Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:54:31 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 212: History of the Dozerfleet Part 2  (Read 43940 times)

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
103 episodes later, I finally understand Lemon's "when you kissed he kissed they kissed" joke from Your Role Is Played Out
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Lemon Really_Quite_Nice

dractivisionary

• Paid
This episode continues one of my favorite conventions: Frank West does the girl voices and Portaxx does the boy voices.  What were you using for the karaoke?
I went back and listened to Dozerfleet 1, too.  A Dozerfleet marathon episode would be pretty cool as like a live event or something.  Frank West and Lemon are the only ridiculists in both!  How do y'all feel after exploring the... breadth of this guy's work?

This guy seems to have nothing other than his own extremely bmonster cock suburban experiences to draw from.  His honesty is refreshing, but his total lack of self-awareness is bizarre, and his desire to publish every idea he has ever had is... well, I guess understandable if he has nothing else going on.  Maybe I'm being overly charitable.  It was a fantastic episode, anyway.
Nifty Nif, May 24, 2016, 07:26:19 pm

I'm pretty sure that Veggie Tales is the basis of, well, his entire psyche, I guess. Nothing else can explain why he keeps imagining boring-as-shit moralizing TV shows about kids who are inanimate objects / geometry clusterfucks.
Gyro, May 25, 2016, 10:36:43 am
Veggie Tales! Why didn't I think of this. Me and my sister used to watch this all the time when we were kids. Not sure why as our family is not really religious (besides celebrating religious holidays like Easter or hanukkah).

Down10

• Square Pusher
  • Paid
Dozerfleet is certainly a head case of because he seems to want to be three separate things:
  • An artist/author/producer/creator/editor/show-runner under the Dozerfleet umbrella. His output seems to be sorely lacking on this front.
  • The head of the Dozerfleet fan club, which documents everything that is (not) produced by Dozerfleet in great detail.
  • A toxic conservative ideologue, as observed from his personal Facebook page, and not-so-subtly in his wiki article writing.
He is very accomplished on the fan club aspect, but he somehow skipped the part of actually putting in the working hours to produce these beloved creations.

Which brings up the third aspect, which probably explains why he hasn't created too much. A big part of being a successful creator is learning what makes something appealing, interacting with other creators and editors, testing ideas and refining them, growing as an artist. He hasn't done that, and his obviously toxic anti-social personality will make it unlikely for him to gain contacts or help from possible advisors. He complains about liberal media indoctrination, yet he clearly is inspired by popular media and desires to create his own brand of media that would push his own personal agenda. Maybe if he stopped railing against the Crooked Rainbow and started working on and defining his creations beyond wiki articles, he would get where he wants to be, but it would take a certain amount of self-awareness, humility, and willingness to learn. This doesn't seem to be a priority for him, because most of his perspiration seems to be on wiki maintenance.

Great episode, guys!
TheCrawlingChaos STOG cube abuser Nifty Nif McMillan and Waifu strifeheart Sherman Tank

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
You think he'd make more if it turned out there were people interested in consuming it? Because I'd probably watch stationery voyagers out of morbid curiosity, if that's enough.

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
This guy seems to have nothing other than his own extremely bmonster cock suburban experiences to draw from.  His honesty is refreshing, but his total lack of self-awareness is bizarre, and his desire to publish every idea he has ever had is... well, I guess understandable if he has nothing else going on.  Maybe I'm being overly charitable.  It was a fantastic episode, anyway.

Let's not forget the man is violently homophobic, a little more than a tad racist, and an incredibly creepy stalker who likes to have women sold, raped and beheaded in his writing, because they're sluts (and he wrote them that way). Fantastic episode, yes, but I feel like you missed the bit where he uses his weird pen and trapezoid stories as a way to push his kind of horrifying agenda of revenge fantasies.
moooo566, May 25, 2016, 03:41:39 am

Yikes!  I was being overly charitable.  Thanks for the reminder.  I wouldn't say I missed it, I just opted not to discuss it here.  Sorry to appear as if I was endorsing his ideas, which I agree are 100% reprehensible.  His misogyny, racism, and homophobia that he wraps into all of the plots of his stories are horrifying.  That's not really an adequate word to describe it, but that's the best I have right now.

To elaborate, the "desire to publish every idea he has" was a half-formed thought that stemmed from me thinking about his loneliness, his incredibly narrow echo chamber, and doing some armchair psychology about his (likely) conservative upbringing and why all of his stories are violent revenge fantasies.  I suppose I was musing about why his thoughts (which aren't all that different from your average reprehensible creep's) absolutely had to be preserved in wiki form.  I really apologize for giving him the benefit of the doubt, it was uncalled-for.  I should have thought that through before posting it.  I clearly still haven't thought it all the way through.  Anyway, my bad.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:15:50 pm by Nifty Nif »

McMillan and Waifu

• Paid
  • ruining the black metal scene worldwide
I've actually read a little bit of his stuff he wrote as prose, and it's weirdly surreal.  There's nothing overtly wrong with it, but the sense I got from reading it was that he doesn't really have original thoughts.
EYE OF ZA, May 25, 2016, 04:38:59 am

Let's not forget the man is violently homophobic, a little more than a tad racist, and an incredibly creepy stalker who likes to have women sold, raped and beheaded in his writing, because they're sluts (and he wrote them that way).

