Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:03:26 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread  (Read 1444923 times)

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
I'm genuinely trying to do this thought experiment re: spatial awareness of one's body and... i have no idea what I'm supposed to be sensing.
Shell Game, March 12, 2021, 09:55:13 am

It's trying to figure out where your limbs are in space, probably in relation to your brain. Kinda like building a constellation out of yourself, where the hands and joints are the stars. It's fun because sometimes your hands feel like they're huge, and taking up the whole bed. It's as if your brain can't proportion things without a visual reference, and just shrugs it's shoulders.

It's fun to do while you're trying to distract yourself into falling asleep.
Guy Ferrari, March 12, 2021, 12:12:29 pm

Oh, no I think I understand what you're describing. I just can't seem to make myself do it. i just feel kinda... vaguely there? Like everything just kinda goes gray and my thoughts scatter elsewhere
Shell Game, March 12, 2021, 12:27:14 pm
I have the same problem as you shell, at most I can focus on like a single finger or something, the rest of my body is just somewhere vaguely connected to my head. I've been working on it a bit in therapy, according to my therapist at least, it's a thing that people coping with trauma sometimes have.

krytton

• CRINGE BUT FREE
  • Paid
  • WORLD IS A FUCK
we need to update our cringey fandom usernames for the modern media landscape. as such i am considering christening myself snyderfan2268
xX_sp00ks_Xx Antivehicular chai tea latte Salubrious Rex Seth "Slimy" Rollins Dr. Buttplug

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
I'm genuinely trying to do this thought experiment re: spatial awareness of one's body and... i have no idea what I'm supposed to be sensing.
Shell Game, March 12, 2021, 09:55:13 am

It's trying to figure out where your limbs are in space, probably in relation to your brain. Kinda like building a constellation out of yourself, where the hands and joints are the stars. It's fun because sometimes your hands feel like they're huge, and taking up the whole bed. It's as if your brain can't proportion things without a visual reference, and just shrugs it's shoulders.

It's fun to do while you're trying to distract yourself into falling asleep.
Guy Ferrari, March 12, 2021, 12:12:29 pm

Oh, no I think I understand what you're describing. I just can't seem to make myself do it. i just feel kinda... vaguely there? Like everything just kinda goes gray and my thoughts scatter elsewhere
Shell Game, March 12, 2021, 12:27:14 pm
I have the same problem as you shell, at most I can focus on like a single finger or something, the rest of my body is just somewhere vaguely connected to my head. I've been working on it a bit in therapy, according to my therapist at least, it's a thing that people coping with trauma sometimes have.
A Meat, March 12, 2021, 01:18:20 pm
Is it a problem? Afaik I've always been like this.

auaurorau

• Paid
cryptidization in progress ... ... ... ...
Salubrious Rex Penultimatum

A Meat

• Paid
Shell Game, March 12, 2021, 04:33:14 pm
I mean, for me it's a problem as far as I keep bumping into things and spilling drinks and stuff, I'd imagine you have that problem as well.

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
They should make a printable mirror, they can call it a mirror for printses

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
gastroentomology
RoeCocoa

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
Shell Game, March 12, 2021, 04:33:14 pm
I mean, for me it's a problem as far as I keep bumping into things and spilling drinks and stuff, I'd imagine you have that problem as well.
A Meat, March 13, 2021, 04:54:55 am
Yes constantly. It's also part of why i don't drive.

Penultimatum

• poster formerly known as dragon friend
  • Paid
  • my dragon element is pun
cryptidization in progress ... ... ... ...
auaurorau, March 13, 2021, 03:24:43 am
Shaking my head at people who aren’t already a cryptid
auaurorau

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
There needs to be more unironic classic King Arthur stuff that doesn’t cut all the awesome nonsense from the classics. I want stupid mistaken identity, cucking, medieval French dame’s Perfect Tragic Hunks and Lancelot running away and turning into a feral forest maniac for a year.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Vinny Possum Macho Masc Sangy Savage Salubrious Rex sambair Mr. Hunky Academia

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
I will write the first dahirinsaat-punk novel
Salubrious Rex sambair xX_sp00ks_Xx RoeCocoa Dr. Buttplug The Smoking Dad

A Meat

• Paid
Thinking about how some of the yugioh cards based on cryptids were too good they had to be limited. As a result you can only have a single Tsuchinoko, Jackalope and Nessie in your deck. The other cryptids are fine, have 3 of them each in your deck, it's fine.
GirlKisser420 auaurorau RoeCocoa

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
Before I started driving I wasn't entirely convinced that vaping was a real thing that people did, I'd never seen anyone vape in the wild. Since I've been driving though over the past year I've seen one, maybe two, plumes of vape mist billow out of car windows every week.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
"This one commercial said 'forget everything you know about slip covers,' so I did!"
chai tea latte Dr. Buttplug

auaurorau

• Paid
if we taught children not to signal boost awful shit, then online would be mildly more bearable in 60 years