Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:30:17 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: So Are We Gonna Get Another Episode or What  (Read 23757 times)

BomberJacket

• The Gilligan's Planet of Second Base
  • Paid
  • O give me a home where the Juffalos roam.
So Are We Gonna Get Another Episode or What #15
It seems like many of the topics covered donlt have room to expand. For instance: ice chewing. I chew ice, I realize that it's not normal, but I don't go on an ice chewing forum. That's like all there is to say about it unless you can find some kind of ice connaisseur.

Now that said, negative topics could work. You could find some ex-Childfree folks and ask them about what drew them to the community, what it was like, and why they decided to leave. Now it would be a one-sided discussion as these people would have reasons for leaving the community, but I'd definitely like to learn more about some of these communities.

nigeline

• Willy Dang Doodle
  • Paid
  • All you do is dump
So Are We Gonna Get Another Episode or What #16
I know some extreme fandom folks who probably would be interested in talking.

fireWARKs

• Oh great, you burned it.
  • Paid
  • GOOOOOOOOOOOON
I just finished listening to ALL THREE of the Irregular episodes and I really wish that you'd make more ;(

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
I know they wanted to do a brony episode but that fell through.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Yeah, and a couple of failed starts at a trans* episode as well.

Zekka

• I AM IN INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
  • Paid
Lemon, March 22, 2016, 12:17:00 pm

I used to know a couple people IRL who are into Irregular-tier stuff along these lines and the issue isn't that they're too fucked up and weird -- it's that they're too narcissistic to ever want to talk to. I'm going to guess that's very common!

Bodark

• Joan Ocean's #1 Fansquatch
  • Paid
  • I'm real and I tried to suck your dick.

I'd be game to be a part of a trans episode, if people are willing to put up with my horrible, horrible voice.

BTW, you don't need to put the asterisk after trans.

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
BTW, you don't need to put the asterisk after trans.
Bodark, March 22, 2016, 01:29:40 pm

Y'know, I think Gender Regex would be right up Tumblr's alley, actually.

junior associate faguar

• Frankly, an unreasonable level of uguu~
  • Paid
fuck you, my gender requires a context-free parser (i'm a pumping lemma-kin)
Gyro Nifty Nif Maxine Headroom

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Well, that's one reason why I think a trans episode would be both worth doing and very difficult to do.

I think the topic seems to have a whole lot of linguistic distinctions that I know I don't understand as well as I could, but I also know that a lot of those distinctions are dicey and personal, so it's the line of wanting to know more vs you did it all wrong.

Also, just to reiterate an earlier point, I'be given up on casting this thing myself. If there's interested parties with a decent headset and a willingness to record on a certain day, I'll take it from there.
Bodark Chupasaurus-Rex
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:57:34 pm by Lemon »

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
This is just a suggestion but why not do an episode about autism? It seems to be a recurring theme in some of the podcasts. And if so, I'll totally be a subject on the podcast.

As for trans people, I might know someone who might be interested

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Email is here.

Zekka

• I AM IN INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
  • Paid

I used to know a couple people IRL who are into Irregular-tier stuff along these lines and the issue isn't that they're too fucked up and weird -- it's that they're too narcissistic to ever want to talk to. I'm going to guess that's very common!
Zekka, March 22, 2016, 12:32:25 pm

FWIW I reread this post, and I'm pretty sure I came off as super shitty. I read "trans*" as "trans[something crazy]" (tumblr genders and sexualities, etc.) but it occurs to me now that "trans[anything, including normal things]" is probably what Lemon meant. Sorry to anyone not into the tumblr gender thing who I implied was too narcissistic to talk to. Unless you're demanding bun/bunself pronouns or something, it's overwhelmingly likely I didn't mean you.

junior associate faguar

• Frankly, an unreasonable level of uguu~
  • Paid
bun/rabbit/hareself