Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:34:38 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 194: r/ecuseyourself  (Read 39486 times)

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
194: r/ecuseyourself #60
ladies, ladies, you both put your bras on one leg at a time

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
194: r/ecuseyourself #61
I can't deny it. And we both draw dragons in ms paint one click at a time.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
194: r/ecuseyourself #62
r/dragondrawings will keep this forum together
QueenSyreen

goombapolice

• a muscular, cum producing MONSTER
  • Paid
194: r/ecuseyourself #63
We're nearly 200 episodes in. If you don't understand how the podcast works at this point, maybe it's not for you.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
194: r/ecuseyourself #64
It's easy to get the wrong read of the readers' opinions of websites because all you're hearing is an hour of the best jokes they made about a website every couple weeks.  Sometimes it can come off more antagonistic than they really are just because it's such a small little snippet.  But Boots uses Reddit, as he said at the end of this episode.  Portaxx has been part of a Kickstarter. (I think?)  They can make fun of the bad aspects of a site and still use it.

Shigan

• Cum golem with long hair on men
  • Paid
194: r/ecuseyourself #65
Boy, I'm sure glad I'm not emotionally invested in any of the podcast's subject matter.

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
194: r/ecuseyourself #66
It's easy to get the wrong read of the readers' opinions of websites because all you're hearing is an hour of the best jokes they made about a website every couple weeks.  Sometimes it can come off more antagonistic than they really are just because it's such a small little snippet.  But Boots uses Reddit, as he said at the end of this episode.  Portaxx has been part of a Kickstarter. (I think?)  They can make fun of the bad aspects of a site and still use it.
EYE OF ZA, November 27, 2015, 12:57:53 pm

Pretty much. I know folks have given me hell by saying I hate Kickstarter and especially Patreon, but that would literally make no sense since both of those sites provide services that I've been advocating for years. I like the idea of a site where people can directly support a project beforehand, and I like the idea of artists being able to make a living (or even partial living) off of doing what they love. These are both good things. If someone wants to make a short film series and folks want to see it, why not let the people fund it themselves? Likewise if someone just wants to make a ton of Youtube videos and people like the content, why not give them a chance to support it?

In fact I'm almost positive I say something to that effect in the Patreon episode, and people still think I hate artists making money off their art.

I think part of this and the whole "now wait a minute, not everyone in this given subculture/forum/site is like that!" comes from how we will usually say something like "of course this kind of awful shit is on this website" at one point or another in an episode. I get where people are coming from, because at face value it really does sound like we just blanketly hate every website ever.

Rather, the "ugh [WEBSITE]" gagging refers more to how specific sites each have very distinct flavors of terrible to them. Reddit has the MRAs, DeviantArt has the ugly MS Paint fanart, Kickstarter has the idiots who want funding before they want to even plan their project, and so on. None of these sites are universally awful, but Patreon Horrible is notably different from AllRecipes Horrible. So when we say "yep, that's this site all right! BARF" then that's what we're talking about.

Really the only 100% perfect website out there is Spells of Magic, is what I'm trying to say.
The Comna

Spacebat

• The Friedrich Nietzsche of Snuggling
  • Paid
194: r/ecuseyourself #67
My only problem with the F Plus is Guest.
One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes Lemon Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Dawnswalker Down10 Frank West

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
194: r/ecuseyourself #68
Spacebat, November 27, 2015, 09:32:51 pm
Guest? Never heard of em.

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
194: r/ecuseyourself #69
Guest? Never heard of em.
AgentCoop, November 27, 2015, 09:37:55 pm

Yeah, I hate Guest too.

Adam Bozarth

• Your friend on the internet
  • Ridiculist
  • [File Photo]
194: r/ecuseyourself #70
Reddit is the Internet's id
Laocius
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 11:14:16 pm by Adam Bozarth »

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
194: r/ecuseyourself #71
I HATE STOG TOO

oh wait

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
194: r/ecuseyourself #72

What a horrible thing to say about yourself!

TheCrawlingChaos

• IWASWONDERINGIFTHEREWEREANYSTORIESWHEREJENSENISACATPERSONANDJAREDISADOGPERSONANDSOMEHOWTHISISACOMPLICATIONINTHEIRRELATIONSHIP?!?
  • Paid
  • Messenger of the Outer Gods
194: r/ecuseyourself #73
Adam Bozarth, November 27, 2015, 11:04:55 pm

I thought that was 4Chan?

Adam Bozarth

• Your friend on the internet
  • Ridiculist
  • [File Photo]
194: r/ecuseyourself #74
Adam Bozarth, November 27, 2015, 11:04:55 pm

I thought that was 4Chan?
TheCrawlingChaos, November 28, 2015, 01:00:40 am
4Chan is the amygdala, the fear and anger center of the brain, severely riddled with anime tumors.
Nikaer Drekin TheCrawlingChaos Adept Promethorn Liatai