Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:54:05 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: star wars thread  (Read 52861 times)

A Whirring Bone-White Gleech

• fact-lord
  • Paid
  • I was in first place, you whore!
star wars thread #135
I'm stepping in at the end of a long thread that appears to have touched on some heavy stuff, but

I fucking hate Star Wars.

GirlKisser420 Captain Nobeard

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
star wars thread #136
One thing I've been thinking about recently is that, in terms of movies, the prequel era was not exactly a high point for Star Wars. I've got a lot of affection for the prequels and I appreciate a lot of storytelling stuff they tried to do, but... as films, they're not great. But that same stretch of time was quite possibly the golden age for Star Wars video games.

There were so many fantastic games that came out around that time: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2, the first two Battlefronts, Rogue Squadron, Republic Commando, the Jedi Knight games, even stuff like Episode One Racer. I never really got into Galaxies or Empire at War but I feel like they were really well-liked, too. It's unfortunate that Disney (and EA, I suppose) haven't really been able to match the bar for quality that LucasArts set in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
star wars thread #137
One thing I've been thinking about recently is that, in terms of movies, the prequel era was not exactly a high point for Star Wars. I've got a lot of affection for the prequels and I appreciate a lot of storytelling stuff they tried to do, but... as films, they're not great. But that same stretch of time was quite possibly the golden age for Star Wars video games.

There were so many fantastic games that came out around that time: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2, the first two Battlefronts, Rogue Squadron, Republic Commando, the Jedi Knight games, even stuff like Episode One Racer. I never really got into Galaxies or Empire at War but I feel like they were really well-liked, too. It's unfortunate that Disney (and EA, I suppose) haven't really been able to match the bar for quality that LucasArts set in the late 90s and early 2000s.
Nikaer Drekin, July 01, 2018, 12:11:39 pm

It seems like the new Battlefronts weren't necessarily terrible games with regard to the actual gaming part, but EA/Disney's bad decisions hobbled them. IIRC, the rebooted Battlefront was released before it was finished because they wanted to link it to the release of The Force Awakens, so it came out kind of half-baked and bad. And then of course, new Battlefront II got fucked up because of EA's comical greediness.

I think another point to be made is that there have been quite a few Star Wars video games that have come out since Disney bought LucasFilm, but most of them have been on smartphones. Which is not ideal, just in general.

Bunnybread

• You're welcome, genitals of the world.
  • Ridiculist
star wars thread #138
I saw the new worstest movie ever in the history of mankind over on netflix.  I mean, I get it if folks are pissed that Luke died after a ForceTime call and that is a pretty weird way to go out.  But it wasn't THAT bad.

A Whirring, Bone-White Gleech, June 23, 2018, 06:26:09 am

Got you, fam....
https://twitter.com/PTSDGuts/status/1048607343447920640/photo/1

Just click it.  I dunno how to embed shit.
SHAMBA~1.SBB Nikaer Drekin Yavuz FinchChunk
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:25:43 am by Bunnybread »

SHAMBA~1.SBB

• I love dungs!!
  • Paid
  • ƨtupid cat
star wars thread #139
RIP, Peter Mayhew.
Monkey’s Paw Wish

Monkey’s Paw Wish

• Paid
star wars thread #140
So I kind of like The Mandalorian. A lot of that has to do with a very cute puppet.

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
star wars thread #141
Dog sat for my friend and got to watch the episodes of The Mandalorian that exist right now. I have one burning question: Do you think the Jawas eat those hairy eggs to get high or is it just like a rare delicacy for them?

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
star wars thread #142
Dog sat for my friend and got to watch the episodes of The Mandalorian that exist right now. I have one burning question: Do you think the Jawas eat those hairy eggs to get high or is it just like a rare delicacy for them?
Dr. Buttplug, December 09, 2019, 09:44:37 am
Haven't seen mando, but my knowledge of jawas is that they drive around the desert selling shit (and lookin like the dudes from phantasm). If there was something that got jawas high I imagine it would lead to a massive restructuring of jawa society because they would compete to sell it. Just blue milk for thought!

Dr. Buttplug

• Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
star wars thread #143
Dr. Buttplug, December 09, 2019, 09:44:37 am
Haven't seen mando, but my knowledge of jawas is that they drive around the desert selling shit (and lookin like the dudes from phantasm). If there was something that got jawas high I imagine it would lead to a massive restructuring of jawa society because they would compete to sell it. Just blue milk for thought!
Agent Coop Time!, December 09, 2019, 11:36:15 am

Yeah they trade, but we're not really shown why they've chosen a nomadic lifestyle. It could be that they explore the desert. Maybe it's the best way to recover scrap and move from food source to food source, but maybe it's also a way to get crazy space cactus juice and disgusting animal glands for their psychoactive properties?

Anyway the sets and costumes are brilliant and make the show totally worth the price of admission (ideally paying for one month of Disney+ when all the episodes are available, or house-sitting for someone who has kids in my case.)

Sauce

• Common-gender prole
  • Paid
  • Screw it, I'll go with they/them
star wars thread #144
Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker is a movie about Star Wars.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
star wars thread #145
Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker is a movie about Star Wars.
Sauce, December 20, 2019, 02:59:07 pm
And how!!!

duz

• Paid
star wars thread #146
It feels like a Star Wars movie that was made in 2019.

Spenny

• coolest guy
  • Paid
  • piss itself
star wars thread #147
JJ Abrams retire bitch

doo doo ass movie
Dr. Buttplug

I Liked That Joke

• Paid
  • Boy oh boy, there's a lot of good jokes out there!
star wars thread #148
I liked a lot of individual scenes but I was really disappointed by how they just dropped the emotional throughlines, themes and plots to make Return of the Jedi again. Also jesus christ I'm sick of planet destruction, we get it. Learn a new bit.

Here's my very long pitch for a better version, nsfw'd for length and spoilers by omission:
NSFW content. Click to show.
Dr. Buttplug
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 02:43:03 pm by I Liked That Joke »

Dr. Buttplug

• Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
star wars thread #149
Palpy is back baby, and this time, he fucks.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Sauce Salubrious Rex