Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:42:53 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale  (Read 42288 times)

Blandest

• Paid
  • Help! Cannot see! Can only smell!
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #15
At least the person at the ABC shop selling Doctor Who merchandise is out of a job now, what with the physical ABC stores running at a loss and closing down. So there are some positives to take from this.

Chupasaurus-Rex

• Slowly being replaced by mediocre game AI
  • Paid
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #16
"I changed my mind, I wanna be like her when I grow up"
                                                                      -No One Ever.

Username

• Paid
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #17
Cosplay is not Consent!

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #18
Adam was exactly right about my search technique.
Chupasaurus-Rex chai tea latte Lemon Sherman Tank A Meat Gyro Adam Bozarth John Toast Macho Masc Sangy Savage Down10 Ashto Really_Quite_Nice Laocius positive stress Madtrixr Bobsterfest CapitalN Vekson nuffkins, of all people, NotHelpingMatters

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #19
Why are so many of these stories about cosplayers being heroes?  It's like the secret second cosplay episode.

Coalbus

• Paid
  • Urinates Hard
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #20
Why are so many of these stories about cosplayers being heroes?  It's like the secret second cosplay episode.
EYE OF ZA, April 17, 2016, 07:41:26 pm
Obviously it's because cosplay is the most heroic and brave act. ::applause::

SatanInAZootSuit

• This Guy
  • Paid
  • I am become death, destroyer of threads.
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #21
This episode is making my eye twitch
And then every other body part applauded and make my twitchy eye eye of the month.

memorylikeasieve

• *SQUEAK!*
  • Paid
  • "If you're white, see a doctor."
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #22
I love Dr Who and I still wanna slap the ABC shop person and never stop slapping them.

Also, the 'you make a stand, you say no, bla bla bla' speech is a fucking quote from the show, which makes it even more infuriating in an already infuriating parade of infuriating stories.
Yavuz SatanInAZootSuit Maxine Headroom Really_Quite_Nice CapitalN blunge

Haruharuharuko

• Paid
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #23
How is it that this is the episode that has made me cringe harder than anything else on the F Plus?

Gyro McMillan and Waifu Yavuz NotHelpingMatters

izzy

• Dealer of Illegal Hedgehog Substances
  • Paid
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #24
I love Dr Who and I still wanna slap the ABC shop person and never stop slapping them.
memorylikeasieve, April 17, 2016, 10:12:32 pm
Likewise. Yeah, I love the show, but "deep"? Are you fucking kidding me?

Vinny Possum

• Garfield's cosmic love katana.
  • Paid
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #25
How is it that this is the episode that has made me cringe harder than anything else on the F Plus?
Haruharuharuko, April 17, 2016, 10:33:22 pm

Humanity didn't get to the top of the food chain without developing a halfway functioning bullshit-o-meter
NotHelpingMatters

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #26
LEMON: the third time I told it it got way more dramatic, because I knew that the first two times I told it, like, nobody liked it?...so I said this, and she cried, and left the room...
ISFAHAN: the story didn't screen well, so you went to rewrites?
LEMON: Yeah! I mean, I genuinely did. Like, I don't know if that's a bad thing on my part but I do do that, I do do that with anecdotes where I don't actually know with an anecdote that I've told for five years, how much of it is true.
ISFAHAN: Sure.
BOOTS: That's not unique. I've got a handful of those too.

I was talking with a friend the other day about this excellent piece ("The Marineland Dreamland") from The Walrus a few years ago, written by a guy who was so concerned with his anecdote's truthiness that he did an investigative journalist piece on his own memory. It feels relevant to the quoted dialogue above.There's a companion podcast piece here, if you feel like the essay ends abruptly.
Boots Raingear Really_Quite_Nice

Glitterbomber

• Paid
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #27
memorylikeasieve, April 17, 2016, 10:12:32 pm
Likewise. Yeah, I love the show, but "deep"? Are you fucking kidding me?
izzy, April 17, 2016, 11:00:30 pm

I always love when nerds get the wrong order in the 'yea it's an x show but y can enjoy it too'.

Dr Who is literally a kid's show. It's a kid's show that the writers feel can be good for all ages as well, but even fuckin Moffat has said it's a kid's show.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-05-17/of-course-doctor-who-is-a-childrens-show-says-steven-moffat---but-that-doesnt-mean-its-childish

DEEP.
MEANINGS.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #28
If you don't think doctor who is a kid's show, there's two options: either you are a kid, or you are a kid, mentally.
NotHelpingMatters

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #29
Like tales of promiscuous gay sex, it shouldn't be hard to tell a story about crazy customers in retail.

The very existence of these laughable power fantasies prove that these people wouldn't say shit to anyone, about anything.
Gyro eldritchhat Really_Quite_Nice chai tea latte