Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:37:25 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: I made a guitar with hand tools (mostly) in my living room, it's pretty decent  (Read 4241 times)

Old_Zircon

• The phased-out byzantine devil.
  • Paid

Still need to make a truss rod cover and a little bit of wood to go on the tremolo where the cheap looking logo badge originally was, but other than that it's done. Oh, and I'm going to make a new nut from the pile of 1/4" brass sheet I scored last week.

Made the pickups myself, too.

Next one's starting in a few days.

chai tea latte strifeheart a gross spider Lemon slambam Ike STOG Positronic Baldr KingKalamari

Ike

• Paid
  • these colors keep me awake at night
Can I come listen to some of your vinyl?

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
That's a pretty fucking cool guitar

Old_Zircon

• Paid
Thanks!  Just getting started on another one.

Neal

Yeah, that's a damn fine looking instrument. You do commissions?

Old_Zircon

• Paid
Not officially yet, I want to make a couple more for myself to iron some stuff out first.  I am making a body for a friend at some point this winter, though.

But I would definitely be down to talk about it, I'll PM you my email address since I'm not on here a ton lately.

Old_Zircon

• Paid
Oh by the way, Ike, I've been toying with the idea for a couple years now of making a logo based on Louis Wain artwork to stick on guitars I make down the road, if I decide to go with something other than my signature or initials.