Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:05:41 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 236: Mana From Heathens  (Read 52213 times)

Ashto

• Paid
  • I don't even know anymore
236: Mana From Heathens #45
Soylent + vodka is basically like a mudslide . Tricky to get the mix right, though.

Actually, the mudslide is what you call what happens after drinking that.
xX_sp00ks_Xx Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Yavuz Dawnswalker Saoirse-Lilith Gyro Nikaer Drekin Eider Duck NutshellGulag chai tea latte Moose SuperTrainStationH Nifty Nif nuffkins, of all people, Sherman Tank

Dawnswalker

• Paid
236: Mana From Heathens #46
i have a lot of Things To Say about soylent but ultimately i'm a bit confused by it. nutritionally complete foodliquids already exist and are used in hospital, either given orally, through a nasogastric tube or intravenously in the form of parenteral nutrition. while it isnt the best to rely on them permanently, you can subsist on them for years at least.
Megacrex inepta, December 20, 2016, 04:42:53 am

Real Talk: My brother actually bought some Soylent for his girlfriend's father, who actually has the kind of gastrointestinal issues that liquid food supplements (the kind made by people who know what they're doing) are supposed to help. Next time I talk to him, I'm going to ask him how that turned out.

I do know that her father is still alive!

Vinny Possum

• Garfield's cosmic love katana.
  • Paid
236: Mana From Heathens #47
Imagine a reality show where the Soylent Founder and the dozerfleet founder compete to see who can act like a human the longest in a social setting.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Shigan A Meat Sherman Tank Corn Syrup Yavuz Lemon Wyst JonRG Captain Nobeard Avian Saoirse-Lilith Gyro junior associate faguar I Liked That Joke Liatai RoeCocoa chai tea latte Moose Nifty Nif Down10 AlbieQuirky nuffkins, of all people, NotHelpingMatters Shell Game

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
236: Mana From Heathens #48
I keep checking this thread expecting to see a drawing of the Hawaiian Punch mascot, holding a bottle of Soylent as he surfs on a wave of thick green gas that's coming out of his own butt, and the caption "RIDE THE GREEN STINK WAVE".
Lemon, December 19, 2016, 09:16:22 am

Fine, I can make this happen:

Corn Syrup GirlKisser420 Yavuz Achilles' Heelies Avian Saoirse-Lilith Captain Nobeard Sherman Tank BARK RANGER A Meat Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop MyFaceBeHi Lemon Vinny Possum Glitterbomber Goose Goose Honk At Me Now marxcarl Boots Raingear STOG RoeCocoa JonRG chai tea latte Nikaer Drekin Moose Eider Duck Nifty Nif Down10 AlbieQuirky Positronic Dawnswalker nuffkins, of all people, NotHelpingMatters

Glitterbomber

• Paid
236: Mana From Heathens #49
at this point I wanna talk to this guy just to find out what the fuck happened to him because this doesn't come from a natural place

SuperTrainStationH

• Paid
236: Mana From Heathens #50
I've known about Soylent for quite a while, but nothing more than that it was "food replacement product" or something I heard called a "sustenance paste".

I was even passively interested in it, but never enough to bother looking into it.

I'm absolutely astounded, I would have never imagined it had this much insanity surrounding it, with ROUTINE incidents of defective/infested/corrupted food products, ROUTINE reports of the food causing illness and not even satisfying hunger, and an entire community of deluded partisans defending the product and continuing to consume it in spite of it causing continued illness.

Yeah.

accepting change

• Paid
236: Mana From Heathens #51

cashmir sweaters

• Paid
236: Mana From Heathens #52
@weeaboo has done a really good job of documenting some of /r/soylent

https://twitter.com/weeaboo/status/773506306623860736

https://twitter.com/search?q=soylent%20from%3Aweeaboo&src=typd
Megacrex inepta, December 25, 2016, 01:49:10 am

Jesus this one, Vitamin A toxicity is baaaad for baby these goddamned people!!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/weeaboo/status/803251143774261249

cashmir sweaters

• Paid
236: Mana From Heathens #53
Listening to this again and I love how these people have overcome the basic instinct to not eat foods that have previously made them sick. That's an instinct nearly universal to all mammals!* good job overcoming millions of years of evolution I guess.

