Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:03:53 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Favorite Running Gags / Callbacks / Meta Jokes?  (Read 44124 times)

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
Sometimes I have the occasion to wrap a piece of food in clingfilm and when I do I think of Roy.  That makes me happy.

Navigator

• Currently Sitting Way Too Close to a Toaster
  • Paid
  • I live inside of a tree and I don't need anybody.
F Plus Singularity moments might not count as a running joke, but they inspire the ugliest sort of joy in my soul. Portaxx wanting to hug things reminds me that there is some good in this world. My favorite running joke is totally slug voice, though. To this day, I still crack up listening to In The Family.

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
I have just now realized that **** always translating to "fuck" is still hilarious to me. INTERNET FUCKOGRAPHY

Sherlockian

• Library handwriting. Indexing. Abstracting. Alphabetizing. Filing.
  • Paid
  • File under Z695.95 S54
On a listening to the Christian BDSM again, I have to admit that I was amused by the reappearance of "Boots Raingear: VOICE OF THE SPEARHEAD".

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
F Plus Singularity moments might not count as a running joke, but they inspire the ugliest sort of joy in my soul. Portaxx wanting to hug things reminds me that there is some good in this world. My favorite running joke is totally slug voice, though. To this day, I still crack up listening to In The Family.
Navigator, March 04, 2014, 12:06:27 am

Thanks, dude! I keep looking for places to use it, but its hard to find the perfect opportunities.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
The main problem is that the voice doesn't lend itself well to anything more than interjections or extremely short sentences. So far that's been, what, the slug and sasquatch?

"YES"

"THANK YOU"

"MUCH GOOD"

"FRIEND"

"WE SEE YOU COME"

nilvoid

• FUCK COMPOSE FUCK MELODY
  • Paid
  • DEDICATED TO NO ONE THANKS TO NO ONE ART IS OVER
HOW MANY TIMES CAN I HAVE BUTTSEX WITH MY GIRLFRIEND

Runic

• Paid
nilvoid, March 11, 2014, 09:29:42 pm
Buttsex related in-jokes are the best in-jokes. Because even if you don't get the reference they are still funny because they are about sex and also butts, both of which are inherently funny.
McMillan and Waifu

nigeline

• Willy Dang Doodle
  • Paid
  • All you do is dump
nilvoid, March 11, 2014, 09:29:42 pm
Buttsex related in-jokes are the best in-jokes. Because even if you don't get the reference they are still funny because they are about sex and also butts, both of which are inherently funny.
Runic, March 11, 2014, 09:31:17 pm
So many truths in this post. Also, "how often" is such a messed up question - makes me wonder if this dude thinks there's quotas he needs to meet on everything.

Runic

• Paid
That joke has so many layers, really. It also involves a recurring theme of people who approach the internet kind of like the oracle of Delphi. They have a problem, so they just scream that problem at the internet and expect an answer to materialize on their screen from some platonic realm of pure truth. Of course, what actually happens is that their question is answered by a bunch of idiots who mash their hands against a keyboard until words come out, because that's how the internet actually works.
Tetriphile

Neal

So many truths in this post. Also, "how often" is such a messed up question - makes me wonder if this dude thinks there's quotas he needs to meet on everything.
nigeline, March 12, 2014, 01:41:55 am

I think he thinks there's a cool-down meter or something.

Ansemaru

• we put our faith in
  • Paid
  • blast hardcheese
Just remembered that I have a real fondness for any bit that involves a reader going "WEEDLY WEEDLY WEEDLY" about some kind of "mindblowing" revelation.

Kairamek

• Pedantotron
  • Paid
My favorite has been Boot's deadpan "Why are you laughing?" for a while.
Maxine Headroom

Mister Smalls

• Steampunk Evita original cast member
  • Paid
I don't know that this counts as a "running gag" per se, but I need somewhere to rave about Isfahan's amazingly specific impressions (Lou Fernandez in the plushophile episode, the lead singer of Linkin Park in the ice-chewers episode, etc.).  They're not necessarily good, but they're all really funny.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
nigeline, March 12, 2014, 01:41:55 am

I think he thinks there's a cool-down meter or something.
Neal, March 12, 2014, 02:40:12 pm

I like to think it's that he's convinced that there's a limited amount of times a girl can have monster cock before she explodes or something