Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:01:32 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: You die in your sleep - how long til the body is found?  (Read 9767 times)

A sphere with points

• Paid
I'm unemployed currently.  My roommates are never around.  I don't know how long it takes for corpse-smell to become intolerable but they wouldn't call the landlord until a few days after that point. Something died in the lady susan last year and it was well over a week before anyone noticed (by that time you could not tell what it was.)

I’ll go with, say, 10 days.  Can anyone beat that time?

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
I'm unemployed currently.  My roommates are never around.  I don't know how long it takes for corpse-smell to become intolerable but they wouldn't call the landlord until a few days after that point. Something died in the lady susan last year and it was well over a week before anyone noticed (by that time you could not tell what it was.)

I’ll go with, say, 10 days.  Can anyone beat that time?
A sphere with points, March 10, 2015, 05:56:53 pm

you should go to church within ten days
chai tea latte I Liked That Joke Corn Syrup

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
  • My cat? Let me tell you about my cat...
Not until decomp has set in and my cat has been forced to eat most of my face, making people reluctant to adopt him.

I worry about this sometimes.
Caroline Baldr Maxine Headroom Runic A Whirring Bone-White Gleech Yavuz Shell Game

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
I've got two roommates and two cats, so it's going to be a contest of whether they can eat me faster than anyone can find me.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
I sleep standing up in the back of a Long John Silvers, so....

maybe 2 days?

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
I rent, so... 30 days, max.
Shell Game

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
If it's at the dorms, possibly a week or so, specifically because my mom tries to check in on me once a week and got notably freaked during a period where my phone was legitimately not receiving her calls. I'm on terrible terms with my roommates so they wouldn't bother to check on me, unless one of my alarms for getting me up for class went off for hours due to me being kind of dead. I have a friend who might try to check up on me as well but it would still be a few days.

if at home, probably a day, since even though I'm a heavy sleeper my mom would catch on within the day to me not responding to her at all.

goombapolice

• a muscular, cum producing MONSTER
  • Paid
My girlfriend would find me like immediately. I would feel so bad if she did. That would be awful.

Sovereign

• Self-proclaimed writer
  • Paid
  • none pizza left beef
You know I would say about 12 hours since I live with my parents and my mom is super paranoid about people dying in their sleep, but I've woken up on several occasions to my door being locked still from the previous night. That doesn't even seem to raise any concern. So I guess in all actuality it could take up to a little over a day.

Baldr

• Paid
My department would assume the worst if I missed a class without notification, and would probably send someone to my apartment before the day was over.  I don't teach during the summers though.  So anywhere from 4 hours to 40 days depending on the time of the year.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Instantaneously.

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
I'd say two days, maybe three. I'd say long enough for my cats to eat me, but my corpse probably won't be fancy enough food.

Edit: holy shit how did I post in this old ass thread what the fuuuck

lazzer grardaion?

• Paid
I'd say two days, maybe three. I'd say long enough for my cats to eat me, but my corpse probably won't be fancy enough food.

Edit: holy shit how did I post in this old ass thread what the fuuuck
M/fuk'n Sanguinary Novel, January 22, 2018, 09:28:06 pm

How long 'til the dead thread is found? Apparently two years and ten months, roughly. God, I didn't even notice the smell!
I Liked That Joke Caroline chai tea latte A Meat A Whirring Bone-White Gleech Macho Masc Sangy Savage Shell Game Ashto NutshellGulag RoeCocoa Yavuz cube abuser bubbleuj Mix Captain Nobeard

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
Probably a few hours because my mother's visiting me.

The Prufroquette

• Paid
I would have said a few days (I don't have any local family, my closest friends are scattered all over the U.S., and I'm a bit of a hermit) until the other week, when I was an hour late coming into work due to a doctor's appointment and one of my bosses texted me very worried that I'd been hit by a car. Very warm glowy feeling, realizing that my death wouldn't go unnoticed long enough for my cat to start eating me (which he has my full permission to do).

(It's an old thread but I'm new, so here I post.)
I Liked That Joke