Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:19:39 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: What should F Plus newcomers know when they see the site for the first time?  (Read 3735 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Heyo!

Sort of an open-ended question, but one I'd like to get some feedback on....

Boots and I have been giving some thought to redoing the about page, as a way to let people know what they're getting into. We do a show with over 20 days' worth of content, and I'm sure that can be daunting to get started with. And shit, I've been doing this thing for well over a decade, so I certainly have no sense of perspective on this.

What I will say is that if you start out you definitely shouldn't start at the beginning, cause those are not great episodes, but you should probably know that our show is routinely silly and often very gross, but mostly episodic - and so it's probably just worth finding a topic that interests you and sifting thru the backlog from there. And also just as important is a couple more ideas I'd like folks to know right from the jump:
  • We're making fun of people, but we are emphatically opposed to any sort of harassment of the subjects, whomever they may be.
  • Simultaneously, ours is to observe and not to interfere.
  • We're just trying to make something that's fun for us.
  • Business inquiries? Fuck off.
  • Are you into some kind of weird sex thing? Okie dokie, enjoy yourself. You probably don't need to tell any of us about it tho.
  • There's a lot of people involved in this thing. You probably won't be able to distinguish voices right away, that's okay.
  • Women is really a path's duck.

What information or advice or messaging do you wish you knew going in? What did somebody else tell you to give you context?
thelizzerd Achilles' Heelies Sauce Bodark
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 03:14:11 pm by Lemon »

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
Pretty good coverage so far. I'd probably add something about how we acknowledge that we're seeking out the weirdest/funniest posts from a community and we're aware that (most of the time) it's not representative of that community. We know that owning a flashlight or drinking root beer doesn't automatically make you a laughingstock
thelizzerd Dr. Buttplug jim and the mammograms Puppy Time

Victor Laszlo

• May my path be lit up by the bridges that I've burned
  • Ridiculist
  • Yay Victor!
Rule number 6: [yayvictor]
One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes Salubrious Rex thelizzerd Dr. Buttplug Bunnybread Antivehicular chai tea latte jim and the mammograms adrenochrome dome

Sherlockian

• Library handwriting. Indexing. Abstracting. Alphabetizing. Filing.
  • Paid
  • File under Z695.95 S54
I don't know if it would help to explicitly state this, but:
No one will judge you for choosing to sit out an episode. Not just the gross ones-- if you think something will hit close to home or make you upset, don't listen to it. No one wants the listeners to have a bad time and there will be another episode soon.
thelizzerd Secret Gaygent 69 xdaringdamselx Lemon Nemo2342 Antivehicular A Meat TheCrawlingChaos Sauce Bodark

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Just remembered that this thread exists. I might have a whole "What episode should I start with" section.

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
Perhaps a line about what to do if you are the subject of an episode and you don’t like it?
chai tea latte RoeCocoa Vinny Possum

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Okay, here's our brand new about page.
Boots Raingear positive stress Achilles' Heelies RoeCocoa adrenochrome dome Puppy Time Antivehicular