*vampire bats are the only non-idiot exception, presumably because fresh blood doesn't ever go off
Corn Syrup NotHelpingMatters

Dawnswalker

• Paid
236: Mana From Heathens #54
i have a lot of Things To Say about soylent but ultimately i'm a bit confused by it. nutritionally complete foodliquids already exist and are used in hospital, either given orally, through a nasogastric tube or intravenously in the form of parenteral nutrition. while it isnt the best to rely on them permanently, you can subsist on them for years at least.

Real Talk: My brother actually bought some Soylent for his girlfriend's father, who actually has the kind of gastrointestinal issues that liquid food supplements (the kind made by people who know what they're doing) are supposed to help. Next time I talk to him, I'm going to ask him how that turned out.

Dawnswalker, December 20, 2016, 01:58:56 pm

Special Xmas Update

1) Her father did receive a few pouches of the powdered Soylent, but only used one, since "it tasted like pancake batter." (I didn't mention The FPlus at all, so this was an unsolicited reaction.)
2) My brother took the remaining pouches and tried it himself, and said it was also really thick and gross.
3) There may still be unprepared pouches of Soylent 1.? at my brother's apartment, waiting to be sold to Redditors for potentially hundreds of dollars, if I want nerd blood on my hands.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Nifty Nif

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
236: Mana From Heathens #55

Dawnswalker, December 20, 2016, 01:58:56 pm

Special Xmas Update

1) Her father did receive a few pouches of the powdered Soylent, but only used one, since "it tasted like pancake batter." (I didn't mention The FPlus at all, so this was an unsolicited reaction.)
2) My brother took the remaining pouches and tried it himself, and said it was also really thick and gross.
3) There may still be unprepared pouches of Soylent 1.? at my brother's apartment, waiting to be sold to Redditors for potentially hundreds of dollars, if I want nerd blood on my hands.
Dawnswalker, December 25, 2016, 02:21:47 pm

Make that awful brownie recipe for ballp.it. Please. I'll donate $25 to a charity of your choice if you make and take photos of that monstrosity.
Yavuz AlbieQuirky

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
236: Mana From Heathens #56
A Facebook friend posted about Soylent, because apparently he hadn't heard about it, and was getting ads for it. One of his other friends said in the comments that her sister likes Soylent, and brought some of it when she went to Burning Man.

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
236: Mana From Heathens #57
A Facebook friend posted about Soylent, because apparently he hadn't heard about it, and was getting ads for it. One of his other friends said in the comments that her sister likes Soylent, and brought some of it when she went to Burning Man.
Yavuz Sultan Selim, January 13, 2017, 01:34:06 pm
That feels really weird, because Soylent and Burning Man seem like they're for diametrically-opposed types of insufferable white people.

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
236: Mana From Heathens #58
That feels really weird, because Soylent and Burning Man seem like they're for diametrically-opposed types of insufferable white people.
Cleretic, January 13, 2017, 05:30:24 pm

Burning Man gets grandfathered in to Silicon Valley culture because it's been a thing since back when all the computer industry guys were hippie beardo dropout types.
Yavuz

duz

• Paid
236: Mana From Heathens #59
Cleretic, January 13, 2017, 05:30:24 pm

Burning Man gets grandfathered in to Silicon Valley culture because it's been a thing since back when all the computer industry guys were hippie beardo dropout types.
Cock Vore leads to Sherman Tank, January 13, 2017, 06:12:00 pm

Also Burning Man has changed a lot, Grover Norquist is a regular there now.
cashmir sweaters Yavuz