"There is an idea of Dozerfleet. Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real him. Only an entity, something illusory."
cube abuser Gyro Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Lemon

Positronic

• You told a squash lie!
  • Paid
  • You broke a squash promise!
Bahh, there are too many things I wanted to draw from this episode! But I decided to go with the frogs because they seemed cute.

I'd kind of love to watch Dozerfleet give his Trapezoid Kids-filled powerpoint presentation on Captain Planet misinforming children about HIV. From a safe distance, because I'm sure he starts frothing at the mouth whenever he says "AIDS!".
Zekka One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes Nifty Nif Sherman Tank chai tea latte Macho Masc Sangy Savage Ashto Lemon Frank West Down10 Digital Walnut Caroline STOG Knitting Machine Gyro Aljonso CapitalN Yavuz McMillan and Waifu goombapolice Captain Nobeard montrith Really_Quite_Nice Maxine Headroom

Zekka

• I AM IN INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
  • Paid

Let's not forget the man is violently homophobic, a little more than a tad racist, and an incredibly creepy stalker who likes to have women sold, raped and beheaded in his writing, because they're sluts (and he wrote them that way). Fantastic episode, yes, but I feel like you missed the bit where he uses his weird pen and trapezoid stories as a way to push his kind of horrifying agenda of revenge fantasies.

Yikes!  I was being overly charitable.  Thanks for the reminder.  I wouldn't say I missed it, I just opted not to discuss it here.  Sorry to appear as if I was endorsing his ideas, which I agree are 100% reprehensible.  His misogyny, racism, and homophobia that he wraps into all of the plots of his stories are horrifying.  That's not really an adequate word to describe it, but that's the best I have right now.

To elaborate, the "desire to publish every idea he has" was a half-formed thought that stemmed from me thinking about his loneliness, his incredibly narrow echo chamber, and doing some armchair psychology about his (likely) conservative upbringing and why all of his stories are violent revenge fantasies.  I suppose I was musing about why his thoughts (which aren't all that different from your average reprehensible creep's) absolutely had to be preserved in wiki form.  I really apologize for giving him the benefit of the doubt, it was uncalled-for.  I should have thought that through before posting it.  I clearly still haven't thought it all the way through.  Anyway, my bad.
Nifty Nif, May 25, 2016, 05:57:58 pm

I've actually known a few people who said and did horrible shit because they learned it from their relatives without thinking about it -- they would unintrospectively say nasty things about gay people and women when those people weren't in the room because their similarly conservative and weird family kept encouraging them to vomit it out. It was really hard to see them as genuinely motivated by hate.

Dozerfleet on the other hand seems to have really internalized a lot of this stuff, even though I don't think he understands it.

By the way I was not raised Christian but I really liked VeggieTales.

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous

Nifty Nif, May 25, 2016, 05:57:58 pm

I've actually known a few people who said and did horrible shit because they learned it from their relatives without thinking about it -- they would unintrospectively say nasty things about gay people and women when those people weren't in the room because their similarly conservative and weird family kept encouraging them to vomit it out. It was really hard to see them as genuinely motivated by hate.

Dozerfleet on the other hand seems to have really internalized a lot of this stuff, even though I don't think he understands it.

By the way I was not raised Christian but I really liked VeggieTales.
Zekka, May 25, 2016, 09:18:28 pm

Let me just make one thing clear before this conversation goes any further:
I did not intend my comment about Dozerfleet publishing his work in wiki form to reflect on the actual content of his work.  I do understand that the two are intertwined, but please know that there are separate conversations being had here.  I was incorrect in using the word "understandable" and commenting on his honesty.  I do not endorse his hate in any way, and if anyone wants to have a serious discussion about racism, misogyny, or homophobia, I would be happy to discuss this in another thread.

Nemo2342

• Depleted Uranium Beholder
  • Paid
That doesn't excuse anything, though. It's sad that he's been trapped in such a nasty little echo chamber, but he still says and does this shit. He still stood at the front of a class and told his classmates they were sluts who'd get aids. He still writes stories about beheading the women who have spurned him. Like all angry impotent idiots on the internet, the only real reason he isn't causing much harm is because he hasn't found a platform to speak from outside of a classroom, and that's as much luck as anything else.

One thing I think is quite interesting is that we seem to learn very little about his life outside of media and education. There's so many words about the newsletters he wrote to the girl who transferred schools to escape his stalking, and about the films he made in media class, but I can't find a single mention of his family on the wiki. His user page (which has his fucking CV for some reason) mentions his church and that's about all I can find. I don't know what his upbringing was, really. I know he's an active lutheran, but beyond that, I've got no clue how echo chambery and sheltered his life was.
moooo566, May 25, 2016, 05:47:59 am

I don't know if this still exists on his wiki, but I found it in the original SA thread (bolding mine):

What's Hot This Year 1999 posted:

[He starts working at a grocery store and injures his leg while mowing the lawn.]

