Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:50:16 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Email notifications working again/email notifications had stopped working again  (Read 9110 times)

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
Several online tips had all suggested using the gmail smtp server to send out mail, which is convenient but apparently after 20 days it needs me to do a web login or it will refuse the SMTP connections.

Email notifications were down for a little under 24 hours. Until I cave and set up a goddamn SMTP server, I'll make a routine of logging into gmail through Lynx every 2 weeks and hopefully this won't be much of a problem in the future.

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
Turns out I didn't actually fix the problem since it popped up again a day later.

On the plus side: I figured out my SMTP problem from earlier. My server host blocks port 25 outgoing for the first two weeks that a VPS is running, regardless of the fact that I've been a paying customer for more than 2 years now.

As of yesterday morning, mail is now sent properly from the server, this issue should really not be popping up any more.