again. Also tried using water brush pens, both filling the chamber with ink and leaving it empty. Filling the chamber just caused the thing to clog, probably due to using acrylic ink. Naomi Romero suggested these Pilot pocket brush pens (http://tinyurl.com/jmd7hpx) and it has been working really well so far! No bleeding problems on regular sulphite drawing paper or bristol.

As for use, it takes a bit of getting used to, since you're holding it like a pen, but it acts like a brush (obvious point, I guess). When I'm using it, I'm moving my whole hand/arm, instead of resting the hand on the paper and just rotating the wrist. They're good if you like exaggerated linework and going hog wild with varying thickness. If you want exact control over line width, pens are still the best.  Like any tool, it just takes practice to get the feel for it. Also, you're still going to be swapping out brushes. After a certain size the line variance starts to look 'wrong', so you swap up to a larger brush. The same thing happens in digital inking, now that I think on it.

I really loathe to say things like this, but in this case the brush quality does matter. No one's saying you have to get sable brushes, but high enough quality that they keep a point. Keeping ink out of the ferrule, cleaning after use, and reshaping the bristles will help make brushes last. Master's brush cleaner is amazing for this. Sorry if I'm repeating things you already know!
Liatai

Liatai

• Made of tea, science, art, and dragons.
  • Paid
  • Warning: uses far too many smileys.
No no, most of this is new to me -- the last art class I took was in eighth grade, and I'm pretty much self-taught, so any information on tools and techniques I can get is welcome! x3;

That said, dammit. Pencils have spoiled me. I hate breaking my flow to search for another pen or pencil unless I'm swapping colors. x3; I MUCH prefer pencil or colored pencil to any liquid medium.... Want a finer point? Just sharpen it. Want a duller point? Just adjust the angle you hold it at, or scribble a bit to wear down the point. Want a thicker line, thinner line, lighter line, darker line? Change your pressure or your angle and hey presto -- no tool swapping required, just go! x3;

Problem is I feel like people expect ink or look down on pencil/colored pencil work as being lazy or unfinished these days. But that may be more sadbrains-related than art. x3; Thank you!

Amelia Blank

• Giant Woman
  • Paid
  • Secretly seven cats in a human-shaped bag
Liatai Gyro Ragnarok Boobies Eider Duck

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Was trying to sketch out different poses for this school mascot and in one of the science images I put the beaker a bit too low:

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Liatai Runic Amelia Blank Bodark Ragnarok Boobies

Amelia Blank

• Giant Woman
  • Paid

I drew MythosSanta an avatar for the Extra Credit readers section. <3
Liatai Ragnarok Boobies I Liked That Joke

Amelia Blank

• Giant Woman
  • Paid
This felt good to draw. <3
Liatai

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
Liatai I Liked That Joke

I Liked That Joke

• Paid
  • Boy oh boy, there's a lot of good jokes out there!
I like to draw my player's D&D characters, and I finally figured out how to post images (I am dumb). Look!

From left to right: Moody drow druid, divination wizard who can't tell the difference between normal dreams and visions, and a gnome ranger with her corgi companion! I kinda fucked up the wizard's hair and the ranger's mouth.

The dragonborn paladin and bard/rogue fight a paper mâché Rhemoraz in a library while the rest of the party attempts to escape out a window. One of them failed his climb check.

Character sketches of Sora, the incredibly awkward dragonborn sorcerer. She wears a baja jacket for some reason.

And finally, a digitally cleaned-up drawing of my first-ever PC! It's a game set in Ravnica from MTG, and he's a wizard for Azorius. Pictured here with his juvenile sphinx familliar Matja.
Macho Masc Sangy Savage Liatai Gyro bubbleuj

Amelia Blank

• Giant Woman
  • Paid
I Liked That Joke Liatai

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.

Liatai Gyro I Liked That Joke Corn Syrup