Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 08:21:07 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Songs about things on the internet and terrible people  (Read 5220 times)

vaMpiresoftWare

• ((( There Are Two KIND of CHEERIOS HOLES CEREAL ; LOTS OF Different TASTE )))
  • Paid
  • Was it your my mistake or my my mistake?
After years of not writing any songs because I lacked inspiration, I've been using topics from the internet (and The F Plus) as subject matter and I've been cranking songs out. Synthesizer V has also been critical so I can skip the whole tedious procedure of tracking vocals in a closet and not being happy with the final result.* At this point I've got songs about Starseeds, nice guys, conspiracy theorists, the Mandela Effect, toxic Etsy Witches, monkey moms, and even a ballad about wanting to get romantically involved with a well known cryptid. I like to write songs with unreliable/toxic narrators.

You could probably call these indie/synth pop with lots of harsh techno influence in the production. Maybe New Wave? I like in your face production so there's lots of synths, 90s-00s ROMplers, drum machines, and a little electric guitar here and there.

Please take a listen if you like and let me know what you think.

(pronounced em-mmm)

There's also an EP of some older tunes that I reworked and a little micro ambient EP from a few years back also.

*In case it's not clear this isn't me singing. It's synthesized. This technology has come a long way!
Achilles' Heelies DykeDastardly chai tea latte thelizzerd Sauce Bodark Frank West
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 05:56:04 pm by vampiresoftware »

vaMpiresoftWare

• Paid
I posted a new song today entitled Suburban Vampire. It's a pop-rock ballad from the perspective of a former "real vampire" who's old friend appears to still be at it years later.

vaMpiresoftWare

• Paid
I posted a new song this week entitled Jealous of a Stadium. I was thinking of doing a pop-punk inspired production but ended up sticking to my typical bombastic synth-pop style. This one is inspired by that lady who was in love with a drill from the Object of My Desire episode of Extra Credit. Written from the perspective of the partner of someone with an interest in large man-made structures, it's about the difficulty her interest in a local stadium causes and includes a long list of various massive things which was very fun to put together.

vaMpiresoftWare

• Paid
I’ve been cooking again in the studio. I updated the mixes and made some small arrangement tweaks to most of my tracks. I also have a few new tracks on the way.

First up is Novel for a Stranger which is inspired by the poster who wrote a novel for a stranger and insisted it wasn’t creepy to solicit feedback on it featured in The F Plus episode Jerks Off Jerking Off. This one is from the perspective of the novel writer who is definitely creepy.

This is uptempo pop rock. The production is guitars and bass and drum set. This is electric guitars and ROMplers for everything else.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2024, 11:56:24 am by vaMpiresoftWare »

vaMpiresoftWare

• Paid
Here’s a New Age/90s Warp Records inspired song written from the perspective of someone who is upset about no longer being allowed to swim with dolphins. It’s called Owner of the Ocean.

My Proteus 2000 is handling drums, pads, and bass on this one.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2024, 11:56:38 am by vaMpiresoftWare »