Projects > The F Plus

Guilt?

(1/8) > >>

agentanalogue:
This one is aimed mostly at the readers, but I'd love to hear other people's reactions too.

Do any of you feel guilty about any of the episodes? I'm not saying you SHOULD, but there are a few that have given me a pang or two just for listening to over the years.  As we've clearly established, not all subjects are equally unlikeable after all.

Acierocolotl:
Is there anything I'm supposed to feel guilty over?  Because, honestly, I don't feel the slightest iota of it.  I'm aware of the concept of guilt, but nothing in this show has provoked it.

The closest thing that would come to provoking guilt would have been reading the juggaromance on Facebook, and that only because they were such painfully witless people without, perhaps, the slightest iota of recognition that this woefully white trash tragi-romance was made the butt of a half hour of the Internet-at-large's amusement.  It comes close because they were such clearly gormless people, squabbling in public, that it became clear to me during that reading what all those centuries-old English authors were getting on about with the snobbery and patronization of the lower classes.

And then Isfahan made a wisecrack explaining "tht" and what vestiges of proto-guilt I might have been in danger of feeling were washed away in a bright peal of laughter.

Chaz:
I feel some slight guilt over the Asexuality episode and the Quicksand episode, in both cases because people I personally know were read on those episodes and (hopefully) have no idea that they were read in silly voices.

OwlSaint (Who was read by STOG - "OCCUPY LIVING ROOM!"), as I mentioned in the Irregular episode about the same subject, is someone who I know because they were a regular player (and later DM) of various D&D campaigns which various AVENites took part in, including myself.

Vandercat (Who was read by Lemon in his AARON TANK voice) happens to be a friend of mine, and we still chat fairly regularly. I don't know if he knows about the episode or not, but he hasn't said anything about it to me yet.

As a matter of fact, I feel a slight pang of guilt about the quicksand episode in general because a couple of good friends of mine are quicksand fetishists, but at least one of them has said they thoroughly enjoyed the episode, so I don't feel quite so bad about it.

Isfahan:
Not really guilt, but I guess the closest I've come to sympathy was seeing horribly unsocialized people trying to be social and not quite making it, though mostly that was just from embarrassment on their behalf.

I was about to say most of the exhibits in the furry dating episode were somewhat sympathetic, but many of them had damning qualities to them. The gargoyle-wannabe was too lazy to work out and get the muscles he wanted, the hyena-girl just blatantly wanted money for being female, the Scottish skunkbear was into diapers, the wolf-guy from Maryland was trying too hard to come off as edgy, and the Most Extreme Furry in the World, Seriously wanted someone he could leech off of while "pursuing his life's work."

That said, I wish Hinaru (the fox temp from Yorktown) and the Certified Faguar the best of luck in finding romance.

Isfahan:
Chaz, the source of your guilt is coming from a different place because you're associated in some way with everything you've listed. agentmonster cockogue is trying to find out if there's guilt even with detachment from the subject matter. You're not detached from asexuals or sinking fetishists, so of course it's going to sting a little for you when their slide comes up on the Powerpoint.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version