Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:20:02 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: what's your poison (and by poison i mean delicious alcohol)  (Read 104413 times)

Glitterbomber

• Paid
Gin, nice heavy stouts, gin and tonics, gin gibsons, or nice and peaty scotch are all pretty much my favorite drinks

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
Saturday was a festival of Bourbon/Stout boilermakers and Karaoke.

Old_Zircon

• The phased-out byzantine devil.
  • Paid
I like Grimbergen. I know it's nothing special but it's pleasant.  Pretty much any variety of Piraat.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 10:16:36 pm by Old_Zircon »

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
I was a late bloomer when it came to booze (grad school brought it out in me, as it seems to for everyone), but I've found that I enjoy hard cider, rum and coke (or whiskey and coke, either way), and Riesling wine. I'm not much of a beer guy, but I had a couple of Sierra Nevadas recently (the Kölsch and the Kellerweis) that were really good.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
So I discovered that Schlenkerla makes several different varieties of Rauchbier, which is fucking bizarre.

Let me have a marzen made with EXTREMELY DARK SMOKY MALT: that won't change the character at all right?

And yet I love it all so very , very much

Mango Tango

• Paid
I have a bad habit of using non-mixer sodas as mixers. My current favorite being fire ball spiced rum and root beer.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
I have a bad habit of using non-mixer sodas as mixers. My current favorite being fire ball spiced rum and root beer.
Mango Tango, February 24, 2016, 09:14:50 pm
Rum and Root Beer is definitely a drink I'm guilty of loving.

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
I love me some Luksusowa Polish potato vodka. Or Sobieski grain vodka.

Either of them are less that $15 for a handle of amazingly smooth vodka. Seriously it's hard to outdo these two for excellent all-purpose vodka at rotgut prices.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 09:58:09 pm by Sherman Tank »

Laocius

• Paid
Mango Tango, February 24, 2016, 09:14:50 pm

This is how you invent awesome new drinks. I tried rum and malta goya a while ago and found it to be pretty tasty.

Triggerhappy938

• Victor-Puncher
  • Paid
  • The Geek-of-all-Trades
You know how usually when you work in an industry that serves food or beverage you get really tired of the stuff they serve at work?

Doesn't apply when you work at a liquor store.
Nifty Nif Ashto

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
You know how usually when you work in an industry that serves food or beverage you get really tired of the stuff they serve at work?

Triggerhappy938, March 09, 2016, 09:22:42 pm
Are you at one of those liquor stores where they give out samples of wine to get people to buy the $40 bottles??

Triggerhappy938

• Victor-Puncher
  • Paid
  • The Geek-of-all-Trades

Triggerhappy938, March 09, 2016, 09:22:42 pm
Are you at one of those liquor stores where they give out samples of wine to get people to buy the $40 bottles??
Nifty Nif, March 09, 2016, 09:32:16 pm

Yeah, except more like 20$ bottles. The liquor store I work in is in this weird bohemian nouveau riche hipster part of town, so people don't spend that big often. When they do, it is more often on scotch.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Hey look, it's a non-alcoholic wine that doesn't taste like ass!

http://www.alko.fi/en/products/525997/

I just wanted to post in this thread...

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
Mostly coconut malibu rum and Jaegermeister. I really like red wine but I don't drink it often recently.

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
I've been on antibiotics all week but I run out tonight and that means I can get druuunk this weekend!
Box wine is the best drunk-per-dollar in my opinion.  Perfect alcohol-to-nastiness ratio.  It's what I drink at home.  Or I'll make some kind of liqueur highball if I'm feeling fancy (campari-soda, cynar-soda, grand marnier and cream soda, etc).

If I'm out drinking, my poison is trying to order a negroni or a daiquiri by ingredients, drinking one over stale ice, and then giving up and ordering a can of PBR.