Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:58:57 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: How did you find the F+?  (Read 89720 times)

Ansemaru

• we put our faith in
  • Paid
  • blast hardcheese
How did you find the F+?
In the vein of the username thread/my recent questions in the general F+ questions thread, here's a thread for y'all to talk about how you stumbled across this podcast! Should be interesting to see what corners of the internet we all arrived from.

In my case, I found it through guest reader Zarla. She had done a post promoting the podcast with a list of favorite episodes over on Livejournal, and since I was tangentially aware of Portaxx as well through her collaborations with Zarla, I decided to give it a listen. My first episode was the Allrecipes one, and, well... what can I say? I was hooked.

Now it's your turn.

🍆

• Spongy Wood Witch
  • Paid
  • Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cunt
How did you find the F+? #1
Through watchful-entity, around the time of the multiple systems episode.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
How did you find the F+? #2
It's been so long I can't be sure my memory is correct, but I think someone one SA linked to the dollfucker episode in one of the dollfucker threads. I've been a fan ever since.

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
How did you find the F+? #3
Someone (maybe Portaxx?) linked me to it on the old PoE Can't Aim TF2 server.  I'm an old PoE hand but I don't think I ever heard about it over there.

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian
How did you find the F+? #4
I found it through watchful-entity; specifically through a post where an asexual evangelist was complaining about all the erasure and stuff in the Aces and Cakes episode.

icarus

• orko in training
  • Paid
  • a very special episode
How did you find the F+? #5
i honestly forget. either zarla or portaxx linked me to the planet moneygrubber episode and i got to gamer's hipclip and well it was all over from there

Chaz

• is tuning the tiny timpanis
  • Paid
  • I'm being doppelgangstalked
How did you find the F+? #6
Icarus linked the Creepypasta episode on Tumblr, and I decided to give it a listen because I know Zarla so I knew there'd be at least one familiar voice on the podcast. Haven't looked back since!

transatlanticalien

• Paid
How did you find the F+? #7
Literally exactly the same as Ansemaru :0

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
How did you find the F+? #8
I think it was through Lou Reads. The first episode I ever heard was "Weighty Companion Dudes" and by the time Jimmyfranks's second reading rolled around, I was hooked.

OrganGrinder

• pregnant semen-genie
  • Paid
  • needs to check his privlege
How did you find the F+? #9
Was linked in the Something Awful gamers.txt thread before it got gassed because goons.

TheCrawlingChaos

• IWASWONDERINGIFTHEREWEREANYSTORIESWHEREJENSENISACATPERSONANDJAREDISADOGPERSONANDSOMEHOWTHISISACOMPLICATIONINTHEIRRELATIONSHIP?!?
  • Paid
  • Messenger of the Outer Gods
How did you find the F+? #10
I saw a link to The Best Crowning Podcast of Awesome Greatness on one of the SA TV Tropes threads and quickly realized that The F Plus was much more relevant to my horrible-stuff-on-the-Internet-related interests than about 90% of SA. So I immediately switched to wasting all my time on TFP instead of SA, which is nice since I can do other stuff while listening to podcasts as opposed to reading forum post after forum post. That would've been around this time last year, roughly when The Ace and Cakes first aired, so it's probably my F Plus anniversary soon. Yay me?

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
How did you find the F+? #11
Cuddlesquid brought me here.

toanoradian

• Paid
  • The happiest crocoffle
How did you find the F+? #12
Cuddlesquid brought me here.
Juice Unlimited, April 27, 2013, 10:28:55 am

Through force, through allure, what? Come on man, details.

A year ago there was an IRC chatroom called #fimfiction that revolves around MLP: FIM fanfiction. A newbie by the name of 'toanoradian' asked about shipping scenarios that fit this cool, almost emotionless pony character. The discussion then naturally progresses to sex. Another user mentioned that the pony is clearly demisexual and then another different one posted a link to this podcast called The F Plus.

So...thanks for making me procrastinate on that fanfiction, guys.

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
How did you find the F+? #13
I was on POE back before The F Plus started but wasn't really aware of it because my computer sucked and I couldn't play TF2 on it. Portaxx linked me to it a couple of times but I didn't really pick it up until I was linked to the TVTropes episode on a Something Awful thread. I started to really get into it in the fall of last year when I started my current job and got a new iPod with enough memory to store both my massive music library and podcasts. THen Ballpit was created an it filled the POE-shaped hole in my life.

Delcat

• Paid
How did you find the F+? #14
In my case, I found it through guest reader Zarla. She had done a post promoting the podcast with a list of favorite episodes over on Livejournal, and since I was tangentially aware of Portaxx as well through her collaborations with Zarla, I decided to give it a listen.Ansemaru, April 27, 2013, 12:55:39 am

Same here, except I was obsessive-compulsive about it and started from the beginning.  It must have had something to do with Pokegrrls, though, because I remember my snark group actually started a reading of the material at the same time that the F+ ep came out and went "Oh shit, we're gonna look like we're biting".  We decided to go through with it anyway because there was plenty there to work with, but recording and time issues killed the project.  It's a shame, I was really looking forward to reading the Psydyke line.