Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:05:38 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: what's your poison (and by poison i mean delicious alcohol)  (Read 104223 times)

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Beefeater is solid. If you're looking for even cheaper New Amsterdam isn't bad, but the trade-off for less rubbing alcohol burn is a slightly sweet orange taste? It's hard to explain. Any cheaper than that you might as well just get vodka
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:08:34 am by Bobguinary Novel »

Neal

Beefeater is solid. If you're looking for even cheaper New Amsterdam isn't bad, but the trade-off for less rubbing alcohol burn is a slightly sweet orange taste? It's hard to explain. Any cheaper than that you might as well just get vodka
Bobguinary Novel, July 16, 2019, 12:06:00 am

Is Beefeater sufficiently superior to Seagram's Distiller's Reserve that it would be worth paying the $8 more for the same proof and quantity?

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
Hey, folks, recommend me a gin that is good Neal, July 15, 2019, 10:27:48 pm
This part alone is impossible.

Neal

Hey, folks, recommend me a gin that is good Neal, July 15, 2019, 10:27:48 pm
This part alone is impossible.
Shell Game, July 16, 2019, 02:34:33 am

Tell you what: you don't tell me what to drink, I won't tell you what to drink.
Sherman Tank chai tea latte

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Almost every Dogfish Head beer I've had, including the dragon fruit one, has been really good. I'm a big fan of the Sea Quench Ale for the summer, and the Super Eight gose I've been drinking is great too.

I really hope they aren't like Rogue Brewing and ran by turbo assholes
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

Neal

Almost every Dogfish Head beer I've had, including the dragon fruit one, has been really good. I'm a big fan of the Sea Quench Ale for the summer, and the Super Eight gose I've been drinking is great too.

Bobguinary Novel, July 27, 2019, 02:03:14 am

I have bad news: they were bought by the company that owns Samuel Adams/Angry Orchard in May.

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕

Bobguinary Novel, July 27, 2019, 02:03:14 am

I have bad news: they were bought by the company that owns Samuel Adams/Angry Orchard in May.
Neal, July 27, 2019, 02:18:18 am

FFFUUUUUCCCKKKKK PISS FUCK SHIT GODDAMN IT SOUNAVABITCH.FUCK

Why that company especially?! UGH. I know "No ethical consumption under capitalism" but I can't knowingly consume things that aren't necessary. First a transphobic CEO cuts me off from my favorite tea, then I find out Haribo is made with slave labor, now this! RABBLE, RABBLE RABBLE

Neal

Got some Bombay Sapphire yesterday, have been having gin and tonic. Not sure what the fuss is about - they're okay, not amazing.
Macho Masc Sangy Savage

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Got some Bombay Sapphire yesterday, have been having gin and tonic. Not sure what the fuss is about - they're okay, not amazing.
Neal, August 01, 2019, 10:56:19 pm

The thing that spoiled Sapphire for me was realizing it tastes very similar to regular gin with Angostura bitters. What's been your favorite gin so far?

Neal

Neal, August 01, 2019, 10:56:19 pm

The thing that spoiled Sapphire for me was realizing it tastes very similar to regular gin with Angostura bitters. What's been your favorite gin so far?
Bobguinary Novel, August 01, 2019, 11:46:59 pm

This is the first gin I've had specifically for the purpose of trying gin. Before this, the only thing I've had is The Botanist, which is in no way representative of traditional gin.

Neal

Well, that's a bummer, but it's not my favorite brand anyway, so not a huge loss to me personally.

https://twitter.com/BenjaminAhr/status/1161316045262426112

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Drinking responsibly is always a real bummer. I know there's no ethical consumption under capitalism, but you can make an argument for things like your cell phone that you can't for your favorite poison

Neal

I just learned of the existence of the caipiroska, and I'm a huge fan. Especially because I have a couple in me right now.
GirlKisser420 chai tea latte

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
I just learned of the existence of the caipiroska, and I'm a huge fan. Especially because I have a couple in me right now.
Neal, August 18, 2019, 10:17:04 pm

2 oz Vodka
1 oz Simple syrup (or 1 tbsp granulated white sugar)
1 Lime, cut in quarters

Sounds legit

Neal

Neal, August 18, 2019, 10:17:04 pm

2 oz Vodka
1 oz Simple syrup (or 1 tbsp granulated white sugar)
1 Lime, cut in quarters

Sounds legit
Bobguinary Novel, August 18, 2019, 10:19:28 pm

Yeah, although I used turbinado sugar instead of refined.