Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:53:27 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread  (Read 1566191 times)

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
one thing I find weird is that thing where people with severe anxiety about talking to people in case they all hate them just make a really boring didactic meme instead. its not like people are going to like that one instead
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Wrought chai tea latte Yavuz

Hux

• i'm like jim jones but a girl
  • Paid
  • ouuuuuuuuuuughe
fondly remembering when i met a scientologist in the Magick section of powell's books who gave me a dirty look when i was talking shit about l ron hubbard. then i bought a david icke book that i gave to kumquat.

i still need to upload the pics i took there.

yes, there is so much of nothing happening that i keep remembering the only good thing that happened this year, before it all went to shit.
Dr. Buttplug Salubrious Rex

lazzer grardaion?

• Paid
So, I was thinking about this earlier.

There's a pokemon called Nidoran, which looks like a weird rabbit with a horn. Most pokemon designs wear their influences on their sleeve (like the pokemon 'Seel', which is a seal), but it wasn't obvious to me where it came from.
The initial thought I had was that it was based on the jackalope or wolpertinger, but those both have two horns, and as far as I know, are not well-known in Japan.

However, there is an Arabic myth about a one-horned rabbit called an Al-Mi'raj, and the Al-Mi'raj made its way into first-edition Dungeons & Dragons. Lots of Japanese RPGs in the '80s borrowed ideas from D&D, or borrowed from other media that borrowed from it, etc. One of the most popular of these was Dragon Quest.

Dragon Quest was an immediate inspiration for pokemon. In some of those games, you can recruit the monsters you defeat to join your party. It's very likely that pretty much everybody working on pokemon was at least aware of it. Starting with Dragon Quest III, the Al-Mi'raj has appeared regularly in the series, with a distinctive purple color!
So, although I don't have any concrete evidence, it seems very plausible that Nidoran was inspired by this mythological creature, by way of another popular Japanese RPG series. Also, both cute.
Penultimatum Seth "Slimy" Rollins Diploskull Dr. Buttplug Salubrious Rex Hux Yavuz A Meat three cats in a self-driving car sambair auaurorau Mr. Hunky Academia Shell Game Wrought xX_sp00ks_Xx Frank West

auaurorau

• Paid
i want to paint a moon but i don't know how. and i don't have paint, brushes, paper, or an easel

Ashto

• Paid
  • I don't even know anymore
one thing I find weird is that thing where people with severe anxiety about talking to people in case they all hate them just make a really boring didactic meme instead. its not like people are going to like that one instead
GirlKisser420, September 05, 2020, 06:30:25 am

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
Are you a student struggling to get through Precalculus? Let off some tension and learn easier with my lighthearted webcomic, Dinosaur Conics.

PS. A lot of plastic dinosaurs will die, MGS: Revengeance style.
chai tea latte RoeCocoa

Shell Game

• Fearless: The Fiscal Year of Shadow
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
GirlKisser420, September 05, 2020, 06:30:25 am
Well I guess we have one less way to communicate with people now. ;_;

lazzer grardaion?

• Paid
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM AN ADDRESS INTO THE URL FIELD. ITS BEE A ELL ELL PEE DOT EYE TEE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE RUNNING JOKES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN RIDICULIST, LEMON. I DO EVERY JOKE AND I DO EVERY JOKE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I DUNK ON SOME INEXPLICABLY RACIST NEW-AGE BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP A SIMPSONS REFERENCE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS FORUM. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY IT JOB AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN IT JOBS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng
xX_sp00ks_Xx Great Joe Penultimatum Shell Game chai tea latte moooo566 (taylor's version) three cats in a self-driving car Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Ashto kthorjensen Yavuz Hux Wrought Seth "Slimy" Rollins A Meat Vinny Possum Dr. Buttplug Lemon Frank West RoeCocoa

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
As sands through the hourglass....these are the cocks in our wives
xX_sp00ks_Xx Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Great Joe Dr. Buttplug Lemon Frank West Yavuz

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
There is no ad more cringingly pathetic than ones that use professional gamers and streamers to sell products
Penultimatum Shell Game three cats in a self-driving car Yavuz

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
There needs to be a sort of "cut your losses" chart that shows when you should give up trying to sleep and just accept your 24 hour punishment.
Salubrious Rex xX_sp00ks_Xx Yavuz

Great Joe

• Local good at video games be-er
  • Paid
  • Myahhh!
There is no ad more cringingly pathetic than ones that use professional gamers and streamers to sell products
Bobguinary Novel, September 07, 2020, 11:33:28 pm
My Fatal1ty rig, made entirely of Fatal1ty-endorsed parts, including the Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty edition, would like a word with you.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Bobguinary Novel, September 07, 2020, 11:33:28 pm
I still think Spotify's ads for itself are worse. Or at least less effective, I've never wanted to subscribe to a service less

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
They say you sing in the shower because it's just good acoustics. Too true. That's why record producers will just slap that stock-ass Realtek HD Audio "Bathroom" Reverb preset on the newest Bach CD compilation for that extra spice! Now that's what I call music.
lazzer grardaion? chai tea latte

Vinny Possum

• Garfield's cosmic love katana.
  • Paid
There needs to be a sort of "cut your losses" chart that shows when you should give up trying to sleep and just accept your 24 hour punishment.
Bobguinary Novel, September 08, 2020, 01:46:55 am

This usually coincides when I've started eating the tea leaves
chai tea latte Macho Masc Sangy Savage