Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:21:00 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 267: We Resentfully Attend  (Read 22099 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
267: We Resentfully Attend

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
267: We Resentfully Attend #1
Is elevensies not a thing on that side of the atlantic?

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
267: We Resentfully Attend #2
Is elevensies not a thing on that side of the atlantic?
moooo566, November 19, 2017, 12:41:36 pm

I didn't know it was still a thing on either side of the Atlantic.

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
267: We Resentfully Attend #3
I think the reason nerd weddings piss me off so much is because marriage is a coming-of-age ritual (one I’m becoming increasingly bitter about not having experienced at age 36) and if you’re going to use it as an opportunity to celebrate your childish pursuits (in exactly the same way as every other childish person) instead of being mature for one fuckin’ day of your life, you might as well just hold it in a fuckin’ playpen.

(Searches offbeatbride.com for “playpen.” Finds no results. Finds several results for “ball pit.” Shakes fist at heavens.)
Sherman Tank Eider Duck chai tea latte Caroline Turtle

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
267: We Resentfully Attend #4
Sherman and Tank's Tag Suggestions Wedding: "annoying", "pagans", "pop culture", "x meets y and it bites", "your life is uniquely meaningless", "zombies"

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
267: We Resentfully Attend #5
I'm going to have a china mieville wedding, my fiancee will have a bug mask on and right before the honeymoon I'll give her brain damage. the police will raid it.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Macho Masc Sangy Savage chai tea latte Vinny Possum Boots Raingear Positronic dakkafex Sherman Tank

Ambious

267: We Resentfully Attend #6
This is a good episode
Sherman Tank Achilles' Heelies I Liked That Joke chai tea latte GirlKisser420

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
267: We Resentfully Attend #7
Futurist is a job title that existed about 100 years ago, so I guess it fits with the rest of the anachronistic shit in those weddings

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
267: We Resentfully Attend #8
Futurist is a job title that existed about 100 years ago, so I guess it fits with the rest of the anachronistic shit in those weddings
A Meat, November 19, 2017, 04:09:56 pm

I just figured he was secretly Umberto Boccioni.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

Glitterbomber

• Paid
267: We Resentfully Attend #9
I've got nerdy friends. I was just at a wedding where the reception was Star Trek themed. It was a cute little thing with custom cocktails and a fun photobooth and shit like that. We had a nice time and everyone got 'oh, cute, they wanted to use their love of Star Trek to make this a more unique thing' nice and clear. They also had a normal ass wedding and didn't spend twenty minutes speaking in Klingon while 90% of the crowd just watched the clock. The balance does exist! You can like something without making it literally all you are as a person, nerds!
One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes bubbleuj Bodark

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
267: We Resentfully Attend #10
My friends had a mostly normal wedding, with the only nerd thing being a giant 20 sided die made of pvr foam. Instead of clinking glasses to get the couple to kiss, you had to roll. 20 the couple would kiss, critical fail you had to kiss someone.

SirSlarty

• Linda, where's my coffee!?
  • Paid
  • don't let's start
267: We Resentfully Attend #11
My brother had a typical wedding. He and his wife are into pop culture nerdy stuff (Harry Potter, LotR, Buffy et al). The only "nerd cred" thing they did was play the celebration march from the end of Star Wars for their entrance into the reception.

An entire wedding based on pop culture would be like reading an Ernest Cline book. Awful and self serving.
Cheapskate Corn Syrup

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
267: We Resentfully Attend #12
I was thinking to myself that I kind of want to see an ultranerd wedding where it's not Firefly or Doctor Who but, like, "We made our entire wedding Gitaroo Man themed, and the reception was based off of Nights into Dreams."

Then the Star Wars EU wedding came up and ehhhhhhhh
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Corn Syrup

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
267: We Resentfully Attend #13
I was thinking to myself that I kind of want to see an ultranerd wedding where it's not Firefly or Doctor Who but, like, "We made our entire wedding Gitaroo Man themed, and the reception was based off of Nights into Dreams."

Then the Star Wars EU wedding came up and ehhhhhhhh
RADICAL SANDWICH ANARCHY, November 19, 2017, 10:51:27 pm

That brings up the question of there was a Plutonic ideal of the most cringe inducing turbo nerd wedding, what would it be? If money, time, and dignity were no object.

A Steampunk wedding on an actual zepplin? A Final Fantasy VI wedding where the ceremony is the entire opera?

Dawnswalker

• Paid
267: We Resentfully Attend #14
A Final Fantasy VI wedding where the ceremony is the entire opera?
Sanguinary Novel, November 19, 2017, 11:30:41 pm

The opera and the gameplay sequence that takes place around it, reimagined as a comedic play-within-a-play. (Written by a couple that are both comedy writers!)