Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:30:49 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread  (Read 1446238 times)

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
Why do people think that "tropes" are good ways of understanding media or storytelling devices when they range from "something in the beginning that gets used by the end" to "something in the beginning that doesn't get used by the end"
Wrought, July 26, 2018, 08:32:29 am
people don't, tropers do
Wrought

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
This troper has rejected your limiting definition of "human", and subsists entirely off of spite and hatred in the darkest depths of the world
Vinny Possum

Shell Game

• Paid
This troper has rejected your limiting definition of "human", and subsists entirely off of spite and hatred in the darkest depths of the world
Wrought, July 26, 2018, 09:19:54 am
a regular Knight in Sour Armor
Wrought Liatai Vinny Possum

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
I've said a lot of horrible things about the District Line recently. I regret all that. I don't care that it will stop in a tunnel for ten minutes with no announcements and make me late for work. It's spacious and air conditioned. If ten minutes in a tunnel means I get ten more minutes in its bright, climate controlled carriages, that's good enough for me.

The Northern Line might reliably pick me up in the same place at the same time every single day without issue, but it's also trying to literally cook me alive.

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
Forrest Gump did Iran Contra after all the other stuff but the cia covered it up
Dr. Buttplug

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
I've done a lot of thinking, reading about ADHD, looking at mountainous forests and packed, vibrant cities over the last two weeks. This isn't how I thought my trip would end (in fact it ended far better), and I might have come close to my hope aka drunk tweet before leaving. It's the evening before flying home, so I hope you'll all pardon some real dork-ass navel gazing.

I've spent a good part of my life trying to shape myself into the right person: someone my parents would be proud of, that teachers would like, that would be a person people wanted as a friend. I've been called abrasive, tactless, loud, annoying, judgemental, etc. After going too far one way, I looked back and realized I didn't know who the fuck I actually was. Every part of me had been stripped away and buried, leaving someone just so empty of experience and personality.

So I threw myself into the other direction. Tried to embrace my flaws, find a way to make them fit into my environment, draw more, do more, be more than I was. And that kinda failed too.

As I was reading Focus Forward, a book about managing emotional turmoil and sensitivity from ADHD, he mentioned changing the context would help regulate the emotions. And it was sort of an epiphany. It's not impossible, but terribly difficult to change who we are by force. We are not clay, to be pushed and shaped into the right person. But, in the right place, with the right people, those forces can gently guide you and reinforce your better parts.

I've only one other obligation to finish in Michigan, then I can finally go. It won't be easy, and I'm sure to fuck up a lot, but it'll finally give me a chance to be more than what my work, my friends, and even my family have come to see me as.

Also fucking real minimum wage like yesterday, universal healthcare and a fucking national vacation time standard because everyone deserves to spend time getting up in their own existential business.

And day drink. (Same thing, really)
ikaribattousai Wrought Liatai Lemon

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
and if you want to have existential navel gazing you should go to BAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL PIT

sanguinary - you're one of my favorite posters on this forum (Guest is number one, of course). i'm really glad you got to take this trip, because you got to do and see fun shit, and also realize that michigan doesn't really hold that much for you anymore. keep on growin like you have been. you rule.
Macho Masc Sangy Savage Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Shell Game Lemon JelloMaster

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
and if you want to have existential navel gazing you should go to BAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL PIT

sanguinary - you're one of my favorite posters on this forum (Guest is number one, of course). i'm really glad you got to take this trip, because you got to do and see fun shit, and also realize that michigan doesn't really hold that much for you anymore. keep on growin like you have been. you rule.
jack chick, July 27, 2018, 10:45:10 pm

You're supposed to post these sort of things in the drunk thread haha

Thank you ;_;
Shell Game

krytton

• CRINGE BUT FREE
  • Paid
  • WORLD IS A FUCK
the thinking emoji has really come in to its own recently. proud of that kid :')

Shell Game

• Paid

jack chick, July 27, 2018, 10:45:10 pm
i'm fully aware of the tag, but i choose to believe i am number one
Wrought A Meat Liatai

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Yeah, dude, don't you know? Shakespeare didn't write any of his plays, it was all Chamillionaire

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
Yeah, ok, but what's the thickest duck on record?

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
And now, an incomplete list of Rocket From The Crypt songs that get stuck in my head...

• The one that goes "On a rope, on a rope, got me hanging on a rope. On a rope on a rope, got me hanging on a rope. On a rope on a rope got me hanging on a rope. On a rope on a rope, got me hanging on a rope."
  • The one that goes "Heads are gonna roll (roll!) Heads are gonna roll (roll!) Heads are gonna roll (roll!) if we can make 'em roll. Heads are gonna roll (roll!) Heads are gonna roll (roll!) Heads are gonna roll (roll!) if we can make 'em roll."
  • The one that goes "Everybody smoke pot, everybody smoke pot, everybody smoke pot, everybody everybody. Everybody smoke pot, everybody smoke pot, everybody smoke pot, everybody everybody."
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop chai tea latte

krytton

• CRINGE BUT FREE
  • Paid
  • WORLD IS A FUCK
i find myself increasingly cynical about nostalgia. these its hard for me to ignore the troubling politics of the things i enjoyed as a child - and the people who make them. that said i want that fucken lego hogwarts set
Liatai

Shigan

• Cum golem with long hair on men
  • Paid
Sub PĂ©rignon
Wrought Lemon chai tea latte