Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:08:23 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 366: Let's Do The Time Loaf Again  (Read 12715 times)

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
366: Let's Do The Time Loaf Again #15
Two things I learned from this episode.

The first is that while it's all stupid confabulation, there isn't a lot of lying. There's tons of lying in the other fringe belief episodes, but in this one people's supernatural tales are "I think dogs sat different" or "is water too wet". It feels like there's not much you can gain from lying,. It makes sense: the ideal Mandela Effect experience is a fact you remember wrong that other people also remember wrong., so itrewards relatability more than sensationalism.

The second is that there's no core belief behind the Mandela effect narrative. Even people like the moms from the starchildren episode talked about crystals and vibrational energy as if it was shared knowledge.  I could tell there was some kind of canonical set of 'real' Mandela effect events, and true, there were a couple cranks yelling about gangstalkers, but  I didn't see any kind of explanation or purpose people believed in. No shadowy organization, no secret plot, no complex dog-whistle language. It's a conspiracy theory without a conspiracy or a theory.

Someone get Umberto Eco on the phone, I have a pitch for Foucault's Pendulum 2.
jim and the mammograms xdaringdamselx thelizzerd Frank West Immoral Filth adrenochrome dome Antivehicular Puppy Time SHAMBA~1.SBB A Meat
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 08:48:23 am by EYE OF ZA »

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
366: Let's Do The Time Loaf Again #16
my fav mandela effect posting is the fruit/froot loops guy, who thought he was constantly shifting b/w universes with alternate spellings of froot loops, and taped plates to the wall to see if they would turn into different shapes:

also, congrats kthor on 8,000+ Cum Shirts!
1234GO!, January 22, 2022, 10:35:37 pm

This guy made his own subreddit for ME and awarded himself the Mandela Effect Plates Prize 2021. There were no other contenders for the award.

https://twitter.com/frootoftheloom1/status/1487773568612151302?s=20&t=70reperv9AHbZBTye3g98w
1234GO! xdaringdamselx Frank West chai tea latte

Hoffgod

• Paid
366: Let's Do The Time Loaf Again #17
Someone should introduce the "why did ovals stop existing" guy to NASCAR. He'll feel so validated.

SHAMBA~1.SBB

• I love dungs!!
  • Paid
  • ƨtupid cat
366: Let's Do The Time Loaf Again #18
Late to the party (had to put this one off after starting a new job), but the oval graphics joke reminded me of a weird little British DOS game called Ecstatica that had entirely ellipse-based graphics.

Boots Raingear Antivehicular chai tea latte Salubrious Rex adrenochrome dome Dr. Buttplug Penultimatum

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
366: Let's Do The Time Loaf Again #19
Late to the party (had to put this one off after starting a new job), but the oval graphics joke reminded me of a weird little British DOS game called Ecstatica that had entirely ellipse-based graphics.
SHAMBA~1.SBB, January 31, 2022, 02:45:19 pm

NSFW content. Click to show.
SHAMBA~1.SBB Salubrious Rex Dr. Buttplug

Great Joe

• Local good at video games be-er
  • Paid
  • Myahhh!
366: Let's Do The Time Loaf Again #20
This episode was way cummier than I expected!

For some reason, I just completely fucking lost it in Baba Booey Flintstones. Just full-body wheezing explosive laughter. I want to see clips from that person's Flintstones loaf so, so badly.
Antivehicular, January 25, 2022, 03:54:58 am
Well,

chai tea latte thelizzerd Salubrious Rex SHAMBA~1.SBB Frank West adrenochrome dome Immoral Filth Antivehicular

DykeDastardly

• Paid
366: Let's Do The Time Loaf Again #21
I hope the guy who doesn't understand how seasons work is actually from another universe. That would be easier to accept than the alternative.
Immoral Filth thelizzerd

tipsy

• Paid
  • immune to propoganda and knives
366: Let's Do The Time Loaf Again #22
i didn't find anyone mentioning this on a cursory search but the "hot topic sexy corner" is just the back corner of a spencer's, right? i think they got it confused since spencer's and hot topic were visually similar at the time but spencer's have always had the sex toys and fetish stuff at the back corner of the store.

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
366: Let's Do The Time Loaf Again #23
i didn't find anyone mentioning this on a cursory search but the "hot topic sexy corner" is just the back corner of a spencer's, right? i think they got it confused since spencer's and hot topic were visually similar at the time but spencer's have always had the sex toys and fetish stuff at the back corner of the store.
tipsy, October 20, 2022, 12:24:29 pm

In my experience Hot Topic always had piercings and lingerie in the back corner. A more PG sexy corner than Spencers.

tipsy

• Paid
  • immune to propoganda and knives
366: Let's Do The Time Loaf Again #24
tipsy, October 20, 2022, 12:24:29 pm

In my experience Hot Topic always had piercings and lingerie in the back corner. A more PG sexy corner than Spencers.
Dr. Buttplug, October 20, 2022, 01:00:32 pm

hot topic was just spencer's for people too young to buy cigarettes anyways
Dr. Buttplug xdaringdamselx adrenochrome dome RoeCocoa

izzy

• Dealer of Illegal Hedgehog Substances
  • Paid
366: Let's Do The Time Loaf Again #25
Found this while going through the "Related to nothing, I just like this picture" thread:

"Gen'ral...uh, gen'ral..."

EDIT:  Found the original post by Crow.
Lemon thelizzerd Dr. Buttplug Adam Bozarth Antivehicular
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 04:30:05 pm by izzy »

DUDEVSTHEWORLD

• Paid
366: Let's Do The Time Loaf Again #26
This episode honestly might be my favorite. Its inspired me to keep checking the /r/Retconned subreddit and find more insane shit. I dunno something about these people losing their grips on whats real or blaming simple mental ticks on alternate realities is incredible to me

DUDEVSTHEWORLD

• Paid
366: Let's Do The Time Loaf Again #27

bannana
bananna
bananan
bnanana
nbanana
Salubrious Rex sea hag kthorjensen chai tea latte Semantic Weeb Dr. Buttplug SHAMBA~1.SBB xdaringdamselx RoeCocoa

Philosothelia

• Paid
  • The world literally becomes the vagina.
366: Let's Do The Time Loaf Again #28
“loaf” has entered my regular vocabulary now. A conversation with my wife today:

“What’s a donut tire? You mean a monkey wheel?”
“Monkey wheel? You’re fucking with me. Is that a regional thing?”
“Apparently not, I looked for anyone on the internet using the term and it seems like that’s just what they’re called in my loaf.”
Dr. Buttplug Salubrious Rex chai tea latte Great Joe junior associate faguar xdaringdamselx Antivehicular RoeCocoa DUDEVSTHEWORLD

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
366: Let's Do The Time Loaf Again #29
I keep wanting to call things loaves in conversation and then having to remember that no one will know what I mean.
Salubrious Rex Lemon RoeCocoa