Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:18:19 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread  (Read 1462365 times)

Victor Laszlo

• May my path be lit up by the bridges that I've burned
  • Ridiculist
  • Yay Victor!
toasties are bullshit. 10 bucks for a somehow cold toasted sandwich with the cheapest ingredients possible, and every american will kill over debates on What They're Supposed to Be. Americans have italian style food opinion bloodthirst over the cheapest fast food fries and packaged mac and cheese, and the Toastie is the apex of this
GirlKisser420, January 07, 2023, 04:33:34 pm
I have never heard of a Toastie...
Achilles' Heelies, January 07, 2023, 04:58:33 pm
I’ve only heard of them in England. Basically a ham/Turkey and cheese sandwich stuck in a toaster oven for a few minutes and sold outside a train station. Never ten bucks for one though, more like 5-6.

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
its just a Grilled Cheese or a jaffle, whatever you call it

Victor Laszlo

• May my path be lit up by the bridges that I've burned
  • Ridiculist
  • Yay Victor!
GirlKisser420, January 07, 2023, 05:46:47 pm
Are you sure you’re talking about Americans? I’ve lived here a long time and I’ve never heard a strong opinion about a grilled cheese sandwich.

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
Are you sure you’re talking about Americans? I’ve lived here a long time and I’ve never heard a strong opinion about a grilled cheese sandwich.
Victor Laszlo, January 07, 2023, 05:57:45 pm
You have been living under a rock sir. If you don't have an opinion on what fat should be used to fry it (on a pan or griddle) or what kind of cheese to use I don't know what to tell you.

Dr. Buttplug

• Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
If you melt candy or chocolate into the cavity of a hollow point bullet will it impact it's terminal effectiveness? More importantly, will it kill the tooth fairy?

Shell Game

• Fearless: The Fiscal Year of Shadow
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
Victor Laszlo, January 07, 2023, 05:57:45 pm
You have been living under a rock sir. If you don't have an opinion on what fat should be used to fry it (on a pan or griddle) or what kind of cheese to use I don't know what to tell you.
Dr. Buttplug, January 07, 2023, 11:07:37 pm
I... also have never encountered this.

Turtle

• [F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+]
  • Paid
is this some pittsburgh thing or are we being had?

Sauce

• Common-gender prole
  • Paid
  • Screw it, I'll go with they/them
Just chiming in to concur with Victor that toasties are a big thing in the UK, and the toastie maker is a fairly common appliance (not as universal as the electric kettle, but not as far behind as you'd think).

Edit: I've just discovered Australians make spaghetti and baked bean toasties (while insistently calling them "jaffles"). And people say British cuisine is wretched. Images spoilered for those weak of stomach.
NSFW content. Click to show.
A Meat
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 07:06:44 pm by Sauce »

Dr. Buttplug

• Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
My recipe for grilled cheese:

Due to lactose intolerance I use daiya cheddar slices, put a thin coating of mayo on one side of each slice. Throw them mayo side down into a nonstick pan then put the pan on the burner turned to medium. As soon as they get gooey quickly scrape em up and put them between slices of bread. Then toast the sandwich in the pan with butter like normal.

Depending on the amount of mayo and cook time the cheese may or may not stay gooey long enough. I'm still perfecting it.

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
The Shiny Demon in Tenacious D's Tribute and The Monarch from Venture Bros have pretty much the exact same voice.
xX_sp00ks_Xx

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
is it unethical to use the mechanical keyboard from the equipment cupboard in the office? it's kind of annoying but maybe the other people on my bank of desks deserve it.
thelizzerd

thelizzerd

• Paid
  • Make documents, not sense.
is it unethical to use the mechanical keyboard from the equipment cupboard in the office? it's kind of annoying but maybe the other people on my bank of desks deserve it.
moooo566 (taylor's version), January 10, 2023, 04:17:33 pm

I vote it's ethical to use. Supply exists.  Some people find keyboard noises help them focus more. Here's to hoping your cowotkers are those people.

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
“When the rubber hits the road” look I ain’t ever fuck a pothole idgi but I’m glad u use protection, bro 👍
Sauce

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
list of jobs where you can wear a cowboy hat indoors:
-comedian
-musician
-preacher
-pundit/politician
-cowboy hat salesman
thelizzerd Salubrious Rex chai tea latte RoeCocoa

thelizzerd

• Paid
  • Make documents, not sense.
list of jobs where you can wear a cowboy hat indoors:
-comedian
-musician
-preacher
-pundit/politician
-cowboy hat salesman
A Meat, January 13, 2023, 08:36:56 am

-teacher (but only on wacky hat school spirit day)
A Meat RoeCocoa