The lawn mower accident had repercussions outside of simply having to wear an unpleasant cast. The Dozerfleet founder was originally going to be starting work at Meijer in June. His start date was moved to July 19th because of the injury. While Doug and Cindy, the two main managers, were fairly understanding; Scott was a bit of a jerk about it. As the Dozerfleet founder was healing, he wanted to visit Carly in person.

His grandmother made him promise not to enter her house unless someone else was there. But he didn't think to ask her if she was alone or not over the phone because he feared that would sound weird.

Upon biking to her house, being careful not to rip any of the few-remaining stitches, he found she was alone, and standing around wearing a yellow bath robe. She offered to invite him in, but he decided against it because he didn't want to lie to his grandma.

They talked for a bit outside, but the mosquitoes were really think and began biting her. He decided to end their time together on the porch prematurely, since she was getting eaten alive and didn't appreciate his reluctance to step inside where it was safe.

He told his grandma how terrible it was to force Carly to have to get bitten; but the grandma didn't care. She was more worried that *someone* somewhere was going to start spreading rumors if the Dozerfleet founder went inside Carly's house. And that "mattered more" than the actual harm done by causing a girl to get eaten alive by mosquitoes. It was the first time he'd ever actually regretted listening to his grandma's advice.

I'm not sure what else he has hidden about his family on that wiki, but I feel like this speaks volumes about what his upbringing must have been like.
Nifty Nif Sherman Tank

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Did you guys know that Dozerfleet invented "a webcomic that might have video"?

The planned third version of DSHW would have come in two main flavors: Basic and Throwback. Specified along with automation options, there are a total of six children that make up the third generation of this format: DSHW-3-BA, DSHW-3-BS, DSHW-3-BM, DSHW-3-TA, DSHW-3-TS, and DSHW-3-TM. The BM and TM versions would be the most common, since the automation in BA and TA are for very special occasions where full DVD script behavior is desired. The BS and TS would also be rare, as those semi-automatic versions are only beneficial for short slideshow DSHWs.

What makes version 3 unique is that unlike the previous two versions, there are no actual HTML pages for the Story Page to link to. The navigation simply exchanges virtual page values from a database as commanded by JavaScript. The Chapter Selection Page activates the Story Page and, based on the chapter selected, inserts those values. Version 3 may have resembled a simple port of the technology to the layout of 2 (Basic) or it may apply it to version 1's layout (Throwback.) Therefore, only the Main Menu, Story Page, and Chapter Selection Menu, and Extra Features pages would have been actual HTML files. Everything else would have been either specified in JavaScript or in a value database.

As the DSHW format grows more complex, software would have ideally been developed to make creation of such sites easy for novice site creators. However, the implementation of HTML5 and MotionBook format essentially rendered kaput further DSHW format development, making MotionBook the winner of the format war.

He's also written papers about it

Since Dozerfleet Productions’ own comics division, Dozerfleet Comics, is made primarily of DSHW-formatted comics, the founder of Dozerfleet is considered ideal to write on the subject of how to construct one.

Nifty Nif

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Take a minute and think of what a "Niles-n'-Plebian Kranny" would be before you click that link.

The term "Kranny" is a portmanteu of "Kindle" and "cranny," with "cranny" coming from the phrase "every nook and cranny." The "Niles" part combines "Barnes" with the Nile River, which is longer than the Amazon. "Plebian" is an antonym for "Noble," hence its usage. The "Huestream" refers to it being in color like the Nook Color/Tablet, while referring to a stream as in a stream of water. This makes it the fire vs. water counterpart to the Kindle "Fire."

cube abuser

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Take a minute and think of what a "Niles-n'-Plebian Kranny" would be before you click that link.

The term "Kranny" is a portmanteu of "Kindle" and "cranny," with "cranny" coming from the phrase "every nook and cranny." The "Niles" part combines "Barnes" with the Nile River, which is longer than the Amazon. "Plebian" is an antonym for "Noble," hence its usage. The "Huestream" refers to it being in color like the Nook Color/Tablet, while referring to a stream as in a stream of water. This makes it the fire vs. water counterpart to the Kindle "Fire."
EYE OF ZA, May 26, 2016, 10:51:34 pm
Now I'm really glad I didn't read Thomas Pynchon's most recent novel
Sherman Tank

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
This guy puts an exhaustive amount of effort into his bullshit. I mean, it's not just the wiki, because that's the sort of thing even someone like I could do. But he has to develop his own dumb file formats to put his bullshit into. How does he have time to be this meticulous about all this shit?

cube abuser

• Paid

EYE OF ZA, May 26, 2016, 10:51:34 pm

i can only imagine that The Dozerfleet Founder's room looks like this

except with conservapedia articles and pictures of girls from his high school