Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:49:30 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: what's your poison (and by poison i mean delicious alcohol)  (Read 109227 times)

Trav

• Winner of Karaoke - 2016 and 2017
  • Paid
I usually go with hard ciders and dark beers. Often mixing them into a poor man's Black Velvet.

Or, I go for a good malt liquor, because I'm fucking trash in the best ways possible.

Vinny Possum

• Garfield's cosmic love katana.
  • Paid
Bailey's in my coffee baby. Getting ready for the hell that is Christmas Eve retail.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Trav

Saoirse-Lilith

• Paid
Made Hot Buttered Rum for the first time. Oh my God, I can't stop drinking it.

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Continuing the trend of shit alcohol, this Madria Sangria. It's like Boones Farm's fancier cousin, but it's still labelled "Wine Specialty Beverage" so you're not fooling anyone """""sangria""""

Vinny Possum

• Garfield's cosmic love katana.
  • Paid
Vending machine Tsingtao

cashmir sweaters

• Paid
I got a lot of beer for Christmas

Eider Duck

• Eats nothing but mussels
  • Paid
  • And has weird corkscrew genitals
I love alcohol, from both a scientific point of view and a drinking point of view. Beer's my drink of choice, especially craft beer, but I'm not really picky. I'm lucky that I live near a brewery (that do some great beers) and at certain times of the day you can smell the hops as you walk down the street.  I've really fallen in love with the beers from Innis & Gunn, especially the ones that they age in spirit caskets. I also occasionally drink Brew Dog because they're local to me.

I've made Chinese rice wine before as well. It tastes nice, easy to ferment and keeps well in the fridge so it's handy for cooking.

bubbleuj

• Paid
If anyone has not tried Boodles, then they must.

It's an over proof gin. It's great.

It's probably just a matter of taste but seriously try it so fuckin good.

blunge

• Paid
Bellinis/Mimosas particularly in summer. It's not Christmas without a Mimosa. Yum.

Shell Game

• Fearless: The Fiscal Year of Shadow
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
Beer: Filbert brown ale.
Harder alcohol: Bourbon

I can't touch gin though. It really is more poison than pleasure for me.

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
Straight Irish cream is excellent.

duz

• Paid
If anyone has not tried Boodles, then they must.

It's an over proof gin. It's great.

It's probably just a matter of taste but seriously try it so fuckin good.
bubbleuj, January 17, 2017, 10:40:49 pm

I keep a bottle of Plymouth's navy gin for when I want that extra kick of 114 proof alcohol.

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
Allagash Saison is a really good beer. This is what I was drinking for Extra Credit's latest episode.
A Whirring Bone-White Gleech

Saoirse-Lilith

• Paid
Picked up a bottle of Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye on Friday because it was on sale and I've heard good things about it. So far I'm really impressed. It's a really good whisky served neat and it was only 35 bucks. I also got a bottle of Glenlivet Founder's Reserve Single Malt Scotch. It's not too bad, but I wish it had a bit more to it. After I graduate I'm getting myself some higher tier scotch, like 80 to 100 bucks. If anyone here has some scotch input I'd love to hear it, I've been putting off buying a good bottle for a while now because I just don't know what to commit to.

Eider Duck

• Eats nothing but mussels
  • Paid
  • And has weird corkscrew genitals
Picked up a bottle of Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye on Friday because it was on sale and I've heard good things about it. So far I'm really impressed. It's a really good whisky served neat and it was only 35 bucks. I also got a bottle of Glenlivet Founder's Reserve Single Malt Scotch. It's not too bad, but I wish it had a bit more to it. After I graduate I'm getting myself some higher tier scotch, like 80 to 100 bucks. If anyone here has some scotch input I'd love to hear it, I've been putting off buying a good bottle for a while now because I just don't know what to commit to.
screaminghobo, April 16, 2017, 05:08:59 pm

I hear the word "scotch" and came running. I live in Scotland, so my recommendations might not be as readily available where you are, but I'll try and give some general advice.

The problem with Scottish whiskey is that often you're just paying for the brand. The manufacturing process is similar for all of them, apart from some differences like the barrels its aged in and whatnot. Your price range is sensible, and you could get a decent single malt whiskey for that price. For recommendations, I quite like Chivas Regal 12, but single malts are usually nicer than blended whiskeys in general.

Also, some Scottish whiskeys are "smoky" tasting due to peat being used when the grains are malted. It's a love it or hate it thing, from my experience, so you might buy a full bottle of it and hate the taste.Get some minatures if you can, so you can try before you buy. Alot of whiskeys from the Western isles are often smoked due to more peat being available than on the mainland. The Arran 10 year old malt is what I'd recommend.

I hope some of this was useful!
Ashto SHAMBA~1.SBB
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 06:26:53 pm by Eider Duck »