Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:25:09 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 309: !sleep  (Read 26474 times)

Vinny Possum

• Garfield's cosmic love katana.
  • Paid
309: !sleep #30
My favorite part of this ep was Isfahan getting mad about inaccuracies in how assassinations work, like he's an old hand at it.

Now I'm apprehensive about what he does for a living.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
309: !sleep #31
That's not how you kill!

...er, a gun. That's not how you kill a gun.

ClaraTinSoldier

• Professional Cool Guy
  • Paid
309: !sleep #32
My favorite part of this ep was Isfahan getting mad about inaccuracies in how assassinations work, like he's an old hand at it.

Now I'm apprehensive about what he does for a living.
Vinny Possum, August 28, 2019, 09:18:51 pm

he is/was a member of the armed forces. he kills people with guns.

KendrickLobstar

• Paid
  • 69 year old father to a bunch of shit goth sons
309: !sleep #33
I fondly remember the days of assassination school in the Army where an extremely skilled Master Sergeant would instruct us on leaving behind as much evidence as possible, and remind us to run away without our boots

clearly that author had the same prestigious instructors
Deep 13

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
309: !sleep #34
I fondly remember the days of assassination school in the Army where an extremely skilled Master Sergeant would instruct us on leaving behind as much evidence as possible, and remind us to run away without our boots

clearly that author had the same prestigious instructors
KendrickLobstar, August 28, 2019, 10:29:08 pm

I'm not going anywhere with you.
SHAMBA~1.SBB A Meat KendrickLobstar Mix chai tea latte Monkey’s Paw Wish KingKalamari

Classic Beef

• Paid
309: !sleep #35
How can these be SO BOOOOORRRRIIINNGGG
chai tea latte, August 26, 2019, 08:44:56 pm

When they first mentioned that every post on nosleep is treated as real, I thought that could be a cool idea.  However, that invalidates the whole purpose of a good horror story.  Any good horror story makes you question your own reality or a truth of society, without a required rule.  The rules of nosleep mean that authors just assume their story is breaking the reality of the reader.  As a result, these writers just fill the story with as many irrelevant details because they do not need to define or support the horror element that breaks the reader's reality.  They write so much because they know the highly upvoted stories have a bunch of words.  So they end up pushing the horror into the background or not even having horror (like the hitman stories).   
SHAMBA~1.SBB Seth "Slimy" Rollins
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 04:24:29 pm by Classic Beef »

Dawnswalker

• Paid
309: !sleep #36
I was thinking that maybe the Banana Story could actually be onto something, until I realized that it was basically what The Langoliers would have been if it took place in some nerd's kitchen and if a touch of cocaine hadn't been involved.

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
309: !sleep #37
SHAMBA~1.SBB GirlKisser420 Immoral Filth

Diploskull

• Paid
309: !sleep #38
I listen to the nosleep podcast, mostly out of habit at this point. The stories they read on there are better, but also a lot are really stupid. There was a recent one about a teacher who wore a yellow shirt, a student called him Mr banana. He then slowly went mad calling himself Mr. Banana and cooking banana bread for his class that eventually included his hair, nail clippings, and blood. Then he got fired and tried to peel himself.
Wrought xX_sp00ks_Xx SHAMBA~1.SBB Classic Beef Penultimatum Hux

Dawnswalker

• Paid
309: !sleep #39
I'm bored and I've been drinking, so everyone post your actual favourite creepypasta because I know you've got 'em.

Despite the framing device, I unironically like Pale Luna because (and this is the missing link in a lot of these stories) it's actually written like a real short story.
eldritchhat

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
309: !sleep #40
It's a bit messy cause it was a series of posts on 4chan's "paranormal" board, but the Goatman story is one of the few that actually works for me.
Hux NutshellGulag

Hux

• i'm like jim jones but a girl
  • Paid
  • ouuuuuuuuuuughe
309: !sleep #41
creepypastas have a special place in my heart. i don’t actually like any of them anymore since they take me back to middle school and that was a dark time. naturally i graduated to nosleep at some point.

i have a list of nosleep stories that i really like, i used to frequent the place way back when.
there’s a few that are pretty popular, like penpal and borrasca. i enjoyed both, personally.
one of my favorites is the spire in the woods, which isn’t framed like reddit posts but rather like an actual story. there’s also this one series about this guy that keeps finding staircases in the woods, i think the series is informally called search and rescue woods? but yeah that one is super cool and one of the best premises i’ve seen for a horror mystery series. the infected town series was also pretty cool but it got way out of hand and eventually just became too tedious to follow.
the lily madwhip series is good in its own right, even if it’s cheesy. one of the few original ideas on there that isn’t super edgy. i feel like most of the good nosleep posts are the ones that don’t fit the intended format where everyone’s supposed to play along. there are exceptions to this, though. i gotta find that list i made because it was pretty extensive.

also i gotta agree with milkshake, the goatman greentext series was really awesome and i really like the way that story was told. it’s a good format that seems like it would be a joke but it was executed really well. there was a weird realism to the way it was told that i can’t explain. in general /x/ is a trashfire but it does spawn some interesting content from time to time.

yes i spent my entire junior and senior years of high school reading nosleep and i’m sad that it went downhill after becoming really popular. that probably sounds pretentious. but it was so much easier to wade through the terrible shit to find the good stuff(there’s always been terrible shit on there).
i have a massive amount of knowledge on internet horror stories and ARGs. yes, finally my useless collection of spoopy internet tales will be useful.
GirlKisser420

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
309: !sleep #42
SCP-087 was the one that you could point at and say "some of these are good" but it seems more and more the outlier. Creepy Pasta, much like fan fiction, has to be sectioned off from capital F fiction because 99% of it is doo doo garbage.

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
309: !sleep #43
SCP-087 was the one that you could point at and say "some of these are good" but it seems more and more the outlier. Creepy Pasta, much like fan fiction, has to be sectioned off from capital F fiction because 99% of it is doo doo garbage.
Dr. Buttplug, September 26, 2019, 08:43:43 am

SCP-093, SCP-035, SCP-140 and SCP-701 are also some of the better ones. I find that the SCPs were at their best when they focused on being inexplicable and conveying the sense that there's a much larger story of which the reader is only getting a small chunk rather than trying too hard to be edgy, spooky or dangerous.

I remember the last time I went through the SCP archives I was disappointed by how many of the entries were just "It's some kind of thing that injects an egg into people like a parasitic wasp", which is an admittedly scary concept, but not one that needed to be repeated in every fifth SCP.

Another favorite is SCP-1171, though that one is far more jokey than the standard entry.

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
309: !sleep #44
The best scps are just the weird benign ones, like the vending machine that gives you weird shit depending on what you put into it that has like an entire page of results. The worst ones are the ones where people try and expand on the "lore" by bringing up stuff like the Church of the Broken God or other recurring elements. The best part of scps is that you just get a short ~500 word concept piece that you get to think about on your own terms, when people try and put them into their own stories it just turns out bad.
Hux NutshellGulag