Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:41:17 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: I'm reimplementing dark mode (controlled by your system settings)  (Read 6766 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Okay, so brief overview.

• Starting from a a request from Ambious, I built a dark mode for ballpit. The stylesheet worked out fine, and this allowed me to call it feature complete and make it a feature of ballpit
  • However, while the front-end code involved in that was fine, the backend code wasn't. I was accidentally creating hundreds of server errors a day, because I am bad at MySQL. I disabled dark mode "temporarily", but then moved on to other shit and forgot about it
  • Last night I remembered that I left that hanging, and am trying another implementation. This will be based on your system settings, rather than a toggle on the site itself. I'll update this thread once I have this part implemented on the live site.
Secret Gaygent 69 Puppy Time Shell Game Ambious Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Great Joe Salubrious Rex SHAMBA~1.SBB auaurorau

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Okay! This has been implemented.

To get it to work, you need to have dark mode enabled on your system itself.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Secret Gaygent 69

Great Joe

• Local good at video games be-er
  • Paid
  • Myahhh!
Rad. Also can confirm you've avoided that one common Ubuntu error where dark mode would make text boxes illegible.
Lemon

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
  • AND THEN THEY'LL HAVE A DONKEY HEAD!
Hell fukken yeah

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
I've only tested it to a certain extent, so if you do run into visibility issues, post em here or email me.

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
  • AND THEN THEY'LL HAVE A DONKEY HEAD!
The text field (at least for replies) is dark until I click on it, at which point it becomes white with black text. Which I assume is not supposed to be the case in dark mode.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
The text field (at least for replies) is dark until I click on it, at which point it becomes white with black text. Which I assume is not supposed to be the case in dark mode.
Puppy Time, July 12, 2020, 10:42:23 pm
This also happens for the New Topic text box, but not the text box for sending a PM.

Speaking of which, the alternating colors for Inbox messages alternate between black and white.

Ambious

• Moist
  • Paid
My eyes and battery thank you again.
lazzer grardaion?

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
K, update made. For edit mode, post title and post content got restyled (goes from "a little bit darker" to "a little bit more darker" on focus)

Down10

• Square Pusher
  • Paid
Thank you.

One note: the dropdown menus on the account setting pages need some work, as the headings are now unreadable.

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Thank you.

One note: the dropdown menus on the account setting pages need some work, as the headings are now unreadable.
Down10, July 31, 2020, 09:38:48 am

Right you are. Issue added.
https://github.com/AhoyLemon/ballpit/issues/70

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Thank you.

Down10, July 31, 2020, 09:38:48 am

Right you are. Issue added.
https://github.com/AhoyLemon/ballpit/issues/70
Lemon, July 31, 2020, 01:50:23 pm

And done.
Down10