Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:54:21 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Best Episode to Start With  (Read 12142 times)

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Best Episode to Start With #15
whichever episode has the most british accents
jack chick, May 18, 2018, 09:53:20 pm

Trick question, the F Plus has no British accents

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Best Episode to Start With #16
As mentioned here already, episode 138, audiophile bullshit, is my go to, the episode is great, but I think most people can laugh at people trying to sell stikers that make your audio system sound good, and then you get to Patrick82, who is the best
Bodark Macho Masc Sangy Savage

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
Best Episode to Start With #17
whichever episode has the most british accents
jack chick, May 18, 2018, 09:53:20 pm

Trick question, the F Plus has no British accents
SATAN MILKSHAKE, May 19, 2018, 12:27:24 am

I'll thank you very much to keep your lies and slander to yourself. The F Plus has a rotating cast of vocal talent that can mimic every dialect in the UK.

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
Best Episode to Start With #18
I recently re-listened to #194, Reddit Legal Advice, and I think that could be a great starter episode. Not only is it a really funny episode in general, the subject matter is weird in a way I don't think would be confusing to someone who's not already Very Online. In addition, there are only four readers in this one, so it might be a little more approachable, and the workjerk27 story feels like it'd be a solid litmus test to see if someone would enjoy the grosser stuff that comes up in the podcast or just get too grossed out.

Spenny

• coolest guy
  • Paid
  • piss itself
Best Episode to Start With #19
I recently re-listened to #194, Reddit Legal Advice, and I think that could be a great starter episode. Not only is it a really funny episode in general, the subject matter is weird in a way I don't think would be confusing to someone who's not already Very Online. In addition, there are only four readers in this one, so it might be a little more approachable, and the workjerk27 story feels like it'd be a solid litmus test to see if someone would enjoy the grosser stuff that comes up in the podcast or just get too grossed out.
Nikaer Drekin, May 30, 2018, 08:08:33 am

Agreed for all the reasons listed above, and also because of Adam's delivery of "someone thinks they live in an anime!"
Nikaer Drekin

Liatai

• Made of tea, science, art, and dragons.
  • Paid
  • Warning: uses far too many smileys.
Best Episode to Start With #20
I'm going to toss episode 96 -- HOCUS BOGUS! -- into the mix, because it's a fairly lighthearted romp through a wide variety of inherently silly stuff, and it's fairly accessible with a low incidence of in-jokes (with just the right sprinkling of them for listeners to catch later on a re-listen x3). It's also not terribly gross.

Because it covers a wide variety of topics within the broader scope of silly spells of magick, you can use what they liked best as a jumping-off point for suggesting future episodes.

Plus, it introduces more people to THE KILLING SPELLLLLLLLL, which is a wonderful thing. :B

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Best Episode to Start With #21
Incidentally, I've been wondering for some time if there's merit to the idea of putting out some sort of "best of" episode? There's a lot of ground to cover, and people should know right away to never fuck the car hot.
Wrought Shigan chai tea latte cat_examiner JamEngulfer Vinny Possum

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
Best Episode to Start With #22
Incidentally, I've been wondering for some time if there's merit to the idea of putting out some sort of "best of" episode? There's a lot of ground to cover, and people should know right away to never fuck the car hot.
Lemon, May 30, 2018, 11:46:35 pm

I think there's merit in that idea. It could be something like Episode(s) 200 except with the ridiculists explaining why they like a particular reading so much.

Might be a good idea for Episode 300 if you don't have a plan for it already.

Shigan

• Cum golem with long hair on men
  • Paid
Best Episode to Start With #23
It could be something like Episode(s) 200 except with the ridiculists explaining why they like a particular reading so much.
Can I turn Sherman into Tank?, May 31, 2018, 12:19:23 am

In my opinion a best-of episode works better if it's just a tightly-edited compilation of highlights, one after another. Interjections by the ridiculists probably wouldn't add much. I always thought relistenability has been one of the podcast's strengths.

Spenny

• coolest guy
  • Paid
  • piss itself
Best Episode to Start With #24
It could be something like Episode(s) 200 except with the ridiculists explaining why they like a particular reading so much.
Can I turn Sherman into Tank?, May 31, 2018, 12:19:23 am

In my opinion a best-of episode works better if it's just a tightly-edited compilation of highlights, one after another. Interjections by the ridiculists probably wouldn't add much. I always thought relistenability has been one of the podcast's strengths.
Shigan, May 31, 2018, 12:13:31 pm

What about something in the middle? I don't think straight jumps between segments would work well, because it seems like it would be jarring to switch subjects so quickly. Maybe just short intermissions acting as preambles to the next clip, explaining the episode it came from and giving a bit of context?
Wrought

SHAMBA~1.SBB

• I love dungs!!
  • Paid
  • ƨtupid cat
Best Episode to Start With #25
I don't think that another clip show has a chance of improving on Episode 200.  What I'd love is another anything-goes cornucopia like 100 was.  Not necessarily PoE-era "classic Internet" again, but something with everyone bringing in their own special favorite reading and making a really friggin' big F+ episode together.  Maybe everyone could submit a reading and randomly draw someone else's to read?  That would be a lot of fun.
GirlKisser420 Liatai chai tea latte Eider Duck JamEngulfer

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
Best Episode to Start With #26
My rough idea for episode 300 that I was going to push on Lemon is that we should do f plus origins: stories that actually happened to you to get you into this crazy, but idk if everyone has fun stories they would like to share.
Shell Game Macho Masc Sangy Savage SHAMBA~1.SBB Corn Syrup
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 12:35:52 am by Frank West »

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
Best Episode to Start With #27
My rough idea for episode 300 is that we should do f plus origins: stories that actually happened to you to get you into this crazy, but idk if everyone has fun stories they would like to share.
Frank West, May 31, 2018, 08:17:34 pm
If they do then I strongly advocate this.
Wrought

oscaruglyface

• Paid
  • Go to jail.
Best Episode to Start With #28
The only person I've been brave enough to share the podcast with in person is my older sister. She got hooked on  265 Only The Preambles to Recipes 
GirlKisser420 Lemon Wrought

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
Best Episode to Start With #29
That's really weird. I mean it definitely is the most entry level content considering it's just bad writing and a weird personality without any of the ambient internet-weird going on (unless you count food bloggers as internet-weird, I consider them too tame to qualify) but it's not really representative of the general content. Maybe I just can't see it because I've never been normal and my jumping off point was someone telling me "hey go listen to this podcast they did an episode about roy orbison getting wrapped in clingfilm" and just went "oh yeah cool that sounds good"