Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:46:01 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: what's your poison (and by poison i mean delicious alcohol)  (Read 104296 times)

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Seems way easier to whip up than actual caipirinhas - thanks!

Neal

vooooooooodkaaaaaaaaa

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
My go to for awhile has been mules. I've gotta figure out a new alcoholic companion. Maybe a paloma? Can you make a paloma-alike with vodka? Tequila is a bad time

Neal

My go to for awhile has been mules. I've gotta figure out a new alcoholic companion. Maybe a paloma? Can you make a paloma-alike with vodka? Tequila is a bad time
Bobguinary Novel, August 20, 2019, 10:33:50 pm

I was just singing the praises of the caipiroska recently. Give that a whirl.

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
I bought fancy clearance cider. It's mint and basil??? Whatever. I can swallow it and it's got a decent amount of alcohol in it. Maybe i should start waiting for bougie bullshit beers and ciders to not sell and go on clearance as the store tries desperately to make any money on it before clearing out the shelf.

Chupasaurus-Rex

• Slowly being replaced by mediocre game AI
  • Paid
I sell whisky for a living at the moment (yay for weird "high end retail" I guess) so I get to have some really fantastic whisky on a pretty regular basis.

Neal

I sell whisky for a living at the moment (yay for weird "high end retail" I guess) so I get to have some really fantastic whisky on a pretty regular basis.
Chupasaurus-Rex, August 28, 2019, 06:51:04 am

WHY ARE YOU NOT SHARING

Neal

Continuing my journey through gin, and eyeing a bottle of Roku at the local store. I've loved every other Suntory spirit I've had. Anyone have experience with it? How's it stack up to your standard stuff like Bombay or Gordon's?

Chupasaurus-Rex

• Slowly being replaced by mediocre game AI
  • Paid

WHY ARE YOU NOT SHARING

Continuing my journey through gin, and eyeing a bottle of Roku at the local store. I've loved every other Suntory spirit I've had. Anyone have experience with it? How's it stack up to your standard stuff like Bombay or Gordon's?
Neal, August 30, 2019, 03:50:05 pm

I would share... no one asks.

Also, I actually have some experience with the Roku. It is really interesting and tasty, I would say it is a totally different animal than Gordon's or Bombay though. They only have a few bontanicals that are added to the base (juniper infused) spirit. If I remember right it is Sakura leaves and blossoms, Yuzu (japanese bitter orange I think) peel, Sansho Peppercorns (a Japanese black pepper I believe), with sensha and gyokuro tea leaves.

It's got a really light floral and citrus nose, but has a super good herbal vibe on the palate, with a pop of the citrus from the Yuzu, and prickly pepperiness right towards the finish.

I'm generally not super into gins, but it is certainly a nifty one that isn't wildly expensive.

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
Had an "Autumn Mule" tonight, it was very good. Tanqueray, pear nectar, and ginger beer.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Shell Game Macho Masc Sangy Savage

Angora Gomorrah

• just another cat on the internet
  • Paid
  • this is the life I chose
Cheapy go to that I don't need a chaser for: Jim Beam
Go to well drink: Gin n' Tonic

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
I was given a fancy rubber ball that makes giant balls of ice. I guess I'll have giant balls of ice in some straight whatever, whatnot, or what have you.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
I used to be a big olde english fan but recently I've been indulging in some hurricane

Hoffgod

• Paid
I want to like gin, since I like herbal flavored stuff. The problem is I don't like the taste of pine and every gin I've ever had is dominated by the flavor of pine. Are there any good gins out there (preferably cheap) that don't really taste like pine?

Neal

I want to like gin, since I like herbal flavored stuff. The problem is I don't like the taste of pine and every gin I've ever had is dominated by the flavor of pine. Are there any good gins out there (preferably cheap) that don't really taste like pine?
Hoffgod, January 30, 2020, 05:21:23 pm

Roku, the gin I mentioned up-thread, is a Japanese gin with a different blend of botanicals that I think better compliment the juniper. This listicle also gives some suggestions.
Ambious