Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:55:55 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Favorite Running Gags / Callbacks / Meta Jokes?  (Read 44133 times)

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
It doesn't really count as a running gag or anything, but I am filled with joy whenever a Ridiculist says "goddamnit".

It really could be an alternate slogan for the whole show. "The F Plus: Goddamnit."

memorylikeasieve

• *SQUEAK!*
  • Paid
  • "If you're white, see a doctor."
The crickets.  The crickets kill me every time.  Also, for some reason, whenever Portaxx goes 'rarararararararararar."

I'm very easily amused.

Knitting Machine

• Paid
  • Buried in Yarn
COMPLETELY WRAPPED IN CLING FLIM

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
I'm a sucker for any exchange that goes something like this:
Ridiculist reading post: "I enjoy the graceful presence of cats, and the effervescent pleasures of a dog's joy. I have few vices, although I have a penchant for cake and I do sometimes write in a long-winded and purple prose manner."
Ridiculist #2, no hesitation: "Yeah you do."

Like that whole "Yeah it is." "Yeah you are." instantly and without having to think about it thing. It's not a running joke so much as a mannerism but I can't stop myself from giggling every time.

Deep 13

• Paid
I'm a sucker for any exchange that goes something like this:
Ridiculist reading post: "I enjoy the graceful presence of cats, and the effervescent pleasures of a dog's joy. I have few vices, although I have a penchant for cake and I do sometimes write in a long-winded and purple prose manner."
Ridiculist #2, no hesitation: "Yeah you do."

Like that whole "Yeah it is." "Yeah you are." instantly and without having to think about it thing. It's not a running joke so much as a mannerism but I can't stop myself from giggling every time.
Gyro, November 04, 2015, 10:32:46 am

Yeah, totally. Like from the How to Listen to a Podcast Your Parents Hate:

Lemon: HEY, YOU KINDA LOOK LIKE SCARLETT JOHANSSON SOMETIMES!

Boots: Thanks, Lemon!

That exchange gets me every time!

Fanzay

• Failson Prime
  • Paid
  • Turned on is the wrong word
In the same vein, when a ridiculist just takes an intro to a piece and just fucking runs with it:

Lemon: "Hey Adam, do you know how to send dirty texts?"
Adam: "Not really"
Kumquat, without missing a beat: "This explains so much! I, I, you never responded"
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 08:04:57 am by Fanzay »

Ambious

Anytime someone (usually Lemon) goes "Yaaaaay!"

goombapolice

• a muscular, cum producing MONSTER
  • Paid
"out of all the things that never happened, this never happened the least" cracks me the fuck up every time. It's always preceded by some fantastical bullshit

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
In a similar vein to the last thing I said, "You're not wrong! Boy are you not wrong!"

Ambious

Also, not exactly a gag/callback/meta joke, but whenever anyone reads something and suddenly stops because they realize what the next sentence is, I don't know why but I found that extremely funny.

Positronic

• You told a squash lie!
  • Paid
  • You broke a squash promise!
Kumquat's kumquatting around whatever website is the focus of the episode. Particularly when he's being quiet until someone else says "What the fuck did Kumquat just find?".
Gyro

TurkeyPopulationGuessingMan

• Got an A in Chicken Nuggets
  • Paid
Monster cock replacing monster cock. More so a forum thing, but it needs to happen more in the shows.

Neal

Kumquat's kumquatting around whatever website is the focus of the episode. Particularly when he's being quiet until someone else says "What the fuck did Kumquat just find?".
Positronic, November 07, 2015, 05:15:36 pm

I enjoy that at least two of the ridiculists have become verbs over the course of the podcast.

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
I really love when ridiculists turn the usual plug for ballp.it into something else or just straight up mocking the idea of plugging the forum.

Like when something about finding horny sluts (or something along those lines) was mentioned, Boots or someone immediately said "You can find them on Ballllllpit!" in a hilarious Lemon imitation.

Ambious

I really love when ridiculists turn the usual plug for ballp.it into something else or just straight up mocking the idea of plugging the forum.

Like when something about finding horny sluts (or something along those lines) was mentioned, Boots or someone immediately said "You can find them on Ballllllpit!" in a hilarious Lemon imitation.
Sherman Tank, November 12, 2015, 01:27:37 pm

Also every time someone makes fun of Lemon for pushing Flatter or whatever the heck that thing was they were making fun of him for.