Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:07:57 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Screw you Lemon, we're posting about Doctor Who  (Read 10662 times)

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
For everyone's entertainment, someone on Twitter found and shared an early potential cast list for the Doctor in the 1996 TV movie. And there's some great hypothetical castings in here.

https://twitter.com/NothingLane/status/736279386081611777

Paul McGann, who eventually got the role, is pretty high up there. But also on his level is Eric Idle and Jeff Goldblum, that guy from The Thick Of It is also pretty high on the shortlist, and there might be a far-flung alternate universe where David Bowie played the Doctor as well as being the Doctor.

memorylikeasieve

• *SQUEAK!*
  • Paid
  • "If you're white, see a doctor."
...Not gonna lie, I'd love to see Billy Connolly as the Doctor, but we already have a Scotsman who has to exercise all the restraint ever to avoid screaming, 'FUCK.'  Still, a windswept and interesting Doctor would be fun.

Cleretic

• Paid
Guess what? The Doctor Who Christmas special is pretty good! Matt Lucas is gonna be a pretty fun addition to the regular cast.
Amelia Blank

Cleretic

• Paid
Okay so the new season is in about ten days, I've been steering clear of most spoilers, but a few little bits that are worth noting before then:

-This will be both Peter Capaldi and Stephen Moffat's last year. We don't yet know who the next Doctor is after Capaldi (don't get excited because this is never accurate, but to some the frontrunner is Tilda Swinton), but Chris Chibnaill is going to be taking over from Moffat as showrunner. He'll be taking a more writers-room approach than has been done in the past for Who, which should help reduce the issues with Chibnaill's writing that came about particularly in his Torchwood work.

-According to the actress, the new companion is going to be openly gay. So that's cool!

-Spoilery reveal for for some later-season stuff: Possibly as a going-away present to Peter Capaldi, we are getting a two-parter with O.G. Mondas Cybermen. As in the stocking-masked, wearing-air-conditioning, 'older than Murphy's avatar' versions of the Cybermen..

And in other news, Americans here should look into the Britbox streaming service, which is going to have the largest ever archive of instant-streaming Classic Who. Personally that's everything I've ever wanted from a streaming service, but it hasn't touched down in Australia yet so I'm very jealous.

Cleretic

• Paid
Okay, so far this season's episodes have been about:

-Lesbians wanting to run away together.
-That you should respect a society that was there before you.
-17th-Century London was just like, the fucking worst unless you were a rich white dude.
-Eating young people to prolong the life of the old.
-Late-stage capitalism in space.

What I'm saying is that the writers got fucking MAD at modern politics and society, and it's the best.

FinchChunk

• Paid

-17th-Century London was just like, the fucking worst unless you were a rich white dude.

What I'm saying is that the writers got fucking MAD at modern politics and society, and it's the best.
Cleretic, May 14, 2017, 03:59:22 am

At it's best Doctor Who was always good for social commentary (I'm thinking particularly of Sylvester McCoy's run).

Cleretic

• Paid

Cleretic, May 14, 2017, 03:59:22 am

At it's best Doctor Who was always good for social commentary (I'm thinking particularly of Sylvester McCoy's run).
FinchChunk, May 14, 2017, 06:16:44 am
Someone on SA has put forward the theory that The Happiness Patrol is required viewing for all writers this season. And it's one of those notions that you can't easily knock back, because if it was true it'd look exactly the same.

FinchChunk

• Paid
I like that idea.

FinchChunk

• Paid
So, are we getting a female doctor? Bill's line about liking women, and someone around her old age, seemed like a hint to me.

Cleretic

• Paid
So, are we getting a female doctor? Bill's line about liking women, and someone around her old age, seemed like a hint to me.
FinchChunk, July 16, 2017, 02:41:58 am
We'll find out very soon, after the Wimbledon men's final. But they've been keeping the casting remarkably secret, so we can't really say for sure who it might be or even whether or not they're a man.

Kris Marshall is the leading betting favorite, which all but confirms it won't be Kris Marshall, at least.

Ambious

Holy shit, they finally actually did it!

Welcome your new Doctor -  Jodie Whittaker!

chai tea latte Cleretic montrith

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/886608390662893568

if you open up that tweet you can see a lot of dudes mad that the quirky alien in a cheesy sci-fi TV show is going to be played by a woman

FinchChunk

• Paid
https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/886608390662893568

if you open up that tweet you can see a lot of dudes mad that the quirky alien in a cheesy sci-fi TV show is going to be played by a woman
RADICAL SANDWICH ANARCHY, July 16, 2017, 01:12:43 pm

Let's don't and say we did.

Cleretic

• Paid
Holy shit, they finally actually did it!

Welcome your new Doctor -  Jodie Whittaker!

Ambious, July 16, 2017, 10:38:57 am

I woke up to a world objectively cooler than the one I went to sleep in!

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
I want the salty tears, but I don't want to go looking for them because that would be depressing. Please post here if you find any hilariously stupid salty tears.