Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:16:48 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: What's up with your username?  (Read 127415 times)

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
What's up with your username? #15
Boots, there's an Army surplus store a few blocks from me, and they must be run by your evil twin. There's a huge sign that reads "KNIVES RAINGEAR" in the window.
icarus Delcat chai tea latte nilvoid Carbon Lost Season Wrought

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
What's up with your username? #16
Knives Raingear has a black goatee on top of his beard.
Alpha Starsquatch count_actuala Runic Ansemaru Boots Raingear Clockderp Goose Goose Honk At Me Now cyclopeantrash John Toast eldritchhat Sherman Tank Carbon Chupasaurus-Rex nuffkins, of all people, Wrought Jabrekkenoni

Chaz

• is tuning the tiny timpanis
  • Paid
  • I'm being doppelgangstalked
What's up with your username? #17
No, Knives Raingear became a villain because he can't grow a beard. So he takes the fight to Boots in order to steal his.

TheCrawlingChaos

• IWASWONDERINGIFTHEREWEREANYSTORIESWHEREJENSENISACATPERSONANDJAREDISADOGPERSONANDSOMEHOWTHISISACOMPLICATIONINTHEIRRELATIONSHIP?!?
  • Paid
  • Messenger of the Outer Gods
What's up with your username? #18
I'm just Chaz because that's an acceptable short form of my actual name. GELF is something of a nod to Red Dwarf, GELF stands for Genetically Engineered Life Form, and the fuzzy green character in my avatar over there is a genetically engineered lifeform from a comic I draw.

So there you have it, Chaz GELF. :v
Chaz GELF, April 09, 2013, 01:15:33 pm

GELF always makes me think of the Gelflings from the Dark Crystal. So I tend to picture you as a bright green one of those.

Delcat

• Paid
What's up with your username? #19
Because DeLIRiUM_dIRgE wasn't available as an AIM name when I was eleven.

Thank GOD.
Jabrekkenoni

agentanalogue

• Reagent Provocateur
  • Paid
  • AMACKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
What's up with your username? #20
Mine's dumb and boring, but here it goes.

In 1999, I was CRAZY into "The Matrix" and "Upright Citizens Brigade".  I liked Agent Smith a lot.  I also loved the series of sketches in which the UCB people were trying to somehow make their lair hip enough for the inexplicable critics who would barge in say that whatever they were doing was totally "monster cockog".

Also I didn't know how to spell, so when I made it the first time, I added the "ue" to the end, and I've never dropped it.

Also it's TOTALLY the name of my improv troupe in my brain.  I think we could go all the way this year at the improvolley.

Horza

• Emissary of Commandante Aligheri
  • Paid
  • DEFY THE SPACETHORITIES!
What's up with your username? #21
Protagonist of Consider Phlebas and a pretty striking syllable combo in its own right.

Chaz

• is tuning the tiny timpanis
  • Paid
  • I'm being doppelgangstalked
What's up with your username? #22
GELF always makes me think of the Gelflings from the Dark Crystal. So I tend to picture you as a bright green one of those.TheCrawlingChaos, April 10, 2013, 03:41:05 am

You have no idea how much I've gotten that.

TheCrawlingChaos

• IWASWONDERINGIFTHEREWEREANYSTORIESWHEREJENSENISACATPERSONANDJAREDISADOGPERSONANDSOMEHOWTHISISACOMPLICATIONINTHEIRRELATIONSHIP?!?
  • Paid
  • Messenger of the Outer Gods
What's up with your username? #23
GELF always makes me think of the Gelflings from the Dark Crystal. So I tend to picture you as a bright green one of those.TheCrawlingChaos, April 10, 2013, 03:41:05 am

You have no idea how much I've gotten that.
Chaz GELF, April 11, 2013, 03:03:34 pm

<3 For some reason I always used to watch it every year with my sister at Thanksgiving with my sister. A lifelong love of Henson, Froud and weird, unconventional fantasy with heavy world-building has resulted.

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
What's up with your username? #24
King Kalamari was a brain fart of a character I came up with years agoe for a thing I was writing. He was a squid monster in a bowler hat who ran a seafood canning company. I never did anything with him but liked the name so I used it a few places online.
A Whirring Bone-White Gleech

Psammetichus

• ᕕ(⊙ω⊙)ᕗ
  • Paid
  • O damn'd Sonic! O inhuman hog!
What's up with your username? #25
Psammetichus was the name of three rather unremarkable Egyptian pharaohs, Psammetichus I, Psammetichus II, and Psammetichus III, naturally, who ruled during the 26th Dynasty of Ancient Egypt, c.  672 to 525 BC.

I learned about Psammetichus from Herodotus, the Greek historian. Allegedly, Psammetichus tried an experiment to find if mankind had an "original" language:

The Greek historian Herodotus conveyed an anecdote about Psammetichus in the second volume of his Histories (2.2). During his travel to Egypt, Herodotus heard that Psammetichus sought to discover the origin of language by conducting an experiment with two children. Allegedly he gave two newborn babies to a shepherd, with the instructions that no one should speak to them, but that the shepherd should feed and care for them while listening to determine their first words. The hypothesis was that the first word would be uttered in the root language of all people. When one of the children cried bekos with outstretched arms the shepherd concluded that the word was Phrygian because that was the sound of the Phrygian word for bread. Thus, they concluded that the Phrygians were an older people than the Egyptians, and that Phrygian was the original language of men. There are no other extant sources to verify this story.

Delcat

• Paid
What's up with your username? #26
I would make some snarky comment about showing the rest of us rubes up if I didn't keep accidentally thinking of you as "Psammitch".

Sorry bro, them's the breaks.

transatlanticalien

• Paid
What's up with your username? #27
a song
Man that's dull compared to pharoahs and shit

OrganGrinder

• pregnant semen-genie
  • Paid
  • needs to check his privlege
What's up with your username? #28
I have a love / hate relationship with this username, but end up using it a lot because I've had it for so long.

Originally, this username was given to me by Sean Kennedy back when RantRadio was a thing that I was a part of. I'd often be in the IRC at the time because every nerdy kid circa 2000 was. At the time I had been using the username JoeNoSN (for Joe No Screen Name) which was hilariously read on the air as 'JoeNoSnot'. I could probably go back and find the exact episode that where this happened and he explained his story, but I don't really feel its worth the effort because its stupid, like '14 year old gets an internet naming baptism' stupid. There's a Bioshock Infinite joke here, but :effort:

Something about a monkey at a circus and it  being the OrganGrinder. I guess its cool, especially when you're 14 and you're looking for an internet moniker, but 12 years later its just a name with a bad backstory. As of the past 3-4 years I've been using the name ThrillhouseBRO more often. I've never been able to put creativity into a name that sticks, so I'm left with this, my oldest name.

By the way, Sean Kennedy is an insane person, whom was doing Freestyle Ranting, and at the time I thought it was helluva cool. But one look on the wikipedia page for what his most famous rant is left me with a very deep shame.

Triggerhappy938

• Victor-Puncher
  • Paid
  • The Geek-of-all-Trades
What's up with your username? #29
Stole mine from a Double Dragon villain I saw in a clip ad for a Double Dragon tournament fighter.  A year or two later our household got it's first PC, and my older half brother gave us Quake 1, set us up with Quakeworld and Quakespy, and told me I needed a name.  Seeing as I was thinking of a name for myself in a game where I shot people all day, it worked.  I just sorta carried it over when I started interacting with people on the rest of the internet.

Interesting note, I only own 1 firearm, and it's an old .22 rifle I inherited.  I haven't fired it since I was 13.